Westerra Credit UnionForced placed auto insurance

L

Westerra Credit Union has put forced-placed auto insurance, for an additional premium, on my car loan, even though I have car insurance since the origination of the loan an dit has not lapsed. I've been to my insurance company, Colling Insurance, THREE TIMES and they've sent Westerra copies of my Progressive auto insurance. They still won't drop the extra fee. I try calling today, and my calls are disconnected after the initial automated message. What recourse do I have?

• Ni
    nismo350 Oct 26, 2009

i am having the same problem right now what did you do about this

• Mi
    missmoney Dec 03, 2011

3 months after having forced insurance added to my credit union loan, I obtained my own insurance, showed proof. Still being charged. Cornerstone Credit Union claims I owe 6 months prior coverage as they covered it before charging me. Please advise. Thank you.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices