Wendy Krispin Caterer, Inc.Caterer- Dallas

Wendy Krispin is the worst caterer! She was the first caterer we did a tasting with for our wedding and was on the preferred list of our venue. She was late to the tasting and completely unorganized and unknowledgeable about our project. She seemed very untrustworthy and sly when we first met her; she promised us all kinds of crazy things (that were her idea). I could tell that she was just telling us things she thought we wanted to hear. She was very scatterbrained and very difficult to work with, but the food her chef made was good so we decided to hire her anyways. We booked her 11 months before our party too so we were very on top of things.

We decided to do a second tasting since the original tasting were just some things they normally make and my husband and I had asked for a few different items. Wendy suggested some alternative options and the second tasting was scheduled 2 months out. When I emailed her the day of the tasting to confirm the appointment (since I hadn't heard from her) she said she didn't have anything on the books and needed to reschedule...another month out. So we went to the second tasting and she was an hour late. Her chef, a different one than before, helped us with our tasting until she showed up. He was very helpful and a good cook, but once she walked in the "wheeling and dealing" started. We had a few out of the ordinary requests like dinner size plates be set out at the dessert buffet so people would be encouraged to take a sampling of things; just little stuff like that and she agreed to all of it and acted like it was no big deal. She even made suggestions to our requests to make sure we had thought of all the options. I asked her then how much of each appetizer and dessert she was going to make and she gave me numbers verbally. I had a bad feeling in my gut the whole time she was talking that she was not being truthful about her intentions...but I paid the 50% deposit ($3, 600) anyways.

Now, here we are 3 weeks before my party and up until last week has failed to put specifics on our contract. All the little things we had requested like plate size and wanting to know the quantity (at least ball park) of each food item she was making, she would never put on the contract. It read like she was making one of each thing! So finally when we were supposed to have our final walk through at the venue, my planner called her to ask her to get the contract finalized she said, "she was not a detail person and was unable to put down how much of the food she was making. She would decide the day of what she was doing and how much of each thing!" She said that requesting bigger plates at the dessert table was ridiculous and she was NOT going to do that. Basically she spouted off every silly little request like it was the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard and was unwilling to do any of it. If this was true, which I don't believe it was, why couldn't she just tell me before I hired her? And if a caterer can't tell you how much $7, 000 worth of food is on the contract, how the heck can you hire them??

Needless to say, she said she wanted out of the project and I had to agree because how could I work with her then? So now we have less than a month to find a new caterer. Oh, and she said she would send our deposit back the day she quit and we emailed her today and she said she put it in the mail today...a week late! She is dishonest and manipulative. Other caterers I have met with this week have told me they have heard similar stories from other clients so apparently this is a trend of hers. Stay aways from Wendy Krispin!!!