Waffle Housetheft/fraud

I frequent Waffle House here in Jacksonville Florida. I've always been a big supporter and customer of this franchise for 40 years now. Last Friday I stopped into a location that I come to regularly and purchased my order. I learned after the bill which should have been 12 dollars posted that someone dishonestly filled in a 40 dollar tip. I can't tell how angry this level of dishonesty makes me. My grandfather took me to Waffle Houses throughout my childhood and I wouldn't have thought someone from that establishment would rip me off like that. Unfortunately I'm going through the dispute process to try to recover my funds. I'm a working man and I need that 40 dollars. IHOP is now close by and open 24 hours so as much as it upsets me, i will be eating there from now on, while doing my best to discourage anyone locally not support Waffle House...thanks for ruining something I've enjoyed my entire life

Da
Jul 30, 2019

Comments

•   Jul 31, 2019

Gullible people need to learn how to use this site to see who posted. It’s an impostor that’s posting and does it frequently. If you are gullible enough to believe that they beat their mother and steal, then perhaps this site is too hard for you to follow.

My bridge in Kansas is still for sale.

•   Jul 31, 2019

@SubSquirrel So is my oceanfront property in Nebraska.

•   Jul 31, 2019

It isn’t the poster. Click both nicknames to see.

•   Jul 31, 2019

How can someone filing a 40$ tip??? This is why I dislike paying a check like this and tip in the credit card. Pay the check at the register. Leave cash too on the table if possible.

•   Jul 31, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I thought that, too. I’ve never left a tip on a credit card. There’s no proof that they got it from the boss. I leave cash but I hide it behind the ticket in the folder or fold it under the plate. Left loose and anyone can grab it.