Walgreen- Shasho PL Waldorf MDStore # 9632---Customer Service- Pharmacy

M

Beginning on September 21, 2012...I ask the pharmacy to transferr my prescriptions to my Home Delivery Service. I had made a medication visit to my doctor and received a 90 day supply prescription from him. I was basically out of several at the time, so I had to make a emergency 30 day supply from Walgreen, however, I asked if they would transferr my remaining prescription to my Home Delivery Service as it is much cheaper than local pharmacy...I was told rudely by the male pharmacist that they do not call and do transferrs that the Home Delivery Service must call them to request it. Then Cigna, the Home Delivery Service, said "emphatically, NO, they would not call Walgreen, they must call them. Walgreen Pharmacist was very offended and let me know that I was believing Cigna and not him and he wanted to know why was that. I asked him to just please do what he could to get me my meds because I felt trapped between the two companies playing games. He did not...he stood his grounds and said Cigna must call him...Cigna stood their grounds and said Walgreen must call them. This went on for 5 days and I finally asked to speak to the manager on duty the Wednesday night of September 26, at Walgreen on Shasho. When he finally got to the phone he interrupted twice and made breathing noises to let me know that he was annoyed and then asked me to hold on until he get to the Pharmacy department without allowing me to finish my complaint to him or learning the full nature of my complaint. When someone came back on the phone it was the Pharmacist Victoria and when I asked her why I couldn't finish speaking with the manager she said that he told her to handle me. So His management training "101" did not teach him enough to at least "pretend" to understand and care about the customers issue enough to listen and try to help...he just gave me to the department I called to issue a complaint about. And because of some of the nature of my meds they made it very clear to me that they felt that I was just an annoying "mental case". I know I am just "one" customer out of millions, but I will never use the services of "Walgreen" again. I will take my money elsewhere...but until they get some "professional" training to their managers and employees...I suspect there will be others who will take their business elsewhere as well.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices