Warranty America, CarchexExtended Warranty failures

U

The info. below was in response or went along with another post, but I felt it should be added as a separate complaint. It seems that some people respond to the various posts and threads stating that they are VP's, employees, etc. of Warranty America and state that they are committed to customer satisfaction. Well...If they continue to sell their service, collect payments, and then not honor the language of the warranty contract they sell you and don't try to contact each person to resolve issues, then they stand out as a dishonorable company to deal with. If they'd like to settle with me, I'll be glad to make note of it here. Come on Warranty America, the people are waiting to sing their praises about how supportive of a company you are. I can be contacted at [protected]@msn.com

I'm a Maryland customer and am starting into what I think was a rip off warranty on my 2002, 93k mile Avalanche, ...but hope to be wrong. My truck is in the shop for power window problems and coolant loss problems. Warranty America tells the shop(Dealer) that the power window motor is covered but they don't agree with the dealers price on parts and that they'll call the dealer back in a couple hours after they check around with their own sources. The WA rep also argued with the shop manager about replacing one part, not the assy.. The rep double checked after arguing the matter and conceded that it would be the assy.. Well, the shop manager hadn't heard anything back from the WA rep. and was gonna check back after lunch. The comment above stating "Third, WE do not control how long any vehicle is in any shop. We are not the ones doing the work so how can we?!" Oh, butyes they do control how long the vehicle is in the shop. Right now, mine sits waiting for WA rep to agree to shop parts price or provide the parts.
Next problem is the failed heads on my engine that are leaking coolant. WA rep says that's not a covered item. I thought pretty much all of the motor and powertrain were covered. Replacement heads will run me approx. $3000 after diag and parts, new GM motor (with 3yr/100k warr) will run $5400 installed. Well, since WA doesn't seem to cover much, I'm stuck with the bill, so I'll try GM's warranty on the new motor. Hope they at least cover a power window and then maybe cancellation of warranty is all that is left unless WA wants to correct all the above problems their having fulfilling their promises???
I ended up with the warranty from WA on the basis that Carfax refers buyers of vehicles to Carchex which in turn ends up being this Warranty America. Good luck to all, but from the reading of the previous post's, it appears that WA is scamming or just very poorly managed.
Like I said above, I hope all these complaints are wrong and WA stands up and smooths the road on repairs, but right now my truck and wallet are in the shop!!!

JOHN P. Jun 02, 2010

I PURCHASED COVERAGE FROM CARCHEX THE REP EXPLAINED HOW IT WORKED AND I ASKED HIM SEVERAL TIMES AS HE MADE IT SOUND SO EASY AND PROMISED ME IT WAS COMPLETELY HASSLE AND PROBLEM FREE, I ASKED HIS SUPERVISOR AS WELL BECAUSE I WANTED A CONFORMATION AS TO WHAT THE REP WAS SAYING WAS TRUE, THE SUPER. TOLD ME THE SAME..ALL YOU DO IS HAND THE CARD WE SEND YOU TO THE MECHANIC AND HE CALLS THE # ON THE CARD GIVES THE INFO AND IN TURN THEY GIVE HIM THE CORP. CREDIT CARD OVER THE PHONE AND ITS DONE JUST LIKE THAT!!, I SAID AGAIN JUST LIKE THAT? HE REPLIED IT IS COMPLETELY HASSLE FREE AND PROBLEM FREE FOR YOU AND YOUR MECHANIC!! NO DELAYS HE SAID NONE!!! WE MAKE IT EASY!!! I SAID OK SO I BOUGHT THE COVERAGE WELL AFTER THE 30 DAY AND 1000 MILE WAITING PERIOD MY VEHICLE HAD A BREAKDOWN I SIMPLY BROUGHT IT TO MY MECHANIC HE CALLED THE # ON THE CARD AND COMPLETLEY CONTRARY TO WHAT THE REP AND HIS SUPERVISOR PROMISED ME MY MECHANIC WAS HASSLED AND MANY PROBLEMS DID OCCUR!! I WA ALSO DELAYED FOR SEVERAL DAYS BECAUSE NOW UNTOLD BY THE REP OFCOURSE I HAD TO WAIT FOR A INSPECTOR TO SHOW UP AND APPROVE MY VEHICLE I WAS OUTRAGED!!! THIS WAS NOT THE HASSLE FREE PROBLEM AND DELAY FREE SERVICE I WAS PROMISED BY THOSE REPS!!!AFTER A WEEK OF MY VEHICLE BEING IN THE SHOP THE CO. DOES CALL MY SHOP AND TELL THEM ITS APPROVED AND THEN THE MECHANIC FINISHS MY CAR BUT IT STILL SITS THERE FOR DAYS BECAUSE THE CO. IS SUPPOSED TO CALL WITH THE CORP CREDIT CARD THEY DON'T!!! SO ICALL THEM AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON THERE SAYS IT WILL BE DONE WHEN WE ARE READY!! AND HANGS UP ON ME I WAS APPALLED!!! I WAS PISSED TO NO END!! THEY DON'T THINK I NEED MY CAR??? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SCAM IS THIS!!! SO THEY FINALLY CALL WITH THE CARD INFO MY MECHANIC AND ME ARE PISSED TO HELL, I WILL NEVER USE THAT PIECE OF [censor] COMPANY AGAIN!!! THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! WHAT THEY DO IS FRONT THESE REPS UP TO SELL THIER PRODUCT AND PURPOSELY MISREPRESENT THIER PRODUCT TO THE PUBLIC AND COMPLETLEY LIE TO AND DESEAVE THE POTENTIAL CUSTOMER WHEN THE CUSTOMER BUYS THE PRODUCT BASED ON THE DECEPTIVE LIES HE WAS GIVEN BY THE LYING [censor] REPS HE IS SHOCKED TO FIND THAT IT IS NOT AS EASY AND HASSLE FREE AS PROMISED BY THE REPS!!! I AM REPORTING THIS COMPANY TO THE BBB AND ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AS WELL AS EVERY OTHER AGENCY I CAN THINK OF...THESE KIND OF SCAMS MUST BE STOPPED!!! PEOPLE TODAY WORK TO HARD FOR THIER MONEY AND SCAMS LIKE THIS POP UP TO STEAL YOUR MONEY I WON'T STAND FOR IT, EVERYONE I KNOW WILL KNOW WHAT KIND OF SLEEZY [censor] SCAM CAR CHEX IS!!! I SEEN ON THE NET WHERE THE CEO OF CARCHEX WAS AWARDED SOMETHING FOR 2010 I WONDER WHAT THAT AWARD WAS??? MOST PEOPLE SCAMMED IN 2010????

• Th
    THE UN-CAPED CRUSADER Jul 06, 2010

THESE GUYS ARE SCAMMERS !!! YOU WILL NOT GO UNHASSLED !!! THEY WILL REPAIR YOUR VEHICLE WITH A PART FROM A JUNKYARD !!! MAKE SURE YOU LUBE YOUR REAREND BEFORE DEALING WITH THESE JERKS !!!

• Be
    Bear3040 Aug 16, 2010

I also purchased a warranty from Car chex and Alpha Warranty Service, Draper Utah. My nightmare has just begun. My car has been down over 30 days now and Alpha Warranty "rejected the claim" the 1st time. It is supposedly under review again. Alpha claimed oil starvation as the reason my car had a rod bearing go and when I proved them wrong, they now want me to tear down the engine completely "to find the exact cause" when the 1st time was good enough to reject the complaint. A delay tactic. Anyone else have problems with Alpha Warranty? I've seen up to 17 recent complaints about them from the BBB.
    I supposedly have a bumper to bumper full coverage warranty. Car Chex doesnt seem to be able to do anything with Alpha Warranty.
    Contact me with any info about at [email protected] My next move will be the Utah State Atty gen office.

• On
    Oneangrymofo Sep 08, 2010

I am living through a nightmare with these people myself. Mine is a long and frustrating story which I really don't have the time or inclination to detail here but suffice it to say I have been completely inconvenienced and scammed by Carchex and Administration Plus (their underwriter) to the tune of thousands of dollars and weeks of time without my car.

I will be contacting the BBB today about this, , , ,

usaborn_01 Nov 14, 2010

I feel that I completely donated money to carchex(and the other names they operate under) for a service that they seem to want to avoid at all costs of providing. You're better off taking your chances and holding onto your cash than to get any kind of so-called coverage from these companies.

Antioneadam12 Dec 02, 2010

I have two vehicles with carchex warranties and they are 0 for 2. They wouldn't fix either of the problems. Both were repairs to areas of the truck that are covered, but the devil is in the details. Definitely don't fall for their POWER WINDOWS coverage, its a total scam.
    I basically paid $4000 for a false peace of mind.

• Sj
    SJ100 Dec 28, 2010

I have been very serious about considering the Carchex extended warranty for my four vehicles (Sequoia, BMW, Lexus, Corvette) for peace of mind. In fact, I just talked to their representative a while ago and everything sounds very easy when having your car fixed. But after reading all your complaints, I have found similarities of complaints and no respect from their customer service upon making the claim. Now I have finally decided NOT to go with Carchex. Thank you for all your input in educating all of us customers.

• De
    Dena B Jan 29, 2011

Carchex has not agreed to either of the repairs, that were supposedly covered based on language in the warranty. My air conditioner went out, and the warranty stated that it would pay for condenser failure. The condenser coil went out, and don't you know, that is just not covered. Then, another problem with an accelerator pedal?, also not covered. This warranty, which I also purchased for security/safety reasons, has cost me 1, 600.00, but I will never fall victim to this BS again. I, too, plan to report them to BBB, but what are the repercussions for them?

• Ra
    Raleigh23 Feb 24, 2011

The problem is that Carchex is just a broker for the warranty. As long as they accept your payment and get you in a contract with a warranty company, then Carchex has done everything they promised to do and get a good BBB rating. When the warranty company screws you over and you complain about Carchex, they just defer everything to the warranty company... Then the screwy warranty company changes its name after enough complaints to start fresh again.

• Pa
    Paul Stratch Mar 23, 2011

I am the CFO of AAS/Warranty America. If the individual that made this complaint wants to contact me I can have the claim reviewed. However, I will say that NO contract covers everything - even the manufacturer contracts. In fact, we often cover things that even the manufacturer wouldn't. We pay out millions of dollars in claims, but unfortunately there are some that must be denied. It's not our choice - there are contract terms that must be observed. That's what any customer with any contract must realize. We do employ ASE Certified former mechanics in an effort to make sure our customers get the best possible service. It's not "poor management" just because some claims are denied or customers don't get their way. If we make a mistake, we will correct it, unlike most companies. However, we will not do what every customer wants just because they make complaints, especially if what they want contradicts the contract terms.

• Mk
    mk1234 May 02, 2011

They are also RACISTS. Stephanie Martin 877-CARCHEX ext. 1123 sent a mail with racists jokes. I have it in position and plan to use it as proof.

JohnPen09 May 13, 2011

I purchased a CarChex warranty, I have yet to talk to anyone at CarChex. They don't return telephone calls or emails. Like all the other extended auto warranty companies, your car is covered until it needs repair.

• Mi
    michaelyn May 19, 2011

I was about to get carchex when I read these reviews and changed my mind. Can anyone help me with a better warranty company? I really need the extended warranty because I have a 2005 Cadillac Deville with 135000 miles and I am afraid that when it starts to break down the parts will cost too much money. Please help me cause my dealership warranty ends in 2 weeks! Please help ASAP!!

regeniaspurpose May 25, 2011

Hello everyone, after reading all the write ups about CarChex, I have decided not to go with them. If it looks like a duck, then maybe it is a duck. Can anyone please refer me to a good company that can cover me with my 2000 BMW 540i. 106, 000 miles. Thanks for sharing. Wish more people shared there experiences, it would save us so much money.

Jason Goldsmith May 27, 2011

My name is Jason Goldsmith and I am the Co-Founder and CEO of CARCHEX. It’s very disappointing to see the negative experiences reported about CARCHEX on this site. Our brand promise is “Customer Experience Above All” and if any of these claims are accurate then we did not deliver on that promise. While each of your issues should have been addressed through our dedicated customer service department it appears for whatever reason they were not. I am a bit confused however why these forum postings are the first time that I am hearing about these complaints since my direct contact information is made easily accessible to each of our customers and potential customers for the exact purpose of being able to speak directly to me in order to help resolve any open issue or provide suggestions on how we can improve our customer experience. If you have an issue or complaint you or any of our customers can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449. I will respond to each issue in a timely manner.

Most of these complaints seem to stem from an unhappy customer who has had a claim denied. The fact of the matter here is that the nature of a service contract is that it is just that, a contract. Claims are adjudicated based on the language of the contract. There is no other fair or legal way for a service contract administrator to pay claims. Some claims do get denied but many more get paid and paid quickly. The real facts are that CARCHEX has been in automotive consumer protection business for over a decade, we have fewer complaints than any other company in the industry and assist hundreds of thousands of consumers each year who are shopping for a vehicle service contract. Now I realize I can’t make every customer or potential customer happy but we do want to try and we do address every issue or complaint that may come our way and take each issue very seriously. If we are in the wrong we will make it right. If you question that please contact me directly. I appreciate forums like this one because they help me make CARCHEX a better company but unfortunately they do nothing to help resolve the issue that caused the frustration that caused the posting of a complaint or concern.

My single goal with this post is to remind each of you that you have another outlet to resolve a dissatisfaction you may have with CARCHEX. You can always contact me and I promise to do everything I can to help you reach a satisfactory resolution to your issue and deliver on our brand promise. If I don’t keep that promise you can always let everyone know by posting your experience on this site.

Sadly most people don’t take the time to post online about the positive experiences they have with a company but fortunately for us many of our customers have. I would ask you to check some of these testimonials located at http://www.carchex.com/about-us/warranty-testimonials where real customers have thoughtfully taken the time to send us videos about their excellent experience with CARCHEX and they’re certainly not the only ones who think CARCHEX lives up to its brand promise. As of today we have over 25, 500 fans on Facebook. That’s more fans then all of our competition combined. Lastly as you educate yourself about vehicle service contracts you may want to check out our site dedicated to exposing the real scams to look out for in this industry at http://www.carchexscamalerts.com.

I’m sure some people will continue to use this forum to anonymously bash CARCHEX but I hope that most people who read this or who have posted on this forum in the past will contact me directly to actually receive a fair resolution to an issue they may have had and engage in a dialogue.

Thank you for reading my post and again please contact me with any questions, comments or issues at [email protected] or 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449.

• Co
    [email protected] Jun 02, 2011

I also have a contract with Carchex, and I also got screwed over when my car broke down. I had it towed to a shop when my transmission overheated on the highway, but by then it had cooled off so it drove again. They said it had a burnt up 5th gear clutch pack and it would need to be rebuilt or replaced. Carchex sent out their "ASE Certified" specialist to look at it, the guys at the shop said he smelled like alcohol and they thought he was drunk. He didnt even drive the car, he made one of the shop's people drive and he rode in it for like 5 minutes they said, and then he left, saying "its fine nothings seems wrong." When I spoke to Carchex about this they didnt care at all and they denied my claim. They are a complete scam and a waste of money, stay away from them. I had an aftermarket warranty with a different company before and they did fine, I made the mistake of using Carchex this time to save money. Now Im just another example of a US Military member being taken advantage of by a dishonest corporation...

regeniaspurpose Jun 02, 2011

Hello Sir, will you please tell the name of the company that you went with before that you didn't have any problems with. We are still searching for a company. We work to hard to loose our money.

Jason Goldsmith Jun 02, 2011

[email protected], to verify you are not a competitor making a bogus post please provide the last 7 digits of your VIN or Contract Number so I can identify you as a customer and I would be happy to look into this matter for you. I do have say however, the sequence of events you have described seem impossible based on the way the claims process works which is why I suspect this is a bogus post from a competitor. I hope I am wrong here about this posts validity and can be of assistance to you. Unfortunately as is the case with many posts online this may simply be a competitor trying to use this forum as a tool to anonymously bash CARCHEX. As I posted above you can also reach me directly at [email protected] or by phone at 1-877-CARCHEX Ext. 1449. Again I apologize if this is a real issue but the sequence of events you describe and the fact that you have had the opportunity to discuss this with me directly and thus far have chosen not to, have raised some doubts as to the validity of this post. I take the time read these posts myself and take actual complaints very seriously and am looking to provide a resolution and to actually help customers. So please if you are a real customer reach out to me so I can help.

usaborn_01 Jun 16, 2011

It sounds like Paul Stratch and Jason Goldsmith need to talk with eachother about the problems Warranty America and Carchex are incurring with warranty holders. Paul should be aware of my situation it he looks back in archives of dealings with the Maryland State Attorneys Office. Warranty America got agreement with the State Attorneys office on denial of my claim on the 2002 Chevy heads that had cracks in them after 93k miles. WA stated that because GM/Chevy had a TSB stating that the heads could develop cracks, then it would be a manufacturing defect and not a covered item by WA. WA also stated that it would not be covered because it was not an internally lubricated part. GM/Chevy stated that yes there is a TSB, which is exactly what it is, a troubleshooting bulletin to assist mechanics in finding/diagnosing hard to find problems on vehicles, and not a recall or warranty for a defect part. If a head develops a crack after close to 100k miles, is it a manufacturing defect, or just a part that finally gave after many miles???? I feel that most auto manufacturers would consider it more of a wear and tear item, not a covered defect, which then puts it under a warranty replacement item then...hopefully. The service manager at the dealership in Maryland that I dealt with stated that if I had a GM warranty on the truck that it would definitely cover replacement of the heads, TSB or not. He could not envision why WA would not cover the heads. I ended up replacing the engine since it wasn't alot more than heads replacement and carried a GM warranty on the engine. Even after replacement of the engine, I'd be happy if I could recoup the cost that would have been incurred for the heads replacement, approximately $3000 at the GM dealership. I am not an anonymous complainer, WA certainly has my email contact info([email protected]) and Carchex has it too. If they wanted to resolve issues with me, they certainly could contact me, and if resolved I would gladly post a positive comment about them :-) If they need to make sure I'm not a competitorfiling bogus complaints, my last 7 digits of my VIN are: G307038. I've done plenty of chasing the carrot game, they can contact me. Good luck to all, and IF I should get some kind of positive action out of Carchex and Warranty America, I will post further.

• Pa
    Paul Stratch Jun 22, 2011

I was able to locate the claim in question. There NO question that this is a manufacturing defect, because there is a technical service bulletin for THIS particular vehicle for THIS exact problem. The contract specifically excludes covering items for which a manufacturer has announced it's responsibility, which is only logical. How could you expect a small, independent company to take on the liability for a major manufacturer defect. You cannot make the argument it's just a failure from "time and miles", as you seem to be making, because it's the exact situation listed by the manufacturer as being the problem. In addition, as I pointed out to the customer and the state more than once, the contract only covers heads if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated part. If the heads are just cracked, even if it's not a manufacturer defect, that is not typically going to be covered. That type of damage is typically from overheat, which is not covered. Any way you look at it this would not be covered. This is not a "borderline" or "gray area" claim. The contract is quite clear. I would simply remind anyone reading this that just because the customer does not see the outcome they desire does NOT demonstrate negatively upon us. We have a contract here and are obligated to uphold those terms. We have done that in this case and to expect us to do something else would be expecting or requiring us to ignore the contract terms.

usaborn_01 Aug 17, 2011

Hooooorah :) Kudo's to Carchex and Jason Goldsmith(CEO at Carchex), I felt that I should start off this way and then explain. I received an email contact from Mr. Goldsmith asking that I review with him what had ocurred in my dealing with Warranty America. I pretty much repeated what I've written here and asked that if he had any questions or comments to feel free to call me at the tel. nos. that I provided in the email. One of his first questions was "why didn't you contact Carchex with your complaint, instead of airing it over the internet"? He explained that since Carchex was the one that sold me on the warranty, that they would have liked to have a chance to take corrective action, if needed, against the warranty company, or also they could have made a mistake in their explanation of the coverages of the warranty when they sold me on it. I never really gave any thought as to calling Carchex, I thought my problems were directly with the warranty company. Well, Mr. Goldsmith told me that he had to agree with WA(Warranty America) in the non-coverage of the heads, due to the wording of the contract. He reminded me that I had, I believe 30 days, to review the contract when I received it and get a refund if I wasn't satisfied that the wording was the same as what I felt I was sold over the phone. I told him that I made the mistake of assuming all engine parts were covered in my Platinum bumper to bumper warranty, and I hadn't really read word for word of the contract. I also mentioned that if I had read the part that states Engine Heads...and refers to only internally lubricated parts, I probably wouldn't have understood that the engine head wasn't covered. Well, guess that was my mistake for assuming, from now on, I'll be more vigilant when dealing with contracts, but I'll probably still miss some items with the lengthy wordiness of contracts. I'll explain my other problems with WA in the following paragraph. Mr. Goldsmith was able to go back the couple of years and review the sales calls that had been made to me, I was surprised that they actually kept all the recordings. He called me back promptly within a couple of days and asked me a few questions about the calls to collaborate with what he had listened to. The saving grace, in the sales call, that helped my case was that I had questioned whether my modified exhaust would negate the warranty. I hadn't done any other mechanical mods, but had put the cat-back dual exhaust on the truck. The Carchex salesperson had told me that the exhaust would have no effect on the warranty. Mr. Goldsmith said that was a mistake on their part and that they should not of sold the warranty to me due to the modification of the exhaust. He did contact WA and spoke with Paul Stratch about negating the warranty and refunding monies, but Mr Stratch didn't want to negate the warranty or do the refund. Mr. Goldsmith did some more checking and called me back, indicating that he had talked the situation over with his peers and had come to the agreement to refund my purchase price of the contract, minus what had been paid out on the repair of my window motor. He also got agreement with WA(who Carchex no longer sells) that they would honor the contract through the end date, even though the exhaust had been modified, so I have coverage for about 8 more months. I did receive a refund check recently for the purchase price minus about $200. I feel that in my case, Jason Goldsmith is a stand-up guy, along with Carchex, and hope that others that have had problems will try giving Carchex a call(if that's who you purchased through). If you feel you're being brushed off by a rep of Carchex, feel free to mention Mr Goldsmiths name and ask to speak with him. Thankyou Mr Goldsmith and hope that your career goes far!
    Ok, now for WA(Warranty America)...I guess I'd have to say, after reading the contract closer, that WA is correct in their decision of non-coverage of the heads on my truck. I don't agree that a contract of this type would not cover the heads, but...the wording is there. It seems that extended warranties offered by others do cover heads in the situation I experienced, but as stated above, they would not be covered by the contract I purchased. With that said, I still have complaints about WA's handling of my repair issues that were covered under the warranty. I had a rear window motor that was failing. The dealership doing the work found a replacement window motor and contacted WA with the price. WA told them that it was too pricey and that they would find a suitable replacement. During the 5 days that the truck was in the shop, they managed to pull my engine out and replace it with another new(rebuilt) GM engine. They called me and said that my truck was ready to roll, EXCEPT they hadn't received the window motor yet and the door was still apart. I found this rediculous to not be able to supply a window motor in the time it takes to replace an engine! They did finally receive the window motor, I think by UPS, later that day. The other failing on WA's part, was when I first started calling to find out what to do when bringing my truck to the shop, I had asked about a rental car. I never got a clear answer from WA's reps about whether I would be reimbursed or not for a rental car, so I ended up borrowing a car from family. It would have been much more convenient to get the rental car right at the shop where the truck was, but no one seemed to know when WA would come through with the window motor. Soooooo, I admit to not reading my warranty close enough, but fault WA on customer service and feel that they could do a lot better job in that department.
    In closing, make sure that you read contracts fully, but also check Complaints Board, BBB, Etc... to get an idea of whom you're signing on with. Best of luck to all!!!

Ready Girl Oct 28, 2011

You can call me Ready Girl - but here is my feedback on these postings:

I would like to give praise to the Managerial staff (in question), I feel that was very noble of them to respond openly to all concerns as it related to their "warranty agreement(s)" (i.e, vehicle service agreement). From what I've read about these postings, it is definitely important that we read and understand (or even attempt to understand) the nature of what our agreement(s) cover. I might add do a little more research about the company and its warranty server before engaging into a contract.

Seemingly, with the staffs' feedback they look to assist customers with their concerns; particularly when they feel they've been unjustly treated. I agree with Mr. Jason Goldsmith we need to contact the firm firstly and seek justification; before we begin to express (bash) that the company is not customer-orientated (and I can even appreciate him listing his number and email info for this purpose). Truly, if we go this route, we can speak firmly from the experience exposed from the company - and this too may have a greater impact whence we speak.

• Al
    ALPHA WARRANTY Dec 21, 2011

I purchased a vehicle from Exotic Motors of Rolliing Hills, Illinois who sold me an ALPHA WARRANTY. They WILL NOT PAY FOR MY REPAIRS!!! They use "PRE-EXISTING"to get out of paying claims!!! Google ALPHA and see for yourself. I'm telling you first hand the company is HORRIBLE and soon will be facing a 'CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT" !!! They record conversations and use them when it benefits them-be careful what you say!!!

• He
    Heritage02 Dec 30, 2011

I was led to believe that the warranty that I bought would cover the car bumper to bumper. I asked the rep this will cover everything front to back? Brakes? Electrical? Tranny? Oh sure! Of course! You have no worries!
    Well, today I brought my car to a repair shop (BBB Torch award, recommended on tofixit.com) and NONE of the needed repairs are covered!! Engine mounts, tranny mounts, electircal cables, NOTHING!!!
    Stay away from these guys!

• 05
    05 lincoln Jan 31, 2012

I just signed up with Carchex tonight... and I thought I did good research prior...until stumbling upon this site and reading these nightmares. I believe I may have to take advantage of the 30 day money back. (I sure hope there is no fine print there)

usaborn_01 Feb 25, 2012

Ready Girl...Yes, Jason Goldsmith, and his peers, at Carchex have been great in the resolution of my problems dealing with the warranty. We can read over contracts word for word upon purchase, and usually before purchase, but...when we face an automotive repair situation, sometimes as clear as the wording may seem to us, the layman(or woman), that may not be how it is really written. I have done a fair amount of automotive repair on my vehicles, so in most situations I'd understand what is/isn't covered, but there are a lot of people that have to put their trust in the ones presenting the coverage for sale to them. Unfortunately, salepeople are making their money off sales and sometimes stretch the facts, enough to make a sale, and hope in most situations that it won't come back on them. That's where it is really nice to find people like Mr. Goldsmith that will take it upon himself to make sure his company is representing what they are selling correctly. I did actually have a hub go bad on my truck recently and it was covered by the warranty, but...the warranty company didn't agree with the dealer pricing on the part, so they again located a part themselves. I didn't agree with the dealer pricing that was honestly quite overpriced, but the part the warranty company came up with was super cheap, sure hope it lasts :-(
    Alpha Warranty...not really sure who they are, and may be just like Warranty America, just one of many names sold by one company. Hope you find a resolution without too much aggravation. My warranty was also sold to me as bumper to bumper, which would make most of us think it covered almost everything, especially after talking to a good saleperson, well maybe bad salesperson if they misrepresent. As for signing up through Carchex, I'd say read, read, read, and then some more reading, look to see who the warranty company will be, Google the name of the warranty company and see if it results in a lot of complaints, check BBB(not real reliable, but can give some guidance), etc...Personally I fear signing on with any warranties, insurance, etc.., sometimes they work out good, but I think they're misleading more often. Best Wishes and Luck to All :-)

• Bl
    blackmamba_40 Jul 05, 2012

carchex is a money sucking, scam of a warranty company..I bought a warranty for 3500 dollars from a lying ### sales con. I asked would my parts be factory parts from jaguar dealer..oh yea he says that's no problem.. Took my car in for repair, the snakes tell me my claim is denied because they can get the parts cheaper, from where ..the damn junk yard..I wish i had never dealt with this bottom shelf business. What the hell do i need the waranty for i can go to the damn junk yard myself..refurbished parts! Really...STAY AWAY FROM CARCHEX..A headache..

• Db
    DBogar Oct 02, 2012

CARCHEX is the worst extended warranty company out there. They spend more time and money finding ways to DENY your claim, than to just pay the claim. If they do approve your claim, they want you to use parts out of a junkyard rather that new parts. Stay away!!!

• Xf
    XfireXLR Oct 08, 2014

First I would like to thank all whom have taken the time to post. I currently own a 2006 Cadillac XLR and my GMPP Major
    Guard warranty is about to expire. I was referred to CARCHEX by other XLR owners who have purchased an extended warranty from them. My GMPP was/is an outstanding warranty and has paid for itself 10 fold. Some of the repairs that were covered by my GMPP 3 top modules @ $365.00 each, new entertainment center @ $1895.00, rear view mirror @$519.00, valet cylinder & key @ $229.00. So you can see that I have been a bit spoiled by GMPP no hassle's, no problems and great customer service. After reading some of the posts here, I am now on the fence as to whether to purchase a extended warranty through CARCHEX. I applaud Mr. Goldsmith for chiming in and trying to address some of the issues.

• Ra
    Rachel Berman Oct 20, 2015

Paul Stratch is full of crap. This company obviously hides behind several different names because their reputation is the worst in the industry. People would not buy these warranties if they knew who was behind them and how they deal with their customers and repair shops. I promise I will spread the warning to as many consumers as I can. They treat everyone else like they are a crook trying to get one over on them. You know what they say, "if you smelt it, you dealt it."
    This company consistently takes a week or more to authorize a repair citing, "well its just part of the process." When the 'repair' is finally authorized, it is only covered as a half ### repair. My air conditioning compressor went out damaging the serpentine belt. The supervisor, Blake (another real piece of work), told me most shops use a kit that replaces the the whole thing because those parts could cause failure of the new compressor if they are worn as well. He informed me they will only cover the compressor because the other little parts may be worn but haven't failed yet. Only then will they cover them and I will have to go through their whole 'process' again. They will not replace the belt either because belts aren't covered even though it was damaged by the faulty part and not a maintenance issue.
    These people are masters at playing the 'fine print'. I take pity on anyone working for this company because they have to sleep at night under a roof paid for with blood money. I personally could not feel good accepting a pay check from this employer knowing they had to lie, cheat, and steal to make their money. This is NOT an ethical company. They hide behind fine print they count on the consumer not seeing or understanding, and are so rude about it my shop has already told me they will not deal with this company in the future for repairs. They are sorry because they want my business (Desert Automotive has been operating for over 50 years with one of the most reputable reputations in the high desert) but it is not worth the amount of aggravation and headache this warranty company gives them (which must be A LOT for them to say this!)
    My car has been in the shop now over a week for an air conditioning compressor. They took two days to send out an inspector who took over four hours to look at a damaged compressor? I had to wait another two days over the weekend and another two days for them to review the report, and then several phone calls later from me for them to contact the shop and authorize only a portion of the repair needed to ensure it's good working condition.
    Bottom line, insurance policies are usually bought to have some kind of peace of mind if something goes wrong. This company gives NO peace of mind, only aggravation. Go ahead, just try sending me a junkyard compressor..
    I do have to add, after letting you know I am a 100% disabled veteran that can't get to my VA appointments while my car is still in the shop, I think even less effort was made to expedite the process as promised. ~still twiddling my thumbs without a car~