WebsiteqFraud and scam

I have a small business that makes vinyl signs and decals. In August of 2007 we entered a in a contract with Websiteq to build us a website for the business. It is now almost seven months later and nothing has been done. I have asked for my money back a few times only to be ignored. We have been given the runaround by this business for some time and have filed reports with the BBB and NJ Consumer Affairs.If you look them up on the internet you will see that they have riped off plenty of other people. I was stupid to not look them up first, but used them thinking that because they were a NJ Company and fairly local they would bee OK. I was wrong. My company was just starting out and was to rely a website for the major part of the business.We were on a shoestring buget an now donot have the cash to go to another company for a website.

• Valerie Dec 17, 2007

This is basically the same as the other three complaint reports that were put on this site on this company. Websiteq takes your money and do not deliver anything. We needed a site for our very small business and were on a very tight budget. They assured us that they could build the site we wanted. Its almost six months since we payed them and there has been nothing done.I feel this is out and out stealing. We needed a site as a big part of our business and as the result of Websiteq we a probably going to go out of business. We are most likely going to have to take them to court.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Andrew T. Reilley III Jan 01, 2008

The challenge with the web development industry is there is no association to "disbar" unethical providers. Many of them operate almost anonymously and from many different "virtual offices".

As a seasoned technology executive, bucking the industry SOP of avoiding any overhead, I founded a real, bricks and mortar web services company called United WebWorks, Inc. (unitedwebworks.com) We have hundreds and hundred of satisfied clients and googling us will not result in 5 complaints on page one as it does for these folks. In fact, you will not find one on any page. We are listed in the yellow pages, in our domain reg information, we are trustworthy and accountable for all we do. It would be my pleasure to serve anyone who wants a very affordable, one of a kind gorgeous, website for their small business. We understand your needs and challenges because we are a small business too.