Wachovia Dealer Collection DeptExcruciation Cus. Svs

N

Today, I received an excruciating phone call from Jane, from Wachovia collection’s department. Jane told me I was eleven days behind, and I failed to make a promised partial payment.

She demanded to know when I would make a payment. I explained to Jane that I had financial difficulties this month, and that I would make a double payment 1 Nov 08. This would bring my account current with October’s past due amount, plus, I would be early with November's car payment. Well, I guess this answer wasn't good enough because she repeatedly told me I'm behind, and payment on the 1st of Nov isn't going to work!

After trying to compromise the 1 Nov payment without success, I asked for her name, and to speak with a supervisor. Jane stated she told me her name at the beginning of the phone call. After asking several times, she told me her name was Jane, and that I could not speak to a supervisor because she called me, and I must deal with her.

I asked Jane for the number to the regional office to file a complaint. She gave me the wrong number, so I had to look it up on the internet.

I did call someone outside the collection agency that worked for Wachovia and explained my financial situation to them, and they politely said the 1st of Nov would be acceptable for a double payment. The gentleman advised me that Jane wrote a note in the system stating I was upset and said Wachovia could repossess the vehicle. This is completely untrue.

The gentleman gave me the number to Wachovia collection’s department. I spoke with Francis whom seemed a bit agitated with me after pulling my account information, probably because of the untruths Jane annotated on my account. I asked Francis to transfer me to a supervisor, and she asked “why”. I explained what happened, and she wanted to know the name of the person who called me from the collection department, I told her, and then she transferred me to a supervisor named Darnell.

If she wasn’t a supervisor, I don’t think it was appropriate for Francis to inquiry into a matter that involved a co-worker. I figured if I didn’t give her the juicy details she wanted to hear, she wouldn’t transfer me to a supervisor.

Darnell listened politely, and unbiased to my complaint about Jane. I explained my financial situation. Darnell was customer oriented, and assured me he would look into the matter. GOD welling, maybe customer service will improve with Jane, and the others who have poor people skills.

I trust that Darnell will look into the matter, but I wonder if a successful outcome will happen (improved customer service).