We Buy Any Car Springfield PABait and Switch

My recent experience at the Springfield, PA office (Route 420, Woodland Avenue, Morton, PA) left me feeling like I’d been sucker-punched in the gut. Classic bait-and-switch, flim-flam tactics. My 82-year-old mother passed away in October and I was left to dispose of her 2011 Chevy Cruze that she was still making payments on. On January 30th, I took the car to the Springfield location. After inspecting and test driving it, I was verbally quoted a figure of $9200.00, well under blue book for this make and model in very good condition with less than 14, 000 miles. Troy, did not provide anything in writing and now I see why.
I walked away from that “deal”, but was contacted on February 13th by another Mr. Yelson who said that the market had changed and he could now offer $9735.00 for the car! This was still less than what I had hoped to get for the car, but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush so they say. I called them back on February 17th to agree to the increased offer and make an appointment. I spoke with Troy again who confirmed that his final offer would be $9486.00 ($9735 minus $249.00 standard document fee) pending any changes in mileage. (The car was still well under 14, 000 miles.) I went to their offie after work on February 20 to complete the deal.
Long story short, when Troy handed my debit card back to me, I asked him how much he debited my account. Based on the figures stated above and the amount still owed on the car, I knew the amount that should have been debited. I learned that Troy was completing the deal based on a figure of $9211.00; NOT $9735.00. (It’s a good think I asked!) When I became upset, he offered to cancel the deal but said he could no longer offer $9735.00. Apparently, the market had changed again (he said, pointing to his computer screen).
Bottom Line to your customers if they MUST do business here, be sure they know how much money is being debited from their account BEFORE handing over their card and please instruct them to insist on getting everything in writing.