Volvo Customer SurveysBullied after completing a customer survey

J

The most horrible experience I've ever had with a customer serivce rep. ANYWHERE resulted from a recent series of events I've had with Volvo and one of its dealer service centers.

A month ago we had 50K mile service performed on our Volvo at the dealer where we purchased the car. We have always taken the car to this dealer. The bill came to almost $1K and one of the items I asked them to fix was a burned out Daytime Running Light. Got the car back home (an hour away) and found that the DRL was not replaced. Rather than taking another 2 hours drive and cycle the car up there again, I went to a local parts store and replaced it myself. But I did call the service rep. to tell him that they missed the DRL. He barely apologized and that was that. Soon after I received a survey from Volvo Corp. asking me about the latest service, and I did not rate it high due to missing the DRL. I didn't hide my name, and it was an honest assessment.

A month later I brought the car to the dealer for a scheduled minor repair and after taking my information and key, the same service rep. berated me for giving "him" a low rating and said, I quote him directly, that " I just want to let you know that it affects me personally when you give a low rating". It was all in a threatening tone with several "do you understand!?" shouts thrown at me for emphasis. Well, it also affects me personally when I have to fix something that I expected the dealer to take care of afterall, and I almost said that back to him. But instead I tried to explain to him that I couldn't give the prior service a high rating. He just kept repeating the adminishment and I was shocked to believe a service rep. would treat a returning customer like that. After thinking a minute, I demanded my keys back, walked out the door, and will not be returning for service or car purchases at Volvo in the future.

But what really bugs me now is how Volvo Corp. sent my review with my name to the dealer, the dealer then showed the service rep. my name, and then he used it to berate me. I wonder what kind of retaliation my car was in store for if I left my car there. Is it better to just not fill out the survey? Shame on Volvo!