website businessUNPAID EMPLOYEES

R

Website Business finally cleared out and closed house (ran and hid like cowards) on 8/29/2011. However most smart employees left the week of 8/15 when they found their payroll checks were bouncing/or not cashing at all. However, some optimistic employees stayed, thinking things would turn around, only to find the doors locked on them, and the entire building cleaned out on 8/29/2011. Kyle Winn, the owner has showed no remorse or sympathy to those loyal employees who stuck it out, nor has shown any care for their free time they worked. Not to mention, completely disregarding the clients who cannot reach the company because they no longer reside at their former place of business. The biggest victims in this sad story are the clients who are left without any fulfillment for the services they have paid for.

This downward spiral was started months and months ago, when employees were granted a glimpse in to the dooming of the company, when they witnessed the company's newly appointed CEO walk out right before the employees found out they were not getting paid that week. They were then told they would now be getting paid on Tuesday's rather than Fridays. Things were kept afloat for a few weeks however, as the company was forced to give refunds to any and all clients that requested (at the fear of receiving so many charge-backs that the company would lose their merchant account). Another key point in the company's downfall can be seen here: http://www.azfamily.com/news/consumer/Valley-senior-settles-complaint-against-Website-Business-125183649.html
In a AZ3TV news report showcasing one of the company's VIP clients and how she was taken for a unbelievable rip off ride. This actually cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars, it didn't even have. This was another turning point in the company's fate.

Employees began to feel they were culprits for even working there themselves, so some left then. Most others departed when they realized their accounts had been charged NSF fee's for their payroll checks bouncing. Who is planning on paying those fees? SO what are these employees to do? Most of them with families and lives of their own? One employee tried explaining to Kyle Winn (The coveted owner) directly that his paycheck had bounced and he would soon be evicted from his home, only to get an astounding response stating, "The longer I talk to you about it, the longer it's going to take me to find a solution". You get that solution yet Kyle?

The only person to be held accountable and responsible (Which is a word that cannot even be used in the same sentence as the name Kyle Winn), is indeed Kyle Winn. This sly, lying, sneeky, deceitful, strip club-goer should probably legally change his name this time, not just the company (ie. iGoMogul, Website Business, and whatever other names are to come for the future). This time it's gone too far, allowing tens of thousands clients to be without guidance and not having any consequences for his actions. However, almost all former employees are either taking legal actions for thier weeks of unpaid wages, contacting the labor board, or the police directly.

This F rated BBB company should run and hide, they are going to need all the cowardly, sly minutes they can until Kyle Winn is fatefully and undeniably going to jail for FRAUD. Knowingly writing bad checks to his employees as well as his clients.

• Es
    EStone33 Jan 29, 2016

Kyle Winn is back at it again... This time selling Gold and Silver. The place is called Gold Gate Capital near L.A.

• Du
    [email protected] Oct 30, 2011

Does n e 1 know how to get ahlod of Maurice?

• Mi
    miscelleousworld Oct 20, 2011

I had two sites cookiecooksite and miscellaneousworld I would love to be able to get my sites back and be able to have the content that was posted. I broke my shoulder on August 30th and didn't know anything about this for almost a month because I could type therefore I didn't visited my sites or atomword. I tried to get in touch with wsb on the phone but now I know why they didn't answer. I am so sorry for all of the employees. I got to know quite a few of you and really appreciated all the help you provided. I lost money on miscellaneousworld. I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to making money this I did for my cookiecooksite I made over a $1, 000.00 then invested over 5, 000 in miscellaeousworld. I put in a lot of hours to make my site pay and would like to have them back how can I get the numbers I need to have the sites put in my name. Please, if anyone knows let me know.

• Re
    REVENGEisCOLD Oct 19, 2011

Sure can... Green eyes average height...sandy brown hair usually covered up by a straight bill ball cap. Wanna be gangstar... Drives a cadillac escalade pearl white... Coke head...Dines at places like Capital Grill...hear he used to travel out with two black bodyguards...Which im sure hes upped his security measures by now. If you know his whereabouts please contact me... On here I dont want to leave my personal email for now but I would love to hear he has been found by someone not close yet to him but he is an idiot who prob thinks anyone wouldnt know what hes put people through when he acts like such a baller...

• Ze
    ZeroJustice Oct 17, 2011

Can any one of you give me a physical description of this Kyle Winn? I'm trying to find out information about a Kyle Winn; but I don't know if this is the same Kyle Winn. Thank you in advance if you can help me with this.

• Ac
    A Cooper Sep 15, 2011

I checked Whois.com and my domain is registered under my name with GoDaddy. I cannot login to my account or AtomWord.com. Should all of us who want to continue our websites online get a hosting company? Am I correct in saying since we cannot access our admins on WebsiteBusiness.com or AtomWord.com, we would have to rebuild our websites. I have another website created on WordPress, and that's what I'll probably do unless there's an easier way.

• Ac
    A Cooper Sep 14, 2011

WebsiteBusiness.com charged me a total of $3, 508.00 in July 2010 to design my business blog. In talking to other customers now that the business is gone, I found out that most of them didn't pay anywhere near what I paid for the site set up, fancy template and bloggers to promote the site. I was a newbie at the time and I didn't question the price that was quoted. Imagine believing I could make money from an Amazon store and some Google ads. Did anybody at Amazon.com ever discuss making a list and attracting traffic? I spoke to a customer who earned $4, 000.00 from Postzilla and Writezilla, and now realize I should have complained to my account manager when I was told there were no Postzilla or Writezilla jobs available. I'm currently looking into setting up the site on WordPress myself and am wondering if there's an easier way to do it. The reason I was willing to pay WebsiteBusiness.com so much money was that it would save me a lot of time in setting up the site myself and I liked AtomWord before its unfortunate revamping which must have contributed to the company's downfall.

This is my second bad experience with a website company. My first one was last Christmas with Genesis Consulting and my gardening site. I was positive that they were tampering with the ID numbers in the HTML codes of my affiliate banners and changing them to their own ID numbers in order to have sales commissions credited to their Commission Junction, LinkShare and Share ASale accounts. How did I know they were defrauding me? On a few Sundays my site was down for hours, probably while their programming genius was fooling around with the HTML codes in my admin. I will never have anything to do with these website building companies again. You absolutely cannot trust them.

How could you people work for such con artists? Can any of you advise what's the best way to move our sites to another we host. Should I build a WordPress site and reload all my blog posts and do new web pages. Or is there any easier way to do it. I don't want to pay a company to set up the WordPress site for me, as I have another WordPress site I created.

• Do
    dogzday Sep 13, 2011

hello there ...website business took $3250.00 rom me and promissed to set up a webite for me where i will be making some money...now I cannot reach them by phone. Can any body help...any suggestions

• Th
    TheWordsmith Sep 11, 2011

I worked at WSB in the editing department, and I am sorry to say that it looks like the company's clients have no one to contact for assistance. The building has been cleared out. There's no one around to answer any of the phones. There were account managers, but there won't be any left now. The only person who is around to answer for WSB is Kyle Winn, who lied to all of us and probably to himself too.

Best of luck, todayscarbonfootprints. I worked briefly on your site and can say that you had a great start going.

Like all of the other employees, the company owes me money (that of course I need since I was drastically underpaid), but I am counting it as a loss. The stress of working for WSB has slowly been dissipating from my life, and it seems to me that all of the employees are going to be better off without that place.

todayscarbonfootprints Sep 03, 2011

Forgive the weird text in my posts. I don't know why I my quotations and parenthesis are turning into coded text.

todayscarbonfootprints Sep 03, 2011

The tough part is... all the phone numbers that I was given are coming up with busy signals and I have not received one reply to my emails and customer support for the last two weeks. More so in the last 4 days. I can't even log into my WSB account to open a support ticket or even access my production notes. The other bad side to this (beyond the employees not getting paid) is I paid for all the development of my 'community' site. I was also told that I would be earning about $3000 to $7000 per month once the community site was up and running from the advertising and memberships. What A fool I am. Good thing I have all my contracts. So far the only contract that has been delivered was the first version of the site that cost the initial $500. I have been publishing material to it for the last three months. Even got my first mock-up of my community site just prior to August and I have been waiting for the final site to go live. I guess it will not be. Even the other two companies that KYLE WINN owned have both come up with busy signal. One of them was canceled: ironically it was called 'Cancel Wizard'. Check out the BBB review - http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/work-at-home-companies/website-business-in-phoenix-az-97011414/ Why did I not read this first?

What is the story on the new version of AtomWord? That had to have some serious development into it? I can still log into AtomWord but everything else from Website Business is a dead stick. It recognizes when I use a bad password, telling me 'bad login'. but when I use the correct one it constantly refreshes the login window and tells me to log in. I have been dialing the number now for four days just to complete my feeling that the phone is off the hook inside a big empty warehouse. I have already contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. Tough part is... I want to keep my domain name... I paid for it. I just want it on another server so I can move on from here. Even on my site it says ' Copyright 2011 Todays Carbon Footprints all rights reserved'. I want the Website Business logo at the bottom off as well... And yes... I want to see KYLE WINN in jail. He is already familiar with it - Here is his inmate information - http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/results_Minh.aspx?InmateNumber=190625&LastName=WINN&FNMI=K&SearchType=SearchInet

P.S. Is there anyone out there that knows who the Account Manager for my account of "Todays Carbon Footprints"? Or was I actually talking to KYLE WINN? Can anyone tell me that? I would post his name but I don't want to put him in a bad spot. I do have to give the Attorney General his name, however, because he was one of two people I had been in contact with throughout the process. Every time I think of the conversations I can picture KYLE WINN's mug shot from his jail time. - Was I actually speaking to him? Someone please let me know if you actually had account managers.

• Re
    REVENGEisCOLD Sep 02, 2011

I am overwhelmingly happy to see that this complaints board is heating up google searches for Kyle Winn as well as Website Business. Please all clients and ex-employees post this on your Facebook pages as well as your blogs (those of you who can still access). There are still hundreds, even thousands of clients out there who are oblivious to this situation. They completely have no idea what is going on, and will not until their website's inevitably get taken down due to non-payment (On WSB's part). These clients need to know what is going on so they can plan ahead.

I assure you that Client Support was being lied to as well. We were aware the company was having some financial issues but only told clients what we were told to be believed as the truth. our main and only concern was and still is the sadness we feel for all of you who invested your money and will receive nothing in return. On behalf of all employees we apologize, there are no words to describe our anguish and pain we feel for you as well as ourselves. Again we have taken our legal actions and encourage any and all clients of WSB to do the same. Its illegal to take your money with a signed contract for what you are paying for and never deliver. That is the point of a contract. WSB is contractually obligated. Contact the AZ Districts attorney here: [protected].

todayscarbonfootprints Sep 02, 2011

PP.SS. Forgive me for not saying this first... Who ever put in the efforts in for the site I do have, was doing a great job with it. I was really encouraged toward the end that It was going to be a great site. Sorry for everything that you all went through. If you would like to assist in my effort in making sure Kyle either sees jail time or whatever the time for his crime... please respond to this post.

todayscarbonfootprints Sep 02, 2011

P.S. to my above post. If the office is completely cleared out... Is there any reason why the server is still running Atomword? Apparently I can still post on my site and edit my content. Not the community site I payed for but how can I get my domain name off the server so I can rebuild some where else?

todayscarbonfootprints Sep 02, 2011

To anyone who has posted. I was a blind customer. I have been attempting to contact my account manager and I have been unable to log into my accounts. Well... I guess I know now. I am currently going to file with the attorney generals office due to the fact that I have invested in something that (obviously) will not happen. Given the fact that Kyle Winn has a prison record speaks volumes as to where my money went it is rather disheartening to know that what I was doing with the idea was one of the biggest investments my company has ever undertaken.

It is almost ironic I was only 2 weeks or so to having my site completed I find this out. Now all I have is a static page which is NOT the community site I paid for. From what I read above... You are all employees and I don't like hearing the stories your are telling about your own situations. I am attempting to resolve this but from everything else I am reading... I would be just as satisfied if Kyle went back to jail. If anyone has an info on this please contact me. I am going to file a full suit which is well beyond grand theft, internet fraud and anything the FTC can do for me. I am not a vengeful person... but I look at my 5 year old, whom I take care of on my own, and constantly apologize to her for blowing her financial security on a company that I should have done some research on.

Hope all of you above, that were the victims, find some reputable source of employment. At the very least... I want the .com name of my site and the "website business" logo off my site as well. Getting my money back would obviously be a plus if it hasn't been wasted on the powder.

P.S. Does anyone know what he was in jail for?

Marigôt Aug 30, 2011

I can't say I care whether Kyle Winn goes to strip clubs or not, but that man lied to my face so many times that I actually considered punching his (and I'm an overweight pacifist). There was no communication at all re: the missing funds, and when asked directly, we were always told to wait just one more day to be able to cash our checks. Even worse than that, Kyle refused to take any responsibility for the company's situation, claiming repeatedly that it "wasn't his fault" and that his employees are "always tooken [sic] care of."

This was my first real job, and I hope somewhere down in his alcohol-lined, fratboy soul, Kyle understands the heartbreak and humiliation involved in realizing that what you thought was the beginning of your adult life was actually just a long con. At least I had a supportive family to fall back on; other employees weren't so lucky. Kyle Winn needs to be held accountable.

• Ju
    JustLish Aug 30, 2011

I worked for WebsiteBusiness in Client Support. I was no longer an employee there a couple of weeks ago and was expected to pick up my last check 08/30/2011. I found out today that websitebusiness.com closed their doors completely. There has been an issue over the past month being able to cash our paychecks and we were even asked to hold on to our paychecks, knowing they wouldnt be honored at the bank. A couple of times I was given a check, went to the bank, and was denied the ability to cash my payroll check. This happened to many employees and we were forced to wander throughout the valley to find a place that would cash our checks. Without doing so, a lot of us would be out of a home, not be able to support our families and get behind on our bills. Thankfully I was able to find another job, but not without enduring the suffering caused by websitebusinesss failed attempt at providing earned paychecks by the employees. Now I do not have my last check and may lose my car, have the electricity turned off, or even evicted from my home. All a big thanks from Kyle Winn for being a faithful employee. Im hoping to bounce back from this quickly, but I will not be able to escape the late fees or constant threats to turn off my utilities.

• Th
    thanksfornothing1234 Aug 30, 2011

Same here, I have been with this company for YEARS. I've seen it hit its low points a few times and bounce back, but stayed loyal and stuck with them. As I did with in this situation. After my last pay check bounced I received a replacement on which I made Kyle Winn look me in the eye and promise me it was going to go through. It was no good, and I haven't been able to get a hold of Kyle since. Many of my friends are a month behind on paychecks, not to mention bills and rent, and other employees have been blamed for the companies downfall and even threatened.

I am ashamed to put this company on my resume, I am pissed at myself for sticking with this company, and I am exhausted at the thought of the amount of wasted energy I have put into this company. Many of the employees have had issue with the ethics of Websitebusiness.com this last year and a half, and have made attempts to correct it.

• Fa
    FanOfJackieChan Aug 30, 2011

I'm behind almost a month's worth of payments, hoping Kyle would keep his word, week after week. To no avail, the ### closed the office on his hardworking team of internet gurus. Just another example of how ###ed up things get when you prioritize money before customer satisfaction... way to go, Kyle! Powdering your nose every hour and hosing your employees with lies is asking for a whole bunch of instant karma. Enjoy the rest of your miserable life, ###. I look forward to your idiotic presence handing all your ex-employees the money they earned, no thanks to your dumb ###. You'd think he would be smart enough to realize that he's dealing with web developers, many of whom are fully capable of dominating the internet and it's websites one way or another... does he really think we're socially incapable of revenge? Time to take the power back, no more lies, Kyle. Enjoy.

• Up
    upsetformeremployee Aug 30, 2011

I am a former employee and I completely agree with this statement. I was one of the few who believed that maybe things could turn around. I worked dispite knowing my checks would more than likely not clear. I almost lost my home and my family due to my loyality to this horrible company. It was only after I had finally had enough and left that I had realized what a crook Kyle Winn was. He currently owes me just under $1, 000 and I am seeking legal help. I was told several time that even though checks were being handed out they would not clear and was asked to hold my check and not cash it for several days after it was given to me. Kyle Winn has no concern for the people that stood by his side to help WebsiteBusiness become successful. I hope to see Kyle Winn behind bars for the hundreds and thousands of employees and clients he has hurt!! Kyle Winn you should be ashamed of yourself!

• Di
    DisgustedByItAll Aug 30, 2011

What is more sad than an entire company going out of business?In this case both clients and employees are suffering. When most companies go out of business their employees suffer greatly. However in most cases, real corporations have means to help their employees. The employee normally receive their last checks and unemployment benefits, sometimes even severance packages.

Not at Webstebusiness.com, also known as A & W Distributing. The employees of this company will be lucky to receive any compensation for their time and efforts only after legal action is taken. The week prior to the doors being shut, the loyal yet (sorry to be mean guys) but stupid employees of Websitebusiness who remained were sold a dream by owner Kyle Winn, also known as Kyle Collins, to those who he did not wish to divulge his real name. This dream is the same one that was preached to clients of Websitebusiness. A dream of success, and dream of getting paid for hard work and loyalty, which in turn was just a dream of bad business decisions and lies.

For those of you who have had any experience with Websitebusiness, you are well aware that lying is the main skill required for employment. Even the most honest person is forced to lie to keep the company's head above water. For days, customers calling in could not reach anyone, and most panicked when they thought of the thousands of dollars invested that would be lost. The last days of Websitebusiness consisted of clients being reassured that the company had not gone under, but was suffering from power failure in the building.

There are hundreds of clients, with thousands of dollars invested into this borderline scam. Customers who like the employees, could walk away from this situation, losing their homes or not being able to feed their families. The dream we were sold, were false statements, designed to line the pockets of the story tellers.

I thank you Websitebusiness.com for one major accomplishment. You gave us all the knowledge to successfully blog and have our voices heard over the internet. Sadly, I fear that will be your downfall.

• Yo
    YouAintSeenTheLastOfMe Aug 29, 2011

I have worked for WebsiteBusiness.com for many years and its sad that the company fell into Kyle Winn's hands. He is extremely unprofessional and degrading. Kyle Winn has continuously lied to all the employees from week to week to keep that extra dollar in his pocket! He is a true living symbol of a con artist at its BEST! So many employees stuck around trying to keep WebsiteBusiness afloat while we where not being paid. This man is #1 to Blame for the downfall of the company and the employees are truly hurt and used by Kyle Winn.

On behalf of the Employee's to the clients,
    We are truly sorry that you all are placed into a situation such as this because of this scammer named Kyle. We did our thriving best to see that the company would stay on its feet through all of this because we believed in this product. We hung in there till the end when we knew we should have not because deep down we all knew we would never see our Paychecks. Week after week of bounced and fraudulent checks, some of us had not choice but to leave WebsiteBusiness. Sadly, some of us are 3 weeks behind on checks and still continued to work for this con artist. We wish nothing but the best for our clients we worked with everyday. We will miss you all and want you all to know the real reason why WebsiteBusiness closed its doors and jumped ship. There's only one person to blame here: KYLE WINN.

• Al
    AllFiredUp Aug 29, 2011

It is absolutely disgusting what has happened. I too, was an employee with websitebusiness. I happened to be one of the ones who walked out weeks ago.

It makes me sick that all the employees who did stick around after things started to look ugly months ago were never appreciated, and certainly never respected with even an ounce of truth! And then there were the employees who stuck around, even after the rest of the company walked out not so long ago! We were what kept the company from falling apart, day by day. It was a long and tough road, but we still remained. And now this? Absolutely ludicrous!

And our poor clients... I can't even think of any words to describe how sorry I am for everyone who has been a part of this business, whether it was for years or they had just signed up last week. It is just disturbing.

I hope more people follow our lead and take action. Whether it just be to get what you are owed, or to go through with lawsuits or what have you against the pitiful Kyle Winn for his behavior and lack of tact. He is a horrible business man (if he could even be called that) and a disgusting excuse for a human being! Grow some cojones, Kyle, and take the blame! You know this could have all been prevented!

• Yo
    YouAintSeenTheLastOfMe Aug 29, 2011

I have not been paid in 2 weeks! And when we ask about out bounced checks and when we will get paid...Kyle Winn bribed us to come back into work and he will pay us if we came back. Then he said he will "take care of it"... I have yet to see my pay and I never will.