Western General Insurance CompanyScam and cheating

A

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

This extended warranty company is a scam. They do not tell you that there rental reimbursement is based on how many flag hours it takes to fix your vehicle, not by the day! They also do not provide you a list of covered parts, just an overview. Then they deny parts that a dealership may call one thing and the insurance calls it something else, but it's the same part!

Had I done my research before, I would never had paid $2300 for this so call extended warranty. Customer service blows you off when you try to cancel as well. There have been multiple complaints with the BBB and otr forums such as this.

Would never use them again and plan on writing their main offices - not that it will do much.

• Ke
    Ken Harrington Sep 16, 2008

I am sorry to read about your experience with Western General. We have been in Service Contract business for over 33 years and have one of the most respected names in the industry. We take pride in the fact that we have one of the finest Claims Departments. We have achieved this by properly paying all claims for covered repairs and taking care of our customers.

With this said, I am not sure of the actual particulars of your claim, but I would like to offer up a fresh review of the claim so we can make certain that you were afforded every benefit provided by the service contract. Please contact Ken Harrington in our Claims Department at 800.242.9442, extension 234 and provide some additional information and let us see what we can do.

jajejo Oct 23, 2009

I would like to post something postive about my experience with Western General .

I did contact Ken Harrington as was suggestion in his comments.
    I am happy to say he listen to my situtation and took time to review and accept my request for some flexiblity in their policies.

It was encourgaing to be treated as a person and not just a claim number as that sometines is the case.
    My claim was resolved happily in my favor and hopefully this comment will take some of the sting out of past complaints.
    marie stokes

• Ga
    Gables65 Jun 06, 2016

I cancelled an extended warranty within 48 hours of purchasing it. The dealer Thelen in Bay City, MI nor Western General will refund me the $2995 due back to me. Each of them keeps saying the refund has to come from the other one. Both of these companies need to be shut down.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices