Having problems with Vodafone India?

+91 982 009 8200 (Customer Service)
2nd Floor, Skyline Icon, 86/92, Andheri Kurla Road, Marol Naka, Near Mittal Industrial Estate, Andheri East
Mumbai
India - 400059
Office
Peninsula Corporate Park, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400013 India

Registered Office
Suman Tower, Plot № 18, Sector № 11, Gandhinagar - 382011, India

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vodafone India.

Complaints & Reviews

Vodafone India Limitedfraud and harassment

Hi I have been a Vodafone customer for 6years now. My vodafone no [protected]. Vodafone has resorted to fraud and cheat lately for making quick bucks!! I have been using vodafone no for 6yrs and never activated ISD as i never required the same!! Vodafone all of a sudden activated ISD calling on my number and even went ahead and charged 50 for calls and messages!!! I have not even used Vodafone to make any calls or sent any ISD messages!! When I complained to Mr Rajesh from Nodal dept, he said that amount is correctly charged and cannot be reversed!!Not sure why TRAI is not making service providers pay fine, if customers have to keep verifying for monthly bills!! I have found similar mistakes in past 4 months and Vodafone has not learnt any lesson!! Also, Vodafone shares customers no's to telemarketers, Vodafone gives access to all vodafone customer nos for money!! I get 4-5 calls a day and when i raise a complaint Vodafone goes ahead and closes the complaint, giving an excuse!! I need an apology and compensation from Vodafone for cheating and sharing my number with tele callers for money!!

Vodafone India Limited3g network issue

Vodafone is one of the best telecom companies to work for in India. Vodafone has one of the best network coverage area. 3g speed is awesome. But the call charges, power packs and net card charges are high. They drains data balance without usage. There are some technical problem in vodafone.

Vodafone India Limited[protected] complain

Hello Team,

I wish to complain about my sim card it's [protected] on 5th of August that I converted into post paid to prepaid, for this purpose i have visited to Vodafone office it's located in (Shop Nos. 7, 8, 9, (Unit Nos. 7, 8, 9), Nirmala Heights, 562/6, Shivaji Nagar, Near Congress House, Opp. Veer Savarker Bhavan, Pune-411005). I am complaining because I am not at my place.

When I first learned of this problem, I contacted Customer care also visited to another Vodafone office, and was told that nothing could be done about my problem. I believe that this response is unfair. I would like a written statement explaining company's position and what you will do about my complaint. I have thought Email customer support not able to understand my problem so i have written directly to you.

If you want to contact me i have mentioned my no below but call after 6 pm or directly drop a mail.

Pankaj Chavan,
      [protected]

Vodafone Indiaillegal balance deduction (javagame50_wap)

This is with regards to my Vodafone number - [protected]. In my current bill I have Two Discrepancies with regards to the charges levied on me:
        1. 30/- Rupess charges as SMS sent on Special Number 55435 which is not sent by me.
        2. 450/- Rupess charges on the Head javagame50_wap which is also not using by me in this regards i have called customer care but their no sufficient support and co-operation received by the CCE.

This shows the malpractices of the Company like Vodafone. I would request you to kindly reverse these charges else i would file a case in the consumer forum.

• Us
            Usha Lakshmi Dec 04, 2015

My vodafone number is [protected]. even I am facing the same problem. I have been charged for downloading javagame50_wap which I have not used.

Vodafone Indiainternet pack offer cheated

Vodofone Internet pack offer Rs147 for 1GB 3G got only 500MB got cheated

Message I got on 9th Jun-15 (Hi Rs100 Discount on 3G Data for you! Get 1GB data on Rs 147 instead of Rs 251.offer applicable only from Recharge mode till 11th June.)

As per above Msg I recharged on 11th June-15 for 147Rs (Your Internet pack is activated now valid up to 8th July-15 time 23.59.59 balance 500MB.

I call up to the customer care 198(Complaints no) they told after 24hr remaining data 500MB will credit. After 24 hrs also not credited. Again 3rd time I call up to customer care .they registered complaint Number [protected] on 12thb june-15 @ 6.27PM we will respond your query by monday 15th jun-15 before 06.00pm.

Till date I did not get any Data or any call from vodafone as they commited to solve my problem simply vodofone is cheating us.why the hell you cheat us?? Y shall I do follow up for your given offer?
          Kindly solve this

Vodafone India — my outgoing is barred [protected]

Hi sir, I think u have made enough money that is why u r not able to help me out.. I thaught that u r d ceo...

New Delhi

Vodafone India Limited — bill sent for safe custody account

On 28 th May 2014 i had requested for safe custody of my account till 1st December 2014 at vodafone store...

Vodafone Indiaextreme harrassment by vodafone india delhi

Vodafone India,
            Your Customer service is extremely and shockingly pathetic to say the least about it.

I had emailed your Customer Care team on 5th October 2013 on vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com, [protected]@vodafone.com regarding clarification of document I possess for address change of my postpaid connection. I received acknowledgements that we would resolve it within 2 working days and all that as per their supposed "Company Policy" however I received no response. And so I sent email reminders to them on the 9th and 10th of October 2013 as well but to no avail shockingly.
            Then I proceeded to the Nodal Officer Ms. Monica Pathak of Delhi NCR area on the 14th of October 2013. Shockingly I received no revert or even an acknowledgement of the email. The Nodal Officer is supposed to respomd within 3 days of receiving a complaint as per company policy of Vodafone. No accountability or response from the Nodal Officer as well symbolised this company;s working policy.
            So I proceeded to the Appellate Authority of Vodafone India Delhi area Mr. Manish Jain on the 16th of October. Today is the 18th of Oct 2013 and there is not even an acknowledgement of my email and concern, leave alone a reply/revert/solution of the same from them.

This is the state of affairs at Vodafone India Postpaid. They treat their long standing Postpaid custmers in this manner it is only horrifyingly scary to even imagine what they do with their Prepaid customers.

I am therefore contemplating cancelling my connection completely and I advise others reading this complaint that please do not go for Vodafone at all.

It began with a Live Chat interaction with your Vodafone Cust care team on 5th Oct 2013. I had a Live Chat with Vodafone India's Chat room (link on their website) on 5th October regarding the same query and this was the initial contact and so I proceeded to verify the same from the other authorities/representatives of Vodafone India before I proceeded to the Vodafone Store and present the documents without hassles. Here is the complete transcript of the chat between Vodafone India and myself on 5th October between 1 p.m to 3 p.m:

Welcome to Vodafone Chat !
            Thank you for your patience, a Vodafone Service Desk Agent is now available.
            {Ara}Good Afternoon. You are chatting with Ara. How may I help you?

{Ara}Please confirm if you are online.
            {Tanya }yes
            {Ara}Hello, how may I assist you?
            {Tanya }Ara, as per your Vodafone India website it states that any of the following can be used as address proof - Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognised Educational Institutes. Valid for Govt recognized College / Institution only*
            {Ara}Sir, may I know the link for the same.
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproof_mumbai.aspx?cid=mum
            {Tanya }and here are a few more
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproofjnk.aspx?cid=hyd
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/prepaid/goprepaid/pages/idproof_bihar.aspx?cid=ker
            {Ara}Let me check this for you.
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/prepaid/goprepaid/pages/idproof_bihar.aspx?cid=del
            {Tanya }yes go ahead
            {Ara}Sir, that is for the proof of ID.
            {Tanya }it mentions clearly
            {Tanya }that if the ID proof also has attested photograph with the address on it
            {Tanya }then it will be accepted as proof of address
            {Ara}Yes ma'am, that is for the ID proof.
            {Tanya }when the id card has the address on it as well and is stamped and signed by the university then what is the reason for not accepting it as a address proof
            {Ara}Please be Online, I will definitely assist you.
            {Ara}Sorry Ma'am, its for ID proof.
            {Ara}Is there anything else that I can help you with?
            {Tanya }what is the procedure to get in touch with a senior executive / supervisor
            {Ara}Ma'am, you need to mail on vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com from your registered email address.
            You will receive a revert within 48 hours.
            {Tanya }what is the proof of address documents regarding Students
            {Ara}Please be Online, I will definitely assist you.
            {Tanya }your website states in the links I have provided above that ID proof is Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognised Educational Institutes.

And then it says

Valid for Govt recognized College / Institution only* For details on POA please find the info given below regarding students

But there is no mention anywhere below on the web Page as to what are the POA documents for Students
            {Tanya }If you have a Postpaid connection with Vodafone for 8 years...and you want to change your address/update your address on the account then what is the documents for Proof of Address for Students?
            {Ara} https://www.vodafone.in/prepaid/goprepaid/pages/prepaidconnection_del.aspx?cid=del
            {Ara}Ma'am, please follow the above link for the proofs.
            {Tanya }this is for prepaid
            {Tanya }and it does not mention any detail...don't you check what information you are providing to the customer on this Chat service?
            {Tanya }Submit a written request.
            Submit valid Proof of Address (as per guidelines) of new requested address
            {Ara} https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/simactivation_information.aspx?cid=del
            {Tanya }give me the link for postpaid connection address change/updation proof of address documents(as per guidelines)
            {Tanya }in the postpaid link you have sent me
            {Tanya }there also it only says
            {Tanya }For address change
            {Tanya }Submit a written request.
            Submit valid Proof of Address (as per guidelines) of new requested address
            {Tanya }what are the valid proof of address as per Vodafone guodelines?
            {Ara}Ma'am, the documents mentioned in the link can be used for address proof.
            {Tanya }there is no link in it
            {Tanya }it just says
            {Tanya }FOR ADDRESS CHANGE - Submit a written request.
            {Tanya }thats it
            {Tanya }send me the link that clearly states Vodafone's Guidelines for valid proof of address
            {Ara}Please be Online, I will definitely assist you.
            {Ara}Ma'am, the following documents can be used for address proof
            . Passport
            Arms License
            Driving License (except Mumbai)
            Election Commission ID Card
            {Tanya }and what else?
            {Tanya }what if somebody does not currently have any of the above
            {Tanya }then what
            {Ara}Ration Card with address (except Mumbai & Maharashtra);
            CGHS / ECHS Card
            {Ara}Certificate of Address having Photo issued by (a) MP / MLA / Group A Gazetted Officer in letter head
            {Tanya }Kindly ask your senior/supervisor and inform me that if one does not possess any address proof and only has an attested photo Student ID card with address then will that be accepted as address proof.
            {Tanya }Photo attested Student ID card is of a recognised and reputed Govt. University
            {Tanya }and also clearly mentions the Address of the COnsumer on it
            {Ara}Ma'am, it is only for ID proof.
            {Tanya }I am recording this conversation and will put forward to your head office
            {Tanya }Open this link and read it minutely and extremely carefully - https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproof.aspx?cid=del
            {Ara}Okay Ma'am.
            ID card issued by central / state government
            ID card issued by public sector undertakings
            Ration card with your photo
            Government college / university ID card
            Aadhar letter issued by the Government of India can be accepted as a Valid proof of Identity & Address.
            {Ara}Okay Ma'am.
            {Tanya }and then it very clearly and in detail mentions after that
            {Tanya }In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, you'll need any one of these as your proof of address:
            {Tanya }"In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, you'll need any one of these as your proof of address:"
            {Tanya }Electricity bill (issued in the last two months)
            Bank passbook
            {Tanya }So it very clearly says that In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, then you will need to provide a seperate document as Proof Of Address.

{Tanya }That means that it is clearly saying that If in case your ID Proof Document already has the address mentioned on it then you do not need to provide any other Address Proof documents.
            {Tanya } Please confirm it with your supervisor/senior and others and let me know
            {Tanya }I am waiting
            {Ara}Ma'am, what ever mentioned in the list of address proof please follow that.
            {Tanya }it is clearly saying that
            {Tanya }if your ID proof does not have address on it then only you will need to provide a document for Address proof
            {Tanya }If your ID card alsready has address on it then you will not need to provide address proof doc
            {Ara}Yes Ma'am. that correct.
            {Tanya }So if I have a Government college / university ID card and it has my address on it and is Photo attested by the University then that will be accepted right?
            {Ara}Ma'am, that is not acceptable as address proof it only for ID proof.
            {Ara}Is there anything else that I can help you with?
            {Tanya }U have just stated above that - {Ara}In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, you'll need any one of those as your proof of address.
            {Tanya }So, if I have a Government college / university ID card and it has my address on it and is Photo attested by the University then that should be accepted.
            {Tanya }as both ID proof and Address Proof
            {Ara}ma'am < i request you to visit the vodafone store if that is acceptable then it will be great.
            {Tanya }why does your vodafone stores and your vodafone customer service have different policies
            {Tanya }are they different organisations/companies
            {Tanya }they work independently?
            {Tanya }your version and the Vodafone version should concur/be exactly the same and not make the customer go through difficulties
            {Ara}Ma'am, please visit the vodafone store.
            {Tanya }and say go and find out yourself and take trouble
            {Tanya }I want you to tell me
            {Tanya }you have not resolved my query
            {Tanya }If i have to go to vodafone store I would have gone
            {Tanya }why would I have contacted you
            {Tanya }because you both are the same company
            {Tanya }when I am sure that my documents are enough only then should I take the pain to go to a vodafone store
            {Ara}Ma'am, I have provided you the information for further information please visit the store.
            {Tanya }YOU HAVE NOT RESOLVED MY QUERY
            {Tanya }Not a single answer you have given
            {Tanya }people come to you for answer to questions that are not available on your website, etc.
            {Tanya }Resolve my query
            {Tanya }otherwise I am copying this whole chat and sending it as a complaint to all the higher authorities in Vodaone
            {Tanya }to take action against this
            {Tanya }as no query is resolved
            {Tanya }call up a Vodafone store office in Delhi..any one of them and ask whether a Govt. recognised Student ID card with address is accepted as Address proof as well
            {Ara}ma'am, the link which I have provided have you able to view the details.
            {Tanya }this is the way you should resolve customers queries
            {Ara}Ma'am, Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognised Educational Institutes. Valid for Govt recognized College / Institution only* is not there in the list of address proof.
            {Ara}And it is not acceptable.
            {Ara}Ma'am, please be online I am transferring the chat to my senior.
            {Tanya }ok
            {Aditya}Good Afternoon. You are chatting with Aditya. How may I help you?
            {Tanya }yes
            {Aditya}Hello, how may I assist you?
            {Tanya }Aditya have you been apprised of the issue by your juniour?
            {Tanya }because I do not want to go into the details again
            {Aditya}OKay ma'a
            m.
            {Aditya}Ma'am, asa I have understood you want to use student id as a address proof. right
            ?
            {Tanya }yes
            {Tanya }and as per your website specifications
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproof_mumbai.aspx?cid=del
            {Tanya }it says any one of these are acceptable as address proof
            {Tanya }Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognised Educational Institutes.
            {Tanya }The same is reaffirmed by the following link on your website
            {Tanya }https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproof.aspx?cid=del
            {Tanya }Get any one of these as ID proof - Government college / university ID card

{Aditya}Let me check this for you.
            {Tanya }now read this very very carefully
            {Tanya }your website says itself that
            {Tanya }IN CASE your ID proof DOES NOT have your ADDRESS on it, THEN you'll need any one of these as your proof of address
            {Tanya }my govt recognised university's Student ID Photo attested by the University also contains my address on it
            {Tanya }so as per your website information that I have also provided above this document of mine can be accepted as address proof alongwith my PAN card
            {Aditya}Please be Online, I will definitely assist you.
            {Tanya }the links and info I have provided above are clear so that I am sure that you have understood my point perfectly
            {Aditya}Ma'am, it will work as a identity proof not as a address proof.
            {Aditya}You can view this details in the above link
            {Aditya}Is there anything else that I can help you with?
            {Tanya }after all the information I have provided above and am stating your website information
            {Tanya }you are still saying that it is not acceptable as address proof
            {Aditya}Get any one of these as ID proofPAN card
            Photo credit card
            ID card issued by central / state government
            ID card issued by public sector undertakings
            Ration card with your photo
            Government college / university ID card
            {Aditya}Only Aadhar letter issued by the Government of India can be accepted as a Valid proof of Identity & Address
            {Tanya }where is it written on your website?
            Electricity bill (issued in the last two months)
            {Tanya }give me the link
            {Aditya} https://www.vodafone.in/postpaid/gopostpaid/pages/idproof.aspx?cid=del
            {Aditya}Please visit this link.
            {Tanya }are you reading the contents of the link what you have just provided to me above?
            {Tanya }{Aditya}In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, you'll need any one of these as your proof of address:
            Electricity bill (issued in the last two months)
            {Aditya}YEs
            {Tanya }what does this mean?
            {Aditya}Right ma'am, you can use your college id proof
            {Aditya}Please confirm if you are online.
            {Aditya}Kindly confirm if you are still online.
            {Tanya }so you are saying that I can provide my Govt. recognised Student ID with attested photo and address mentioned on it as a address proof and PAN card as ID proof at the Vodafone stores in Delhi
            {Aditya}Yes
            {Tanya }it will be accepted and updated in your records
            {Tanya }another query
            {Aditya}Yes
            {Tanya }once you collect the documents at the vodafone store and then you submit it to the head office
            {Tanya }then is it verified once again or it is simply updated in the records
            {Aditya}Verification is done only for postpaid number
            {Aditya}For prepaid number documents are updated in system only
            {Tanya }also, The attestation in my Student ID card is faint and when a photocopy of the same is taken then it does not show clearly. If i provide the original at the Vodafone store
            {Tanya }then they can verify and approve my documents
            {Aditya}Yes
            {Tanya }and attest it and send it to the head office
            {Tanya }hmmm...so a verification agent will be sent to my address to check if I reside there
            {Tanya }even though I am a consumer for 8 years now
            {Aditya}Yes. there will be physical verification at your residence
            {Tanya }ok
            {Tanya }that resolves my query
            {Tanya }thank you
            {Aditya}#ty'
            {Aditya}Thank you for contacting Vodafone web-chat. Have a nice day.
            The Vodafone Service Desk Agent has left.

**********************************************
            Here is a complete list of emails sent by me to Vodafone on the said issue:
            On Saturday, 5 October 2013 3:44 PM, wrote:
            Vodafone team,

I have been a customer (Mobile Number ) of your telecom company's services since the past 8 years and have been quite satisfied with the same.

My address that is updated with your organisation at the present moment is of my previous organisation which I have resigned from and I am into research work right now. For the abovementioned research purposes I have joined a Govt. recognised deemed University in the capacity of a scholar. Hence, I would like to update my address immediately with your organisation in order to facilitate my future correspondence with Vodafone where I would need to receive physical correspondence with you at my residence.

Now, I have continuously updated my address changes with your organisation being a responsible customer of your organisation. Therefore, even now I am looking forward to doing the same and expecting the same amount of grace and ease with which the same was provided and fulfilled by your organisation previously to a valued and loyal customer like myself.

1) At the present moment as a ID Proof I possess a PAN Card.

2) But as a Proof of Address I at the present moment only possess a Attested Student Photo ID Card issued by the Govt recognised deemed University that I am associated with and it also clearly mentions my current Address on the same.

Hence, these are the only two documents that I can present as a Proof of ID and Proof Of Address which should be sufficient considering your guidelines mentioned on your website, you may refer -

WHere it is clearly mentioned that as a Proof of ID one can present - Government college / university ID card

&

(your website rules then clearly mentions after that )- In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, you'll need any one of these as your proof of address.

So your organisation very straightforwardly and clearly states that an ID Proof having address on it mentioned also and is attested by the Govt. University/College then the customer will not need to provide any other Proof Of Address. Therefore, my Student Photo ID Card containing my complete current address attested by the University is acceptable by Vodafone as a Proof Of Address.

Another link that you can refer to on your website rules and regulations is:

Here it says - Get any(means anyone) of these documents as Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of address (POA):

And in the list of documents at the bottom your website clearly mentions:

Therefore my Student ID Card stamped with photograph and address mentioned by the Govt. recognised Educational Institute is acceptable as a Proof Of Address.

Please note, that I have also contacted your Live Chat support feature on your website (first line exec name - Ara) and was transferred to a supervisor/senior (senior/supervisor name - Aditya) who confirmed after viewing all the abovementioned links that I can proceed with my PAN Card as ID proof and my Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognised Educational Institute as my Proof Of Address and apply with a written request at the nearest Vodafone store alongwith the originals and the same would be attested by the Vodafone store exec and dsent for updation at the head office in Delhi and promptly updated in my records.

If needed I can also reproduce the whole chat as I have recorded it.

Also if you would check your records then I had recently placed a request with your customer care team to order a new SIM card ( due to loss of earlier one) and the address (current one) I had provided there for delivery of the same was noted by your executive and penned down/updated/fed in your customer care system and the SIM Card was subsequently delivered at the same residence(current one) address and verification was done by the delivery person.

If not satisfactory I would escalate to all higher authorities in Vodafone as well as outside Vodafone ( Govt. Telecom Regulatory Appellate Authorities) until this query reaches its logical conclusion.

********************************

9 Oct
            To Vodafone team,
            It has been more than three days and I have not received a response on my email. This is against your Customer Service policies of replying within 2 days of receiving a complaint/query.
            Kindly respond else I would escalate it to the higher authorities.

*********************************

On 10th October I resend my original email once again to the Customer care Delhi team.
            ***************************************

Please note that every time I send an email I received this acknowledgement from Vodafone India:
            acknowledgements <[protected]@vodafone.com> wrote:

Dear Customer,
            Thank you for writing to us. This is an automated response to your e-mail. We will respond to you within 2 working days.
            For quick access to your account information, please dial *111#
            For access to our 3G related services and products please log on to http://www.vodafone.in/3gworld
            My Vodafone
            Manage your Postpaid account online - from anywhere. Register for My Vodafone on https://myvodafone.vodafone.in. By logging on to My Vodafone you can do all below mentioned activities on your Vodafone account and many more.

View, Pay & analyze your bill/account statement
            Change your talk plan/billing address
            Request for a duplicate bill
            Activate and deactivate services
            Order a new SIM card and block your old one

So create your My Vodafone Account today! To know more about My Vodafone, visit https://myvodafone.vodafone.in.

SMS Service Commands List
            You can also activate/deactivate services easily via SMS. To view the list of commands, log on to www.vodafone.in and go to Download and More option. Below are following few services which can be activated/deactivated via SMS along with self help keyword for some informative SMS, you can send the corresponding code as an SMS to 111 (toll free) and the service will be activated/deactivated or you will receive the desired information as per timeframe mentioned.

Now I send the email to the Nodal Officer:
            To nodal.[protected]@vodafone.comvodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.[protected]@vodafone.com
            Oct 14 at 11:02 AM
            To
            The Nodal Officer
            Vodafone -Delhi,

Take note of my emails below to your Delhi Customer care department (3 emails dated 5th October 2013(initial email), 9th October 2013(Reminder email) & 10th October 2013(re-sent Initial) respectively) which have seen no response whatsoever on the latter's part which signals the extreme lackadaisical and perfunctory set of functioning exhibited by the aforesaid executives of Vodafone impliedly creating unbearable circumstances for any prudent person to objectively endure.

It also compels me to relinquish every service availed by myself via your organization forthwith since a simple request(detailed below) for Information which is every customer's right to know is unable to be fulfilled by your organization. Therefore, I am constrained to give a last opportunity to yourself and the errant executives concerned as my last and final notice before I quit using your services and would also instruct other Vodafone users in my circle to do so and would switch to other customer friendly service providers.

It has been more than a week that I have written to your Customer Care department and though I have received automatically generated acknowledgements for the same as well from your Vodafone Customer Care Team however there has been no response till date which blatantly breaks your strict protocol of responding to a customers queries within 2 working days as per your automatic acknowledgement emails. This goes to show the amount of respect and value your organization's Customer care executives have for their own company's policies, immediate superiors & valued consumers because your customer care team represents Vodafone as a whole.

This is my final email explaining my side of the issue to your customer care team, if this harassment continues I would proceed with cancellation of the connection besides taking this matter up with the hierarchy of your organization as well as other appellate/higher respective institutions and organizations within and outside Vodafone who are incharge of looking into such matters and provide a suitable reply apart from placing a cancellation request of my connection and put forward this harassment story to all the people I come in contact with and social networking sites to abandon and never go for a service like Vodafone who promise world class customer service but fall flat when asked to deliver to their 'valued' & loyal customers at the time needed most, and what good is an organization without an efficient customer care.

I look forward to a prompt and positive response from your end this time.

P.S - The list of the 3 email correspondence between Vodafone Customer Care and myself has been mentioned below for your perusal and complete resolution/action.

#(Mobile Number )

LIST OF THE 3 EMAILS SENT BY MYSELF (Dated - 5th OCT 2013, 9th OCT 2013 & 10th OCT 2013 RESPECTIVELY) TO VODAFONE CUSTOMER CARE:

To: vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com, [protected]@vodafone.com
            Subject: Postpaid - Change Of Address/Updation Query
            Date: Thursday, Oct 10 at 3:48 PM

Vodafone team,

My address that is currently with your organization at the present moment is of my previous organization which I have resigned from and I am into research work right now. For the above mentioned research purposes I have joined a Govt. recognized deemed University in the capacity of a scholar. Hence, I would like to update my address immediately with your organization in order to facilitate my future correspondence with Vodafone where I would need to receive physical correspondence with you at my residence.

Now, I have continuously updated my address changes with your organization being a responsible customer of your organization. Therefore, even now I am looking forward to doing the same and expecting the same amount of grace and ease with which the same was provided and fulfilled by your organization previously to a valued and loyal customer like myself.

1) At the present moment as a ID Proof I possess a PAN Card.

2) As a Proof of Address I at the present moment only possess a Attested Student Photo ID Card issued by the Govt recognized deemed University that I am associated with and it also clearly mentions my current Address on the same.

Where it is clearly mentioned that as a Proof of ID one can present - Government college / university ID card

&

(your website rules then clearly mentions after that )- In case your ID proof does not have your address on it, then you'll need any one of these as your proof of address.

So your organization thus very straightforwardly and clearly has stated herein that an ID Proof having address on it mentioned also and is attested by the Govt. University/College then the customer will not need to provide any other Proof Of Address. Therefore, my Student Photo ID Card containing my complete current address attested by the University is acceptable by Vodafone as a Proof Of Address.

And in the list of documents at the bottom your website clearly mentions:

Please note, that I have also contacted your Live Chat support feature on your website (first line exec name - Ara) and was transferred to a supervisor/senior (senior/supervisor name - Aditya) who confirmed after viewing all the above mentioned links that I can proceed with my PAN Card as ID proof and my Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognized Educational Institute as my Proof Of Address and apply with a written request at the nearest Vodafone store along with the originals and the same would be attested by the Vodafone store exec and sent for updation at the head office in Delhi and promptly updated in my records.

To: vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com, [protected]@vodafone.com
            Subject: Re:Postpaid - Change Of Address/Updation Query
            Date: Wednesday, Oct 9 at 8:31 PM

Vodafone team,
            Kindly respond else I would escalate it to the higher authorities.

#(Mobile Number )

____________________________________________________________________________________
            On Saturday, 5 October 2013 3:44 PM, :
            To vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com, [protected]@vodafone.com
            Subject: Postpaid - Change Of Address/Updation Query

Vodafone team,
            I have been a customer (# (Mobile Number ) of your telecom company's services since the past 8 years and have been quite satisfied with the same.

1) At the present moment as a ID Proof I possess a PAN Card.

2) But as a Proof of Address I at the present moment only possess a Attested Student Photo ID Card issued by the Govt recognized deemed University that I am associated with and it also clearly mentions my current Address on the same.

&

So your organization very straightforwardly and clearly states that an ID Proof having address on it mentioned also and is attested by the Govt. University/College then the customer will not need to provide any other Proof Of Address. Therefore, my Student Photo ID Card containing my complete current address attested by the University is acceptable by Vodafone as a Proof Of Address.

And in the list of documents at the bottom your website clearly mentions:

Student ID Card with stamped photograph with address only for Government recognized Educational Institutes.

Therefore my Student ID Card stamped with photograph and address mentioned by the Govt. recognized Educational Institute is acceptable as a Proof Of Address.

*******************************************
            No response from the Nodal Offcer even after 3 working days.

So I send a reminder to the Nodal Officer:

To nodal.[protected]@vodafone.com
            Oct 16 at 4:59 PM
            Ms. Monica Pathak,
            It seems my earlier correspondence with yourself has gone on deaf ears without any redressal from an esteemed officer like yourself at Vodafone.

No wonder that this is the example being followed by your subordinates, that is, the Customer Service team of Vodafone who are unable to answer simple queries of the customers and are extremely unprofessional and lackadaisical in their execution of duties.

The complete history of which can be viewed for yourself from bottom to top of this email.

Therefore, I hope you respond this time with a positive response and take this matter into your hands as you sit at a position that sets examples as well as your designation solely exists for the purpose of resolving queries and bettering policies of the organization when it cannot be resolved by your subordinates.

If I do not receive a response once again, then I would proceed with this to the higher authorities as well as the Consumer Court and TRAI and other respective institutions and organizations who can look into this matter and provide a suitable reply apart from placing a cancellation request of my connection and spreading this harassment story to all the people I come in contact with to abandon and never go for a service like Vodafone who promise world class customer service but fall flat when asked to deliver and what good is an organization without an efficient customer care.

I look forward to a prompt and positive response from your end this time.

*************************************************

No response from the Nodal Officer even then. So I forward the email and concern to the Appellate Authority of Vodafone India Delhi area:

To appellate.[protected]@vodafone.com, nodal.[protected]@vodafone.com
            Oct 17 at 3:00 PM
            Mr. Jain,
            Appellate Authority
            Vodafone Delhi

Take note of the correspondence below to your Customer care department as well as a number of emails to your immediate subordinate, the Delhi Vodafone Nodal Officer which signify apparent lackadaisical and perfunctory set of functioning exhibited by the aforesaid officials of Vodafone impliedly creating unbearable circumstances for any prudent person to objectively endure.

It also compels me to relinquish every service availed by me via your organization forthwith as a simple request(detailed below) for Information which is every customer's right to know is unable to be fulfilled. Therefore, I am constrained to give a last opportunity to yourself and the errant officials concerned as my last and final notice before I quit using your services and switching to other customer friendly service providers.

***********************************************

Today is 18th October 2013 and I have not even received an acknowledgement of the query from the supposed " Nodal" & "Appellate Authority" of Vodafone India Delhi area.

*************************************************
            People be aware if you are thinking of getting a postpaid connection do not even think of Vodafone India. They have no ethics, no sense of accountability and responsibility and absolutely no sense of value for their customers. Vodafone India's Live Chat representatives state that the documents I have can be utilised for change of address as an address proof document. Yet when one proceeds to other authorities/representatives of Vodafone india there is no response at all. Better go in for other telecom service providers without even thinking of Vodafone.

extreme harrassment by vodafone india delhi

Vodafone India — gprs /emails/internet services

Since 3rd april 2013, vodafone india services are just not working on my phone. Despite several lengthy...

Vodafone Indiaissue in setting a callertune

The [censored]ing service of VODAFONE has made me think of dropping the connection. i had set a caller tune when i used postpaid connection, now after converting it to prepaid i wanted to have the same song. when i select the song it says its already active and does not play. i have logged a complaint and have been calling the Customer Care for more than a 3 days, they give me some [censored]ing procedure to activate and select the song. all of vain i tried all options. and then they told they will take up a complaint. now S***ers have disabled the option of reaching the customer care itself. The kind of service they provide is just a S**t. The company is not worth atall with this kind of cheap service. [censored] u...VODAFONE

Vodafone India Prepaid Mobilecharged for not received call on international roming

hi i am Twinkal. now i am in australia and i am on international roaming. my Australian number is +[protected]. i am using Vodafone india prepaid sim card. its number is +[protected]. since last 2 week i am getting charged for receiving calls. but actually i am not receiving any calls and sometimes i am not gitting any calls, but still company charging me Rs. 27 for every calls. it shows on my mobile that i have talk for 0.04 second in all the calls. when i have talk with some mother ###er of vodafone customer care they all told me its not our fault its your fault. our system shows that you have received phone call so you got charged and you will not get refund for this. she is also keep apologies for this. they are not giving me any detail about any calls which i have been charged even after verified all of their questions. can someone please help me to solve this issue these ###ers or give me any contact number for someone who can help me in this matter. my email id is [protected]@yahoo.com

Vodafone India Ltdamount deducted from mobile balance

Dear Sir,
                  My name is Khaleel Shaikh, i am using vodafone mobile network, My mobile Number is [protected]. On 30-April-2011 i'd recharged my mobile with 50.00 voucher, i'd make few calls, then next day morning when i checked my balance 30.00 were deducted from main balance. When i called to customer care and informed my problem, the executive was saying that i have made subsciption for Vodafone time pass alerts and i've been charged for that service. But actually i never received so called alerts from vodafone before. Even after the deduction i am not receiving any alerts from Vodafone. Iam requesting to Vodafone management to refund my amount as early as possible. The customer care people are not giving any response properly. Please do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,
                  khaleel Shaikh

• Kh
                      Kharawala Ashok May 14, 2011

I had also same complain but lastly for Rs:5000/- when i lodged the complain in consumer forum i received phone from department that we want to settel the matter but till 3/4 years when they not came finally we started the matter in court lastly we settel matter in court with only 5000/- only as we are businessman and to save my valueable time i don so. Hence please go to consumer court without wich you will never get anything.

• vodafoneindia May 17, 2011

Hello Khaleel,

Thanks for writing in to us. We tried calling, but were unable to get in touch with you. We would like to inform you that Rs. 30/- has been credited to your account. For any further assistance, please email us at vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com, we're happy to help!

Vodafone Customer Care, Andhra Pradesh

• Fa
                      Farheen Sheikh Jan 16, 2016

deduction of balance without any confirmation nd active the tube world pack plzz deactivated it nd give me my balance back many Vodafone deducte balance and active this stupid pack n all without confirmation plzz take some action against it

Vodafone Indiapoor customer service

I am a 5 year old customer of Vodafone/Hutch. Was very happy with service on my mobile phone till 5 Apr 2011. I raise a bill of Rs 80-100, 000 pa on my mobile number and would have thought would be a preferred customer of Vodafone.

On 5 April I went to the Vodafone Gallery on SV Road, Irla Bridge, Andheri (W) and after waiting for some 30 mins got to see an executive. I wanted an add on card to my primary mobile number for data services on my I pad. He did the documentation. I gave my driving license and photo and credit card for billing and he used the address from my current mobile phone account for the add on application. That is on my office address and my license has my resi address. I told him he could do the add on on my resi address but he told me its fine to use the office address since it was an add on card and the system had my address. I signed on the application at 2 places he asked me to and I opted for the Rs 299 plan giving me I think 5 GB of data usage per month. I paid Rs 299 in cash for the card.

Then I also obtained another post paid connection that I needed for my children using the same documentation. This number had my resi address (the same as my license) and was activated in 2 hours.

Despite being promised that the service would be activated in 2 hours, it was not. I waited for a day and called up Vodafone help on 6th Apr and explained that I was getting “No Service” on the new post paid data SIM for my I pad. Was told to expect a technical call back in 48 hours. Since I did not receive any call back I waited a few days and called back at about 8.20 pm on 11 Apr. This time I was informed that due to some documentation issue my card was deactivated! I explained how I got the card and how the Vodafone gallery had processed everything and I provided all they asked for and how one of the post paid applications was activated on the same documentation. I was kept on hold for a few minutes and was then told that everything was sorted out and I would get the service activated in an hour.

When I checked at 11 pm I was happy to see I was connected to Vodafone. But I could still not connect to the internet- the reason I bought the card. After trying all technical solutions, reinserting the SIM, checking the I pad manual for settings, etc I called up Vodafone help again. After a long hold I got thro’ an operative named Rahul. After explaining the issue to him he said he will transfer me to the helpdesk! I thought he was the helpdesk! I got the ‘Happy to help’ recording again and was informed by a recorded voice that my hold time would be at least 12 mins. Painful but I persevered. I was on hold for 35 mins before I disconnected! I called back- this time on 111. Lady called Geeta attended. Went thro the same routing of explanation for the 3rd time in 4 hours. She checked and said that my data plan has not been activated! I was non plussed. Everytime I am getting a new reason for not getting connected. She said there was an issue withmy documentation and to set it right I would need to visit a Vodafone Gallery! No way I was going to do that after all this. I asked for escalation and was told can get a call back. Expained the issue to her and told her how could there be an issue on documentation and how my second no was activated in one hour, but this one was not on the same documentation. She was most unhelpful and said the system shows there was an error and there was nothing she or they could do about it and maybe I had not signed in all the places, etc!

So here you have it. After 5 years or no complaints, indeed being happy with Vodafone, I got this terrible experience. I would have accepted the whole thing if she had or someone had said there was an issue on the documentation probably at the gallery and they would set it right or send someone over with new forms or something that was helpful and that recognized that I was not at fault and Vodafone was and hence Vodafone would act in a manner of least inconvenience to me to set it right.

But since each of my 4 calls to Vodafone help (first three to [protected] and last one to 111) was not solving the problem and was now requiring me to go back to the gallery, I decided to quit Vodafone forever. She told me and I sent a portability SMS. Very efficiently I got my portability code inside 1 minute. Now I’ll figure our which carrier would be best for me and move with my number.

• Je
                        Jeet2301 Apr 15, 2011

I want to make everyone aware of my story:

I am a vodafone user from Mumbai and I am very UNHAPPY with the current responses/support I received. The way I was treated was appalling. I would not like to continue any more with vodafone. Thus, I submitted a port request and today I got an SMS mentioning : "The number or range is in contractual obligations"

Well, I have paid my bills to date and have no pending amount on my number. In fact, I cant even call from my number [protected] to the 111 customer care number. Seems like I have been blocked from talking to anyone; though, I can listen to the IVR options. This is an insult to a 8 years old customer.

I had simply objected to a huge bill (on the number [protected]) which vodafone charged me for using vodafone live. They say I watched TV-- yes, I did try to see the cricket matches live during the ICC world cup. And, the whole world knows that the visibility was almost null. I was not able to see anything and I kept the mobile TV turned on. I was also under the impression that this is free as a trial and then I see that they want me to pay around Rs6000 for this.

I still paid the whole amount and before due date. Nothing is pending. I CLEARED ALL BILLS AND UNBILLED USAGE ON BOTH MY NUMBERS.

I got couple of complaint numbers after I called on 111 from a friends number. The person attending to the call said I would get the numbers freed up in 24 hours and then I got an SMS stating that I will get an answer to my query by Monday and the SMS includes the same complaint numbers which the rep gave me on phone.

[protected]--complaint number [protected]

[protected]--complaint number [protected]

I got a call today from their so called 'Retention Departmen' with a new plan offer. I got a same call couple of days back. They have me inceident numbers: [protected] and [protected]. I called back their 198 number to check if the offer they were telling is true. And, guess what-- it was a lie. They did not add anything to the current package.

The call I got today claimed that I will have new plan with more minutes and it will be done in 24 hours. I dont want such an offer. In fact, I dont do business with liars.

Also, when I asked about the barring calls from my number [protected] to their customer service... they said it is a technical issue. They infact blocked me after I complained about the huge bill I got. And, trust, me I was not rude when I complained.

Vodafone--your right hand does not know what the left hand does.

Vodafone Indiadelay in activation of connection

I am using a Vodafone connection for the past 3 and half year. On 25th of February 2011 I got a call from Vodafone. They said i'll be getiing an add-on connection form Vodafone free of cost, will I be interested for that. I said Ok.Then on 28th of Feb 2011 a Vodafone Agent came to me and collected all the documents and gave me a New SIM card and told me it will get activated with in 24 hours.The on the same evening I got a call from their customer care asking about verification and she told me that with in next 24hrs the number will be activated.

I waited for 3 days but it didn't get activated.So I called the customer care and asked them why it is getting delayed but they said they don't have the information about that particular number as it is not updated in their database. They asked me to go to the nearest Vodafone Store and inquire about the same.So the next morning i went to the Vodafone Store, they said we will verify and call you back sir.But they didn't called me.So next day again I went to that store and the manager of that store gave me another SIM card with the same number and said it will be activated with in 24 hrs. today it is 10th if March 2011 and it is still not activated.When ever I am calling that Vodafone agent, he is not picking my call.

I have not seen such a bad service in my whole life.
                      It is already 11 days and the Vodafone people are not able to activate a number .

Vodafone Indiaharassment of customet beyond compare

My latest communication to the Brand:
                        Despite providing all details to your Nodal and Appellate Offices no action, I repeat NO ACTIO has been taken till date.
                        Repeated commitments and promises have been made to visit and resolve my issue but not a single person is interested in resolving the issue .
                        This is very clear from the hoard of complaints against Vodafone on all websites.
                        I have personally spoken with Mr. Kumar at your Appellate more than six times, but received nothing but false promises.
                        I had threatened to stop payment on three earlier occasions but as a dutiful citizen/Customer each time relented and paid the full payment on my own accord and risk of believing Vodafone.
                        This time I am prepared to pay for litigation and all legal expenses to ensure a Customer is given Justice.
                        All my patience and efforts to accommodate your harassment have come to an end.
                        Or prove to me that you have addressed my complaint justly, fairly and lived up to the commitments given by responsible persons in your Organization.
                        If you have NOT I demand compensation for all the harassment, inconvenience and mental agony meted out to me from December 2009 till date.
                        THIS WILL BE MY LAST AND FINAL CORRESPONDANCE IN THIS REGARD.
                        I am moving forward to redress my complaint at every level in the Country to ensure Customers are not taken for a ride by unscrupulous, thieving service providers like you...
                        Vodafone Customers BEWARE of this frodulant Service Provider...
                        M E Joseph
                        Vodafone No.+91-[protected]

• vodafoneindia Feb 15, 2011

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for writing in to us. We would like to inform you that we are looking into the issue and will get back to you at the earliest. Please email us at vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com if you require any further assistance. We're happy to help!

Kind Regards,
                            Vodafone Customer Care, Chennai.

Vodafone Indiabad service

To: rashna.[protected]@vodafone.com
                          Subject: ### all service
                          Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:53:46 +0530

Hi,

I tried to send below mentioned code via SMS on 111 but got a message to call 22222. However, while calling this number get a message stating, "The number is busy. Please hold the line" but automatically the call got disconnected. I called 4 times on this number and still get the same message. What the ### is going on? Do you have any explanation? No. Then what the hell are you doing? Why the hell are you testing my patience? I can only control myself upto certain level but not below that. Can I get e-mail address of Vodefone India CEO or do I need to take this matter in the media i.e. TV, Newspaper?

Caller Line Identification Presentation

ACT CLIP

Mahesh Waghamare

Mahesh007 Nov 12, 2010

Hi,

Did not receive any reply? What is going on?

To: vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com
                              Subject:
                              Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:30:40 +0530

This is Mahesh Waghamare. My phone number is [protected]. I am using this number since last 4-5 years. I got an sms stating, "Pls submit your documents". I have 2 flats one at Mulund and 1 at Virar. Currently, I am residing at Virar but the Sim card is of Mumbai. Hence, I came to Mulund to submit the documents. Your executive has checked the documents and my number and said that the number belongs to your mother. Hence, she needs to come to the store to submit the documents. My mother is residing at my village. She cannnot come to Mumbai because the climate does not suit her and doctor suggested to stay at village. I am using this number since last 4-5 years. Whenever, I call your support number they ask for my details and I provide my details and not my mothers details. And after providing my details they assist me. If the number belong to my mother then why do you guys assisted me after providing my details. How do your realise that the number belongs to my mother after 4-5 years? Were you sleeping for 4-5 years?
                              Now, my outgoing calls are stopped and Caller identification is also deactivated. Please let me know if you could start caller identification and outgoing calls within a day. Please reply today because if you are not ready to start caller identification and outgoing calls then I can move the some other subscribers such as Airtel, Dolphin, Tata Indicom etc. I deal in shares and without phone it is impossible for me to trade in stock market.
                              Note: I have replied to your SMS last week on 6789 and 6790 but did not receive any call. It seems that you do not belive in customer satisfaction. Please issue n number of Sim cards to terrorists and pls trouble geniune customers like me.

Please reply asap. So that I can decide my action plan.
                              Thanks for all the trouble.

Mahesh007 Nov 12, 2010

To: rashna.[protected]@vodafone.com
                              Subject: Blank call issue
                              Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:49:23 +0530

Hi,

This is Mahesh Waghamare. My Phone number is [protected]. My caller identification is cancelled since last 1 month. Whenever, anybody calls me, I get it as unknown (No number or name). I am getting lot of missed calles as well as blank calls. I do not know who is trying to test my patience. I am already suffering from my personal issues and this one adds to it. I would request you to active my caller identification or send me the detail list of missed called, attended calls and black calles with date and time. My patience level is decreasing. If required, I will commit suicide and put a note that I am doing it due to the kind of service and trouble that I am getting from you and your company.

Mahesh Waghamare

Vodafone India (Kerala)mobile phone recharge amount not credited to account

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to complain about the customer service of Vodafone India (Kerala). I recharged my mobile phone account with Rs. 550 on 3 February 2010 but the amount has still not been credited to my account. The customer service number (Vodafone Kerala: [protected]) which I was given by Vodfone in Mumbai has never worked ever since 3 February, and Vodafone Maharashtra say that it is to be rectified by Vodafone in Kerala. Because it is impossible to call them on a non functioning number, I sent them an email requesting their help in sorting out the issue but I have not got any reply from them except an automated reply saying that they will sort out the matter within 2 working days. That deadline has passed.

I had taken a new prepaid line last year in Kerala (No. [protected]). I have come to Maharashtra for a month, and paid a local vendor (at a Vodafone Mini Mart) Rs. 550 to recharge my account on 3rd. February 2010. After the whole process I got a message from Vodafone saying : “Your account has been refilled successfully by INR 0.0” Your Kerala Circle prepaid account balance is 171.83. Transaction ID is RM09224182100. This was from the Message Centre at 16:54:19 on 3-Feb-2010.

This amount of 171.83 was what I had already. So in spite of paying the amount and after the payment was processed and the account was “refilled successfully” ( according to the message from Vodafone at 16:54:18), I have so far not had the amount credited to my account.

The local Vodafone contacts numbers say it has to be sorted out by the Kerala Vodafone authorities. They said to contact [protected]. This number has been non functional since the time I started having this problem, and there has been no customer care or response at all.

I shall be grateful if this matter can be publicised and the public made aware of the poor (or rather, non existent) customer service that Vodaphone (in Kerala) has been giving.

Thanking you,

Yours Sincerely

Dr. Philip Koshy

• vodafoneindia Mar 09, 2010

Hi Philip,

We believe all your concerns have been addressed by our customer care team. Do e-mail us at vodafonecare.[protected]@vodafone.com for any further queries. We would be happy to help.

Regards,
                                Kerala Vodafone Customer Care.

noufalhajikkvl Sep 17, 2012

i am noufal from kozhikkode.my vodafone number is [protected], [protected] i wand internet.before i am using internet.now two weeks not available.becuase internet settings no.two weeks i am calling custmor care not give me settings why?i do no. pls give me settings

• vodafoneindia Sep 24, 2012

Hello Noufal,

Thank you for writing to us. We will get back to you in a short while to address your concern.

Regards,
                                Vodafone Customer Care, Kerala.

Vodafone Indianon provision of roaming in saudi arabia by vodafone

The company failed to provide roaming in saudi arabia after topping up with sufficient money and following all technical and procedural guidelines, the phone calls, faxes, mails, all went un answered and everytime we visited personally no responsible person came forward and replied. It is a pathetic brand do not believe what they say. If anyone needs proof all documents are available.

Vodafone IndiaPoor service

Dear Mr. Sukhvinder ;

I trust this message finds you at your best.

I wrote you before regarding the problem I faced but -No - it is not over, after those two days again yor company has disconnected calls- out going and incoming as well.

Why your company is failure for providing the services I paid for- in due date.

Although I wrote to Mr. Sanjoy ( advised by Consumer helpline) but no response,
                                Also the case is being informing right from first week of August and suffering from the last week of July; 2009

Today your contact no. is going busy for last two hours.

Hope you will understand my problem and look into the matter.

Or Shall I forget Vodafone.

Sincerely

Dr. Anita Ghosh

Associate professor,

Aditi college, Delhi University, Delhi.

Vodafone Indiafraud by vodafone

I had a Vodafone Corporate account ([protected]) till the time I was aemployed with my previous organization. I had resigned on Feb 3, 2009. In Feb 2009 I therefore called customer service(on Feb 11, 2009) and requested for a permanent deactivation of the account as I had resigned and was switching to an Airtel connected provided by my organization. Customer service confirmed that the number will be permanently deactivated and that I should just destroy the sim card. Post that I had paid the relevant outstanding on the account by the due date, destroyed the sim card and ended the relationship with Vodafone.

On 28th June after returning from a week long vacation out of Gurgaon, I was surprised to get a Vodafone invoice (# [protected] Dated 15.06.09) for Rs. 7108.59 with a due date of July 3rd.
                                  The invoice showed that there were extensive calls including STD and ISD that had been made from the account in the months of May and June'09!

On the same day, I immediately called customer service to highlight the discrepancy and lodge a fraud/dispute case. I was connected to Kulwinder from the Retention team. I was shocked to hear what he said about the account. The key points that he mentioned are mentioned below.

He said the account was temporarily disconnected on Feb 11, 2009 (and not permanently deactivated as I had asked. He could not give a reason for this discrepancy).
                                  He the conveyed that someone claiming to be ME, called up on 11th April and asked for reactivation of the account. His request was turned down at that time.
                                  The person again called and spoke to the retention team on 17th April and asked for the reactivation.
                                  On 15th May, the person went to the main Vodafone outlet at Rajiv Chowk and submitted all paperwork including address proof, ID proof etc claiming to be Sayantan Mukherji i.e. ME and his documents were accepted at the store!
                                  Subsequently a new sim card was issued to him and the account has been again in use till then!

Kulwinder's attitude firstly was extremely curt, hovering around rude. He was constantly referring to me as if I was at fault. He did not even lodge a dispute case and was not even agreeing to a request to deactivate the account. It was only when I gave him a piece of my mind that he disconnected the number and again, only temporarily ( Deactivation ticket # [protected]).

I have written to Vodafone as well. They have finally provided in writing that they have disconnected the number but have still not resolved the dispute in my favour and have rather asked to pay up the full outstanding.

Request you to please look into my case. Vodafone should be pulled up for negligence of services and causing harassment & pain to me!

• Dr
                                      Dr. Anita ghosh Aug 11, 2009

Why Vodafone need to cheat poor people?

This is my second complaint _;

Mobile No; [protected] & [protected]
                                      I advised my attendants to buy Vodafone number since it is merged with Hutch Company which has reputation, poor fellows spurchased them but now they are facing problem because they are cheated by the company, company inserted music without any consent of the mobile owner and deducted 14 Rs. from left amount, then 31 Rs. when he recharged with Rs. 60/-(Mobile -[protected])

second attendant recharged Rs. 50 and deducted Rs. 35/_(mobile-[protected])

Once again I request and suggest pls. earn name and let people happily .
                                      Hope concern people to be helped.

Sincerely
                                      Dr. Anita Ghosh

• Ga
                                      gauravmardia Oct 10, 2013

Dear Rajashree,

Thanks for your mail. I regret to inform you though, the 30% discount offered is rather insulting to me. I am not asking for discount. I am asking to revoke the false charges altogether!!!
                                      I have been using the service for close to 15 years now and have contributed to huge revenue on Vodafones part.

I have been cheated and taken advantage of for being an old customer.
                                      Over the past 2-3 years, I have been using yearly internet plan and pay for it annually also. Suddenly one fine day Vodafone decides to disconnect my yearly subscription and switch me over to open usage rates when I have not even asked for it. I have not been informed or taken authorization for disconnection of yearly plan or activation of full rate usage.
                                      You can see in the account details that I have been using data services for the last few years, yet your representatives insist that there was and is no data plan active on my number. I find this highly questionable and dishonest.

I am really shocked and appalled by the business ethics employed by a supposedly consumer driven company.

Once again, I will not be held responsible for your internal miscommunication and dishonest methods.

I am attaching the mail I sent to you and a few other consumer protection organizations.

I really do not wish to waste any more time on this issue since it has already been pending for almost 2 months now. I hope you do not force me to consult my legal department or escalate the issue on social media sites and gather more vodafone consumers who have been duped and cheated in a similar way.

I hope you can reverse the fraudulent charges immediately and restore my phone services to its usual setting.

Sincerely,
                                      Mr. Mardia.

Dear Sir,

I regret to let you know that I am suffering from the worst kind of customer service from Vodafone than I've ever experienced in my life.

The charges mentioned on my account are fraudulent and false and I will not be liable to pay for Vodafones errors/mistakes/frauds.
                                      Relationship No- 1.5011367
                                      Mobile No- [protected]

I have called my relationship manager more than 15 times and with no resolution of the problem. Every time I am assured that I will receive a call 'within 24 hours" and till date I am still to receive any calls from Vodafone.

I have been falsely charged the amount of Rs. 7538.97, which has now increased even more with your fraudulent charges; under the pretext that I had called up vodafone 6 months in advance and asked for deactivation of my internet plan 6 months into the future and apparently Vodafone took my request for 6 months in the future. This is the kind of unbelievable lies I was told by the representative. Shocking as it sounds, it is complete lies.

On calling again, I was told a different story that there was some technical error on vodafone side and they messed up the data account and did not switch me over to the plan renewal and instead decided without my knowledge or permission to deactivate my currently used data plan and charge me full data rates without any plan.

It has now been over a month and several calls from my side with no resolution. As frustrating and appalling as Vodafone has made the situation, I would like a final resolution of the problem or a switchover to another service provider.

Sincerely,
                                      Mr. Mardia.

• Tt
                                      T Tarunkumar Apr 07, 2015

A week back a guy named Usman Khan having mobile No.[protected] visited my branch office at Sanpada and handed a new sim card to one of my staff for Rs.500/-, stating a new scheme has been launched by Vodafone, which they thought that the scheme was very handsome. They then further placed a new order for 5 more cards, each
                                      @ 500/- and further he was asked to deliver the same at the head office of our company at Vashi.

When I enquired with Usman as to what was his company name, he said it was GLOBAL DIRECT from Chembur. So I enquired him about more plans which he was a reluctant to disclose. when we told him that every body would not be in a position to take up that plan, he hesitatingly gave told us about 2 more plans which were similar to the previous plan only that the monthly rentals were smaller. When I tried to enquire in detail and requested him to explain us what the difference was between all the plans, he got wild and started to act as if he was obliging us. He instead said, we should speak to his boss on mobile [protected] and left my office even without informing and intimating us.

when I called up his boss on the said no.[protected], his boss told us that Usman is very short tempered and that he was very sorry for his temperement and behaviour. He further assured me saying that he would send him without fail the next day with the balance 4 /5 cards and a new set of available mobile nos..

He, Usman Khan brought the cards and deligently handed over the cards to our Head office at Vashi. He also begged and cried saying he was very sorry for his yesterdays behaviour. He also told us that this was this was his first job after graduation and had joined just 2 months back. He also starting crying saying that he had lot of family problems, viz.his father was just a steel polisher working at CST and had a younger brother was studying in 8th std. and his mother was just a house wife. He also told us they were going thru some financial problems at home. We felt sorry for his / their plight and on good faith obliged him by giving him that order for 5 more new sim cards and accordingly paid him also.

He informed us that, next day there would be a confirmation call at 11:30 am sharp from Vodafone and by evening and the sim cards will get activated.

But fortunately, just out of curiosity when we called all the 5 newly supplied mobile nos. we found that all the cards which were issued to us were already being used by some other people. Further, we were shocked to hear a voice at the other end. We tried talking and enquiring with those people on the other end as to whether they were surrendering their mobile nos.. they gave a stern reply as NO.

That was the time, we knew that this Usman Khan and his boss were just frauds. We have been trying to get in touch with them since yesterday. But, again we found that those both the nos. were switched off.

We even tried calling up Vodafone, but the moment we took GLOBAL DIRECT, Chembur name they disconnected our call / phone.

Can anybody advise on further recourse to be taken against such frauds.