The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Western General — Extended warranty scam!
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
This nov 07 i took my car to the local mercedes benz dealership were it was purchased new and were the western general extended warranty was purchased just before the factory warranty ran out. I purchased the warranty in march 07 and this was the first chance i have had to use. The car was found to need both thrust arm bushings (Control arm bushings) replaced. Western general denied the claim because thrust arm bushings, as mercedes benz refers to their control arm bushings, is not listed on their covered items.
Though control arm bushings are covered under western general coverage, but because mercedes refers to these as thrust arms, and the term thrust arm is not mentioned in the covered item section, they will not cover it. Now, since the control arm on my mercedes is referred to as the thrust arm and not control arm, i was told by western general that basically none of the control arms on my car will ever be covered because they are referred to as thrust arms by mercedes benz.
What a lovely bit of western general word trickery to get out of having to pay for this repair. What a despicable practice. Absolutely shameful! And this is the only warranty mercedes benz sells. Shameful, shameful. I am planning on canceling what is left of this warranty and using the money to pay for the repair.
My advice ** same as the persons before me**do not buy extended warranties through western general, they are a nightmare company that will never give an honest straight answer.
See you on youtube wg!
More Western General Complaints & Reviews
- Western General - Failer to Cover Warrantied Work
- Western General - Unreal denial!
- Western General Insurance Company - they won't refund my 114.30
- Western General Insurance Company - Scam and cheating
- Western General Insurance Company - Extended Service Warranty
- Western General Insurance Company - claim - 10262
- Western General Insurance Company - claim adjuster behavior
- Western General Insurance Company - comprehensive extended warranty
- Western General Insurance Company - claims
- Western General Insurance Company - won't fix my car / unprofessional