WELE 1380 Premier Travel ShowGone Out of Business - No travel packages received!

S

Travel company has shut down unexpectedly! Lost my membership fee, plus cost to purchase several travel packages. Sent my money in to redeem a certificate on 10/22/08 for a travel package. Money Order was requested and now I'm out on the $200 I sent in. Call: [protected] and listen to the message on how they have gone out of business. (not the radio station, but Premier Travel) Aren't they owned by the same person?

• Sh
    Shirley Oct 30, 2008

Yes, the radio station and the premier travel show is owned by the same person.
    They ripped me off too and after 4 months, I finally got my money back and it wasn't easy. I contacted the Better Business Bureau, Seniors vs Crime, Consumer Services and anyone I could think of. You might also want to contact Channel 9, they did a story on the crooks.

• Mo
    momofthreeboys2003 Oct 31, 2008

Here is a link to that article...all I can say is it's about time...and it's absolutely PATHETIC Doug Wilhite is blaming his company's demise on the newspaper...it's about time he took ownership of what he did...he is so quick to talk about religion but so unwilling to accept responsibility for what his company has done...rip people off! He gets everything he deserves!! Maybe Karma actually does work??

www.myhometownnews.net/index.php?id=50836

• Da
    Dan Fox Nov 29, 2008

Under Florida Statutes ss. 559.9356 (Civil Penalties; remedies.-) The Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services can seek civil penalties of up to $5000 for each violation of sellers of travel laws and can bring court action for restitution for any purchaser of travel services aggrieved or injured by a seller of travel. Wilhite has been illegally collecting "redemption" fees for over a year. It adds up to a ton of money. Call the Dept and ask that they file a lawsuit on behalf of ALL of those that Wilhite took redemption fees from.

• Mi
    Mike Jan 10, 2009

We were "duped" by them as well. If you have any information on getting a refund we would like to know. We are out $158.50 and just want our money back. We too thought it was legit, but found out it was not. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.