Western General Insurance Company Logo

Western General Insurance Company

Having problems with Western General Insurance Company?

Western General Insurance Company reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 27, 2007. The latest review Car I insurance was posted on Mar 16, 2021. The latest complaint Extended Service Warranty was resolved on Nov 12, 2011. Western General Insurance Company has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 14 reviews. Western General Insurance Company has resolved 2 complaints.

Western General Insurance Company Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 758 3311 (Nationwide)
+1 800 525 2664 (Arizona)
+1 818 880 5433 (California)
P.O. Box 4493
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Western General Insurance Company Customer Service. Initial Western General Insurance Company complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Western General Insurance Company above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Western General Insurance Company. Discuss the issues you have had with Western General Insurance Company and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Western General Insurance Company Complaints & Reviews

Western General Insurance CompanyCar I insurance

I cancelled the policy after several months of them adding fees and changing the monthly amount on a six month policy. After the last month was paid they charged my visa card for another month without my permission. A fraud claim was opened with my bank. After the investigation my money was returned to me and a block was placed against western general from continually trying to charge my account for a policy that was terminated. The next thing they did was report it to the credit bureaus which was disputed in 2020 and was removed from my credit report as fraud. Now it is march 2021 and they have sold it to another collection company who is trying to collect the same charge they were found guilty of by the bank. Also they have added a person to the case who was never on the policy nor ever insured as a driver on the policy. I was the sole insured. Now how they have obtained his name is either from my phone number that he pays for or his current policy with another insurance company I am insured as a driver currently. Western general is a corrupt company who cheats you, tries to claim money on disputed charges they were found to be fraudulent and now calls and harrases you and even went as far as threatening me after it was explained the policy was cancelled, and they were found fraudulent charges after policy was terminated by a bank and credit report ing agency.

Western General Insurance Companyclaim adjuster behavior

Claim Adjuster of Western car Insurance was very abusive, he kept calling and leave voice mail, email, and mail to his customer although the customer already answer what the insurance required to provide the personal information because there was collision occurred. But the Western General Insurance provided claim adjuster who have been kept postponing the claim and suddenly come with new claim adjuster and asking another information from customer. This is an abusive company. The case of coverage has been going on for 6 months and there was no responsibility to repair the car, but instead kept asking information again and again. The claim adjuster was very abusive.

Western General Insurance Companyclaim - 10262

On April 21st, 2019, my car was hit (rear ended) by a WG policy holder who happens to be my neighbor. I contact the following day, which was a Monday. They submitted my claim, however they refused to move forward with having it inspected until they spoke with the policy holder and they would only first reach out to him by mail. So I asked my neighbor to contact them by phone so it would not prolong the process. After this, it took a week for them to get the appraiser to my car. The appt. was for 2PM and I took off of work early plus I live in a city 25 miles away from my house to meet him. He did not arrive until 3:30PM and refused to answer my calls while waiting for him. When he arrived he was taking pictures of the hood of my car, the sides of my vehicle, the roof of my car, even on the inside of my vehicle (did not understand this). He was literally only there for 5 mins. Once he completed the inspection he told me that he was finished. I was concerned because he never took pictures of the actual damages to the back of my vehicle. I asked him why he was taking photos of the roof of my car and he stated that my claim was for hail damage. I asked him to make sure that he had the right claim. His response is that he could take off the hail damage, as to submit a fraud claim. I told him to make sure he got the damage where I was hit. I waited 48 hours and contacted WG. They stated they had not received the inspection report and to wait another 48 hours. Two weeks later they still had not received the inspection report. They escalated my claim to dispatch and management because this had never happened before with the inspection report taking so long. Called on May 9th and was informed that it was finally received and they were solving my claim with $230. This amount is not enough to cover the light replacement and cover, let alone the damage to my bumper. I have been trying to appeal and now no one will call me back. Everyone is always so constantly rude who works there. They are always so quick to get you off the phone when you have waited 30 minutes to speak with them. I would like to appeal my claim and have a new inspector come out and inspect my vehicle who knows why they are there. There is no way they got the correct and accurate pictures when the inspector did not know what he was looking for to begin with.

Western General Insurance Company — claims

I'm a disabled woman. At the end of May of 2018 my finance company added western general to my account. On...

Western General Insurance Company — comprehensive extended warranty

Doesn't really covers anything! 3/1/17 Took my car in to fix the sliding door that was closing and opening on...

Western General — Extended Warranty - Trickery used in the wording of the service

A week ago I took my truck in to an Autonation Ford dealership to get an oil change and because I noticed...

Western General Insurance Company — won't fix my car / unprofessional

One of their clients made a right hand turn into my left lane and smashed into my right front passenger...

Western General Insurance Company — Extended Service Warranty

Do not ever buy an extended automobile warranty for a used vehicle from this company. All of their agreement...

Western General Insurance Company — they won't refund my 114.30

My policy ended with Western General on 10/14/08 however on 10/15/08 114.30 was drafted from my bank account...

Western General Insurance Company — Scam and cheating

SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! This extended warranty company is a scam. They do not tell you that there rental...

Western General — Fraud and scam

I bought a Western General Warranty on a 2001 BMW 525i. Warranty is good for 3 years or 36 months, whichever...

Western General — Failer to Cover Warrantied Work

My daughter purchased a GMC Yukon and was sold a service agreement by Western General. However, though it wa...

Coarsegold

Western GeneralUnreal denial!

I purchased a 2002 BMW 330xi two weeks ago from APPLE BMW of York. I also purchased the Western General extended warranty for 2.2k. The materials had a picture of a car and examples of prices for things covered under the warranty. One of the items was a fuel pump with the example price of $450. (Important later). So, I took my car into the dealership for service because something was wrong with the fuel gauge. I received a call from the dealership that the fuel sending units were bad and needed replaced. So, they called Western General to get approval. I get a call from the dealership that they denied the claim because that 'part' was not covered. Yet, this 'part' is in the fuel pump, and in order to fix this part, the fuel pump needs replaced. I called Western General myself to see if i could get someone to explain this. I had Jerry on the phone from Western General. He was so uninformative and unhelpful that it took everything in me to not hang up the phone. He explained that because that 'part' was not listed on the contract, that they do not have to pay for it. Anyone with some basic awareness would know that almost everything has 'parts' to it. That by adding the 'parts', you get a whole. If a fuel pump is covered, and any one of the parts of the fuel pump goes, Western General says too bad for you, its not covered. Jerry repeated this to me, "fuel pumps are covered, the parts are not." So i am stuck with this worthless 2k Warranty that covers nothing from Western General. Please take my advice, and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING RELATED TO WESTERN GENERAL. DO NOT MAKE THE 2k MISTAKE I MADE. DO NOT BUY WESTERN GENERAL EXTENDED WARRANTY.

• Ml
            mlong87876 May 06, 2010

The very same thing has happened to me. I purchased a 2006 BMW 750Li in September 2006 and I took my car to the dealer because my fuel gauge was not working properly. I too purchased a contract. but mine was $3, 195. The Manager in California, Mr. Hennington told me the exact same thing. I guess they are programmed to say this. My left and right sending units need replacing and I agree it should be covered. The brochure that I was given from the dealer indicates this is a covered part, but the contract does not. I feel Western General is conducting fradulent business practices and need to be stopped.

• Ro
            roy Jul 23, 2008

I agree to some extent with your frustration. However most service contracts as with any insurance contracts have exceptions. Depending on the reading of your contract it should have an area called "what is not covered" or what is specifically covered and have a detailed explanation. Regrettably, your service provider is probably in the right. While the componet that failed is part of the fuel pump, its function doesnt directly relate to the fuel pumps function. For example, it sounds like the level sensor on the fuel pump, which relates directly to your fuel gauge reading the amount of fuel may have failed, while the actual fuel pump (delivery fuel) may still be fine. The level sensor itself may not be covered, regardless of the fact that it isnt serviced seperatly on your vehicle. Keep in mind not all vehicles are designed the same. Hope that helps a little.

Western General — Extended warranty scam!

This nov 07 i took my car to the local mercedes benz dealership were it was purchased new and were the...