WestJet Airlineshorrible company with racism flight attendant and ride for crying kids.

My family had a terrible experience while taking Westjet for Canada travel. They were taking WestJet 1508 in Sep-08-019 from Calgary return back to San Francisco. Prior to boarding, this flight was delayed by 3 hours and because of this, my family had to wait in the airport for 5 hours. Thus my son, which is only 2 years old, was very exhausted and really sleepy. Imagine that even for an adult, 5 hours of waiting in airport is quite stressful. While starting from their boarding, the flight attendant never showed any warm welcome to these exhausted passengers. Instead, she was very hostile to my family, whispering to another attendant that they should closely watch my family. Due to the stress, my son was very tired and could not easily get calmed down while seated. My wife and my mother-in-law were trying their best to calm down him and let him well sit and tied with the seatbelt. However, only after about 3 minutes, this attendant rudely came and yelled at my family. She demanded my family to leave the aircraft immediately. The total time from my family boarding to get kicked off from the airplane was only around 5 minutes, my wife even didn't have time to get the phone out from her purse to entertain my son. My family, including 2 year old child and two seniors (both >60 years old), had to pull their heavy luggage and leave the aircraft. The rude attendant even didn't tell them what to do next. My family had to walk a long way holding the 2 year baby to outside of the airport and re-checked in to purchase the next available flight tickets. To me, this cruel treatment from WestJet to the passenger is not about uncourteous, it is more about inhumanity. I cannot image this could happen in a civilized community. My wife later on told me that this attendant was very clearly racially discriminating against them from the beginning since my son was crying during boarding (we are Asian Americans, my parents don't know how to speak English). I called WestJet customer service immediately after receiving the call from my wife and also got very rude response (they are clearly protecting each other). I am very disappointed and frustrated with WestJet.

Ve
Sep 12, 2019

Comments

•   Sep 13, 2019

They chose to pick on your family because you’re Asian. While I don’t doubt that there is discrimination against Asians, an airline deals with all people and maybe you just got a prejudiced worker.

• Su
      Sep 13, 2019

@SubSquirrel Oh boy, heeeeere we go! Sub squirrel decides to poop on someone with a legit concern. She's gotta butt into everyone else crap because she thinks people actually like hearing what she says. Lol!

•   Sep 13, 2019

@SubmissiveTreeRodent If anyone posts on a public website forum that encourages debate, then they can expect comments. You’re just being a child because I didn’t sympathize with your pathetic complaints about taken chicken.

I didn’t poop on the complaint but rather explained why it might have happened.

But keep posting after my comments, especially since you posted that we sit here all day and comment. You still follow me and post yet make fun of people who post here, like yourself.

•   Sep 14, 2019

@SubSquirrel You need to come to Flushing, Queens. There is no racism against Asians. In fact, they spit on white people all the time.

•   Sep 14, 2019

They were probably just as fed up as you are.

You know they don't start getting paid until wheels are up, right???

I can t believe you think >60 means seniors. No. That means they are YOUNGER than 60 years old! It's your responsibility to occupy your child when going in a scheduled trip. Even if the trip ISN'T scheduled, it's still your responsibility to make sure your child is ok. If not, then drive or don't go in a trip.

Where the crap is the racism? Because the red velvet wasn't rolled out FOR YOU? Good God, buy your own plane!

•   Sep 14, 2019

So you are whining because you couldn't calm your kid down with an electronic device? And Asians laugh at the US for our apparent dependence on electronic devices? Such devices that they invented, manufacture and dangle in their faces?

GFU!