Walter and Jackson Lumber β€” Unauthorized billing

I ordered hardwood from Walter and Jackson Lumber Company in Pennsylvania, I didn't special order anything. I ran out of the wider 8" boards, and instead they sent me smaller wood I did not order. I was told I would be given my $ back without a hassle, once my house was completed. They told me they would continue to try to get more Hickory wood in so I could finish my floor. 6 months later, I have no wood, no phone call, and no $ back either, even though they cashed my check. I asked for my $ back, and they became rude, almost refusing to send it back. I ordered my wood elsewhere, and the wood was beautiful, and I was finally able to complete my house, and move in.

Upon completion, I called about the order I got, that had boards I did not want or order. They picked up the wood, and two years later, I didn't get even a penny back. $1200 worth of junk wood that was far from quality, they were ignorant to deal with and very rude. I'm supposed wait until they sell wood that has splinters, huge knot holes, and can't be sanded. I was told that I have to wait until they sell the wood to get my $ back, and that I might not get what I paid for back. The wood was okay to sell to me for $1200, but they can't sell it to anyone else for that. They are crooks.

Please save your $ and go elsewhere.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices