Westin Vacation ServicesBait and switch

R

I recently put a deposit down on an offer made by Westin Vacation Services to stay at their Avon, CO vacation property for an unbelievable price of $449 for 5 days and 4 nights. I placed 2 phone calls prior to placing a deposit to make sure that the offer was legit and there were no hidden extras. I was ensured by the rep that this was legit. My request for a written offer outside of the vague email sent to me was turned down. Upon my deposit, I received a written letter to make my reservation as soon as possible before my 1 year time period expires. I called today and the rep denied my request for a January 2011 reservation, telling me that it was too far ahead and I would have to call back at a later date (she wouldn't specify when). I pointed out to her that I had a letter which stated that I could make the reservation anytime up to 90 days before arrival. She again denied my request although it contradicted the letter and my verbal agreement at the time of deposit. 2 phone calls later, I was given the supervisor who offered to refund my deposit, which I gladly accepted. This is clearly a bait and switch tactic by Westin and borderline fraudulent as they failed to adhere to the written contract. Beware for anyone else who may run across this.