WC ESSENTIALS FOR HOME & WC HOMEPLAY-VDIDN'T SIGN UP OR BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM

D

I have been finding charges WC-HOME PLAY-V and WC-ESSENTIALS FOR HOME for about 5 months on my bank statements and didn't sign up for either of them. I don't have a member # and they say that I have to give them one in order to cancel them. The next step is to talk to the bank and see if I can stop them there from taking the money out.

• Gl
    Glenn Wallin Feb 22, 2008

Charges to this company have appeared on monthly statment since September 2007. Called toll free number, however person couldn't tell me about this company, but did submitt cancellation for future payments. I don't know how this started but will continue to investigate.

• As
    Ashley Mar 07, 2008

My roommate has the same problem .... Apparently you don't call them. Its a scam company and they won't stop billing you. They will say you have multiple accounts. Call your bank and tell them its not authorized and then cancel your card and get a new one.

Jon Mar 12, 2008

This has been happening to me for a couple of months now. I didn't notice until today.... I noticed one today when I was looking at my online transaction statements so I went back and checked my previous monthly statements and I found I'd been charged several times. Another one is AMA*HEALTH OPTIONS . I just cancelled my card and I'm disputing the charges with my bank.

• Le
    Leslie Mar 16, 2008

I just checked my statement and i noticed some unauthorized charges which looks strange to me. It was a two transaction as WC Value Plus-V and WC Homeplay-V. None of these have been done by me. How did they get a hold of my Card and charge it to it. Anyway will contact my bank and investigate more to this.

• Sh
    shazia shaikh Mar 17, 2008

I recieved a call from the fraud alert department for my credit card and they informed me that i had been getting charged for something calls "essentials for home" I know for a fact that i have not signed up for somthing like this. I rarely use my card online. This definetly looks like a scam and these people have charged me numerous times on my card for each month.. i dont quite understand how they got all this information. So i told my card services about desputing these charges looked back into my statements and was charged for about 3 months still dont know if that money will be credited back to me but i should find a way to take some legal actions.

Ross Lowry Apr 04, 2008

I also had seen these unauthorized charges on my credit card from WC-HOME PLAY-V and WC-ESSENTIALS FOR HOME.
    When calling them to find out how this information was obtained there was zero cooperation.
    I called the Kansas Bureau of Investigation and they sent me to the Consumer Protection Agency, surely they will be able to get the infomation concerning this matter!
    I am urging people to pursue this to the furthest of they're ability.
    There should be a law against these scams!

Cat Apr 11, 2008

I just called the 800# that appearred on my bank statement. Apparently, it is NOT something you sign up for, when you purchase something that you either saw on television or in a magazine the affliate company sends your information to them. They claim that they are a company which claims to give you discount membership, but they do not tell you what for. I called the number and talked to the representative; I basically told them that if they were going to charge my account for coupons/discount that I would like to see the coupons/discounts in my possession. Basically telling them that I paid for something, now I would like physical proof of that service's existence or a refund. The representative quickly offered a refund. I guess they really don't have anything to offer.

The number I called to cancel was 1-800-566-8640

Hope that helps!!

• Mi
    Michelle Apr 25, 2008

I recently had the same exact thing happen to me as well. I just noticed the charges and I check my statements frequently. AMA QR Health Benifits 866-915-1190 is the number to call if they have charged your account. AMA Homeplay is the other 800-475-1942. They both said that they would cancel the membership, but they give no proof of that and are quick to get off the phone. I complained and they said that they would send an email to their manager... no manager would come to the phone. Next is to cancel the card to get a new card. I am unclear if they really canceled the memebership that we did not sign up for. Neither of us, husband or I gave our account number to anyone to allow these charges. They didnt even mention that they had our card number. I will take this up with who ever I need to If anyone else has further information please let me know who else I should speak with!
    Thank you! And I hope this helps anyone else who has been a victim of this BS!

• Ta
    Taneil Toman May 05, 2008

I was checking my online account statement and noticed a charge that I did not make. It was from Essentials for home. They provided a 1800 number and I called it. The lady told me that I was automatically signed up for the membership when I purchased a new product. I got to thinking and looked back at my account and noticed ANOTHER charge from the same place!! I know for a FACT I did not purchase anything that would sign me up for a membership that I didnt know about. I called my bank and cancelled my card immediatly. I have to dispute the charges too! Even thought the lady on the phone said that I would be rembursed by them. We'll see if that happens.

• Ed
    edmond connelly Jun 14, 2008

unauthorized charge to my credit card!

• To
    Tony Thwaites Jul 12, 2008

Totally agree with all this. Have just noticed the same charge. Am now going through the motions of cancellation. Why cant the authorities do something. This is credit card fraud.

Carol B. Smith Jul 16, 2008

I too have just noticed these charges on my Master Card. I called the 800# on my statement, and a really grouchy "Amy" - Operator #61096 - would not tell me what the charge was for! She had to get my name, telephone number (because my name is so "common" AND address - and then she STILL would not tell me the name (HOMEPLAY V). She called it "WEST VALUE PLUS" and another charge on my account is from "QUANTITY HOME PLAY". I GOOGLED the name on my statement, and found this site. Amy said she was going to be nice today, and credit my account $19.95, twice, and I should see the credit in a few weeks. But after reading the Comments Posted here, I highly doubt to see anything, ever. I will still dispute. This is Horrible, Scarey, and Out-of-Control Credit Card Fraud! Somebody needs to crack down on these scammers! (They now have MY ADDRESS!!) Thank you for letting me Vent.

Carol B. Smith Jul 16, 2008

The 800# I called was: 1-800-475-1942. Next it is HEALTH OPTIONS, at 1-800-866-915-1190.

• He
    hellen Jul 29, 2008

i have a couple of debits from my account and i dont even know who these people are does any one know if i can talk to this thing and get it stoped

• Lo
    lois mcdonald Jul 29, 2008

same thing happen to me i called them an made them take them off i had no ideal who they was lois

• Wa
    Warren Pfeil Jul 31, 2008

Well 9.95 was withdrawn from my checking acc. and in the process of loosing my checking acc.

• Da
    Daniel diaz Aug 05, 2008

I just notice charges on my credit card.I called the 800-475-1942 and the first thing they ask: are you calling to cancel your membership they charge me 16.95 since january of 2008. We need a lawyer!! It is a shame that in time when people are financialy struggling someone else is taking advantage.

Good luck!!!

• Br
    Brenda Aug 09, 2008

Here is a letter sent to my home from them. Please read and let me know if anyone got one like this. Also read what they offered me, and how they are trying to get your information.

I received in today's mail.
    It says thank you for your membership with Homeplay. We would like to provide you with uninterrupted service, but it appears we are unable to bill the full amount of your monthly fee to the credit card you initially provided. Because you have been such a loyal member, we have extended your membership benefits for an additional month at the incredibly low price of just 1.00 to prevent your membership from lapsing.

They go on about giving them another credit card, or debit card on the form they sent. Get this ''As our way of apologizing for having to ask for a new card to continue your regular monthly billing, we're giving you a $10.00 Gift Card of your choice. That's in addition to the $25.00 Gift Card offer when you initially enrolled in our program.''
    Once they receive my new credit card information they will send a form to claim my Gift Card.

As you can see they got my address somehow, now they are trying to get my credit cards. No where in this letter do they give a name of the credit card, or account number of the one they say I signed up with.

Don't think for one minute I feel lucky they don't have anything yet, I don't think this is over. They have my address. The one thing I will do is call my bank, and credit card company, and watch my statements very close.
    If there is anything you want from this letter address, names, anything at all, post it here and I will help anyway I can.
    Brenda

• Pa
    PATTI D Aug 16, 2008

I JUST RECEIVED MY BANK STATEMENT TODAY AND FOUNF A DEBIT FOR $ 19.95 FOR I DON'T KNOW WHAT HOMEPLAY-V . PLUS I WAS CHARGED $30.00 FOR INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. I WILL CALL MY BANK MONDAY. HOPEFULLY SOMETHING COULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY . I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH SO MANY PEOPLE. HOW DO THEY GET THE INFORMATION.

• Mr
    Mrs. Susan Lapp Aug 17, 2008

I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE tell me the Website Address To HomePlay? I went to www.HomePlay.com & I Found This Site! & I Am GLAD I DID! :) But, I Still Need Their Website Page/Site?

Thank You & Good Luck To All!!!
    Mrs. Susan K. Lapp
    [email protected]

Carol B. Smith Aug 20, 2008

Susan94799:

If anyone has ever shopped, and/or ordered, online from HomeDepot, Macy's, Amazon, Science Tools, Ace Hardware, etc., it looks as though THIS is, possibly, where our personal information is coming from. Possibly. It would make sense, as any of these places would need to have our HOME ADDRESS to be able to ship our order.

I will bet money - that somewhere (in the FINE PRINT probably) they state how they will be sharing our information with a third party vendor/supplier. It may even be the Shipper who obtain our information! This stinks. I, for one, did not read the fine print, as I usually do, on any online orders I have recently made... butt I will from now on...!!! grrrrrr

Here is the URL for a website I found after I googled "WC ESSENTIALS FOR HOME."

Carol B. Smith Aug 20, 2008

Go here to read ALL ABOUT IT. Sure 'nough, looks like this is where, and HOW, our information was obtained.

Peace Out!

Robert Aug 24, 2008

These sorry cheating ### holes are gona pay. I tired of ### like this. I just checked my bank statement and i saw the charges from homeplay- V. I called the phone number on my statemen 1-800-475-1942 their website is http://www.programs.com/ Its a bull ### website check it out.

Robert Aug 24, 2008

I have been charged 84.oo for the last few months with out my permission. Has anyone taken care of this and how did you take care of it

• Jr
    jred Sep 08, 2008

IM getting charged with this fraud company too, I need to call my bank fast.

• Do
    Doug -78628 -AustinTX Sep 08, 2008

I noticed a charge on my Account today and decided to type the word "Homeplay-v" into Google Browser and found this site. Now it's time to do some research and stop this scam.

• De
    Dehr Oct 27, 2008

Thank you for the WC Essentials phone number I called to cancel and requested a refund 1-800-566-8640.

I'm not sure if this will work or not but I did get a confirmation of the cancellation and refund due to lack of authorization. The woman on the phone said that I probably got it through ordering from a magazine or infomercial.

Good luck to y'all. I hope the woman was being true.

• Li
    liliana Oct 27, 2008

wc home play: I also was charged to my debit card for two statements and I also am trying to find this company it out ragest that us as honest people get caught on these scams if any one knows info on them please let us know. Upset in Jersey

• Er
    Eric Nov 12, 2008

I was also receiving charges on my bank statement for this. The first thing I did was cancel my card and get a new one. Next, I phoned the company. I was lucky enough to find out more than some others apparently. They get your card number through some websites that they pay to advertise on when you purchase goods online. They keep your card number and claim to get authorization from you (I don't remember authorizing, but it may be through those long "terms and conditions" that everyone clicks "agree" without reading). Hopefully I will no longer see these charges and I hope this info helps everybody else.

• Kr
    kred Dec 11, 2008

I also have charges on my account and I don't know how they got my account number.

• Ri
    rican boy Jan 05, 2009

THERE WAS UNAUTHERIZED TRANSACTIONS ON MY ACCOUNT FROM THESE SO CALLED COMPANIES W C HOMEPLAY, W C BUDGET SAVERS, AND LBS HEALTH OPTIONS. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING PLEASE TELL ME ANYTHING YOU KNOW. 280AD

• Li
    Lisa Mar 05, 2009

I also was charged with WC Movie Play V, for $19.95... I called my bank but they said there was nothing they could do until it actually posted, then they could give me a phone number... i called this 1-800-475-1942 and someone answered and they said i ordered discount coupons and travel stuff, i dont use coupons, and i already belong to a travel club, so that was a lie... they said they would refund my money in 2-3 business days, and lo and behold they did... I just got the money back today... so give them a call and I wish you luck, they also said they would cancel any future transactions, but I made sure that i received a confirmation number...they didnt give one freely.

Sarah B Apr 22, 2009

I saw the same wc homplay-v charge on my credit card. Called the number listed. It's a customer service number of a membership club for discounts that their 'distributors' provide... something like that. Either way, 123 they stopped billing and I requested a refund/grievance in the mail. 800-475-1942.

f'em!

• Be
    Beverly Wilson May 06, 2009

Homeplay deducted 19.95 from my account five times totaling 99.75 plus overdraft fees of 350.00 along with a return check fee of 262.84 for a check I had previously wrote. The bank called Homeplay at that point Iwas credited 19.95 leaving a balance of 692.64 that Homeplay owes me per the bank.

• Ly
    Lydia Gonzalez Jul 30, 2009

I was charge 2 times for $16.95 in my check account I don't know what is this, Can someone help me I nnes the refund.

• Va
    vampiremonkey40 Jan 09, 2011

I too have been charged a total of 149.70 from this WC Homeplay, and I will be going to the bank first thing in the morning!! I have also been charged 7.95 (12) times for things called unlimited pro clikcash, fundingmoney help, money help 4 u, ggl profit, search and fly high search traffic and that total was 95.40 from whatever these are. I know I havent signed up for anything even close to things like this! I am really getting to the point that someone best start paying all of us back for these unauthorized charges on our bank accounts! Will post the result after I get to the bottom of this! Good Luck to you all! Just dont give in to any of these jack [censor]! We will see results!