Wausau TileBe careful

T

The bench delivery by crane and straps caused texture damage to the bench arms. The result is blotchy spots with some colors from the colored pad they placed between the bench arms and straps. Their solution was some stain sealant paint spray, which I have not tried and am skeptical to try, since the difference in the raised and lowered area of the paint texture will still be there likely, plus the color may not match the rest of the bench.

Also -- They had told me that the Weatherstone Finish I ordered has "the color all the way through the bench" and that this looks better than the painted benches. That's why I selected that option. Turned out, though, that a *colored* stain (paint) sealant *does* end up applied in my particular model, which apparently can get damaged. My guess is that without that coating, there wouldn't have been that more liquid-type layer for potential damage. In all the discussions up front about the finish, the rep never mentioned the possibility of a paint overcoat.

The personnel have been very cordial and "upbeat" -- but it's the bottom line that matters to me, and I'm not confident that this stained-sealant-on-top solution will work.

If you buy from them, be sure to:

* Find out what precautions you/they can take to PREVENT crane strap damage to the bench

* Find out what you're REALLY GETTING in terms of the finish on the bench.

* Try to see a sample in person, or buy from a company IN TOWN where you can see one. I got sent all around town by Wausau Tile to locations that didn't even exist to try to see a bench sample like the one I was thinking of (and ended up) ordering.

That is, if you care like I did.