Waffle House / belair road, grovetown (@ i-20)

Restaurant smelled strongly of chlorine/cleaner. Destroyed my appetite, but my companion said she could tolerate. The waitress apologized. About 5 minutes later, as my friends food was being delivered the COOK decided to mop the staff floor - with this same STINKING cleaner. Made me sick. Me and companion had to leave (friend never did eat). Waitress came outside, charged me for the meal (again, never touched). Told her nothing touched, restaurants fault. Said she'd call police. I paid almost $15 for MEAL ABANDONED AT THE TABLE, UNTOUCHED!!

• Updated by William Lancaster, Aug 16, 2019

My response- I disagree in that I DID ask for "to go" only to be told that the food could only be boxed if paid for BEFORE we left the table. I'm white, wheelchair bound, with a Korean friend and felt certain that NO EFFORT was made to be courteous or helpful. Creating more "STINK" when I'd just mentioned the odor was thoughtless, - rude.
    Probably a very long time before I spend another nickle at WH. Good food can be served with dignity, and CLEAN, APPEALING environment.

• Updated by William Lancaster, Aug 16, 2019

Wonder if food is prepared with same care and concern they have for customers??!?
    I wasn't loud, rude, or abusive. I calmly complained about the "smell" only to have the cook create a worse environment. I'm white, wheelchair bound with a Korean companion, - and can't help wondering about the attitude being staff "black" motivated???

Wi
Aug 16, 2019

Comments

• Te
      Aug 16, 2019

They made you food. You could have taken it to go. It's not their fault you didn't eat it.

Aug 16, 2019

@TellMeAboutIt82 When the waitress came outside I asked for "to go". She said the table was cleared, all the he food discarded, when we stepped outside.
    I disagree with your conclusion; The staff made no effort to be courteous. I'm wheelchair bound and not interested in rude and careless behavior from narrow minded fast-food "hash slingers".

•   Aug 16, 2019

@William Lancaster Wow, you are a massive racist aren't you? Sounds to me like you make to lots of excuses, whine like a bleating goat, and then cry foul when you get called out for your crap. Why would they threaten to call the police? What aren't you saying? Were you making racist remarks toward the server by chance? I bet you did. Disgusting.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

Aug 16, 2019

@Biggus Dickus Response obviously from ignorant, and narrow minded ...
    You are so wrong, and so STUPID to respond as you did.
    Don't reply. You are wasting my time, and yours.

•   Aug 16, 2019

@William Lancaster Wait a minute there, Hot Wheels.

You are the one who decided to bring someone's race into the conversation. Tell me, what exactly did describing the demographics of individuals in your story do to enhance the narrative? I'll wait for your sage like wisdom to come through on that one. Let me save you the time of a half witted meandering response. It's because you are a racist. Only a true racist considers the matter of race and you have made it quite evident that it is a centerpiece of your thought process.

Do you know what the ignorant means? It is far more indicative of your behavior. I am neither wrong, stupid, nor racist. Three traits you seem to exude with great proficiency.

I do not take orders from racist bill dodgers and will reply as I see fit. Your final comma is also quite unnecessary.

Hope that helps!

Your friend,

Biggus Dickus

Aug 16, 2019

@Biggus Dickus I am not racist, black woman do not know how to behave in public. My guess is that you are black woman. Very fast to play the race card. I am not racist.

Aug 16, 2019

@Biggus Dickus I just put her skin color. Nothing else.

Aug 16, 2019

@William Lancaster You are the one replying back.

• Te
      Aug 16, 2019

Wow, racist and looking down on hard working people doing an honest job. You sound like a real prince.

Aug 16, 2019

@TellMeAboutIt82 No I am not that William, he would never go to Waffle House. He is too rich. I am in a wheelchair and not married. I have no kids. Besides I live in USA not England.

•   Aug 28, 2019

if a place smells of cleaner, id stay. it shows that they actually clean.

seriously, my parents rave about waffle houses blts and I have yet to eat a sandwich there that blows me away. in fact, most waffle houses ive been to are kind of dirty so it looks like you got a winner.