Waka NetworkTrying to scam

O

Representatives of Waka Network keep calling me and saying that I’ve won $100 walmart gift card. In order to use that gift card they ask for my credit card details to pay one time payment for issuing of this card. Beware people it is new scam scheme, you’ve been warned.

• Og
    Ogbob Aug 29, 2012

Received a couple of calls from them. Answered the second one. Was curious what it was. Caller claimed I had done a survey trying to win a Wal-Mart card or an I-pad. Wanted me to go to their "secure" website. Voice sounded possibly computerized. Long lag time between parts of the conversation. I never let it get to the personal info part. I hung up and promptly entered the number in my call blocker app. The number that called me was [protected]. Glad to find this board so I could pass my info on to others. Beware of them. They've had over 30 complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau. Supposedly all of them have been resolved. Yeah, right.

• Ro
    rod harris Sep 25, 2012

sounds just like my call, except i filled out address, e-mail and address. they then wanted credit card info, which i told her(it) i was not going to give that and she (it) started trying to put my mind at ease (her words). i aid no way and hung up. the number that called me was [protected]

• Ta
    taco1973 Oct 10, 2012

I also received a call like these 2, but I told her it sounded like a scam, she slammed the phone down and cut me off. The number was also [protected]. I filled a report with RIPP OFF.

• Ta
    tathomp Nov 17, 2012

I just got the same call on my cell phone number came from [protected] Friday I got 6 calls from the same place and were all from different cell numbers. I am sick of this... I know I didn't fill out a survey so how do I get it to quit and how do I report them. I have a family emergency from the hospital and I keep answering the cell so I don't miss the emergency I am having from a family member and I am tired of this Sylvia from Waka calling me.

• De
    derbypie Jan 22, 2013

calling also from [protected]
    this company? is such a scam place.

• Bo
    bobbi p Feb 23, 2013

i just got a call from them. they promised me 100.00 gas card, a Walmart card nd a nother card. i said ok what do i have to buy, silvia said nothing! then i said this sounds to good to be true, then i said i dont have a credit card. she said you ony have to pay 2.56 and its a secure website, i said i dont have a credit card/ she said its a one time use and you get the money back. i said you said i dont have to pay anything! she hung up! i called back four times the first two times i asked to talk to a supervisor she she NO. I said NO? she said yes. i said no she said yes. i said you wont let me she said NO and hung up! the next two times they put me on hold and said you are the 2nd caller it will be 15 seconds. it was 4 min. then they hung up! are you kidding me!! I'm going to report them...it is a scam, dont give them any info! oh the phone number they called from was [protected]

• Il
    ilovcole33 Mar 05, 2013

This number has called me non stop for 6 days in a row [protected]. Same thing some computer woman saying I won a 100 dollars walmart card. Its a scam, I told these ### everytime they call Im recording it and plan to sue the hell out of them if they don't stop. I have my number on the national do not call list so they are breaking the law calling me and yes I filed a complaint.

• Dr
    DrMass Mar 06, 2013

Received same scam attempt today, March 6, 2013. Phone number was [protected]. I sensed it was a scam and when I tried to ask questions she (it) hung up on me. DRM

Annoyed360 Mar 07, 2013

I am in the 360 area code and have received so many calls from [protected] that I have them in my cell phone's address book as "Spam Caller." I've had many missed calls and answered twice. Both of the times I answered, they claimed that I had filled out a survey in an attempt to win an iPod or Walmart Gift Card. The first time I answered the phone, I told them never to call me again. The second time I answered the phone, I told the woman that I had already requested to be taken off their list. She became quite combative and insisted that I participated in an online survey for an iPod or Walmart Gift Card. I informed her that I would be reporting their incessant calls as unsolicited cell phone spam. I did not follow any bogus links online in an attempt to win a free round trip ticket to Walmart, gross.

• Sc
    scam_killer Apr 12, 2013

waka network is a scam. i worked there before. the only reason why they can't answer your questions guys it is just because they are using a robot. they are using a recording. sylvia davies is not a real woman.

• Sc
    scam_killer Apr 12, 2013

waka network is a scam. i worked there before. they are using a recording that is why they cant answer your questions.

• Ha
    HATE SCAMS...SCAMS.....SCAMS Apr 18, 2013

don't let Waka scam Network take your money. here is the scam # [protected] they called me from which is disconnected when you call it back don't give then your name address or credit card info the robot say its only a 1 time processing fee of $2.98 that you can cancel at anytime AND IF YOU DONT CANCEL THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOUR CARD SAVE YOUR SELF HERE IS THE INFO IF ANYONE GOT SCAMED BY THIS COMPANY...
    By submitting your order your card will be charged $2.99 Today and you receive your Waka Premium Membership, and begin your 7 day preview membership in Waka Network. At the end of the 7-day trial period, your credit/debit card will be charged $19.99 for your first Month membership fee by WakaNetwork.net You will then be billed $19.99 on an monthly basis unless and until you call [protected] to cancel your membership in WakaNetwork.com .

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices