Vital Source Technologies / Course Smart Logo

Vital Source Technologies / Course Smart

Having problems with Vital Source Technologies / Course Smart?

+1 855 200 4146 (United States)
+44 800 802 1506 (United Kingdom)
+61 871 113 343 (Australia)
227 Fayetteville Street, Suite 400

United Kingdom
Chapter House, Pitfield, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes, MK11 3LW

Australia
1246 Heil Quaker Blvd, Unit A1/A3, 7 Janine Street, VIC 3179, Australia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vital Source Technologies / Course Smart.

Complaints & Reviews

Vitalsource Coursesmart — Refund

I paid $50 for an access code to go with a textbook on the Coursesmart website. I searched using the name of...

Course SmartRefund

I returned the e-book Contemporary Canadian Business Law, 9th Edition© 2009 by John A. Willes John H. Willes
ISBN: [protected] • [protected]
on 22/05/2011and requested a refund from CourseSmart, from whom I purchased it. I received an e-mail attached below to the effect of escalating the issue, assigning it a ticket, and assuring me to send another e-mail to confirm the refund in 24-48 hours. I am yet to receive the confirmation of refund as of 26/05/2011. In the meantime, I contacted them several times but they were unable to assist in any way. Could you please inform me how I should proceed to receive the refund from ?

Refund
Refund

• Sh
      sh123az Jun 12, 2011

They refunded me less than full amount a few days ago and cite exchange rate.

CourseSmart.comDeceptive Web site

Profs, do NOT use CourseSmart to get exam copies of etexts. It's a waste of time. CourseSmart's Web site is so deceptive that using the site wastes precious time for instructors. First, Web designers need to become aware that there are TWO computer platforms, and Macintoshes are becoming more widespread. If text overlaps or forms aren't usable in Firefox, Mac users are not served. But while the design is problematic, the content is more so. In several areas of the site, including the "How It Works" page, it clearly states that all that is needed to obtain exam copies of etexts is to locate them and click on REQUEST. Supposedly, the etext will be added to your MyBookshelf area.

I attempted to order an etext for examination Saturday. After hitting request, I was taken to a page that stated that my etext had been added to . . . I couldn't read where it was "added" because the site works only on Explorer; on Firefox, sections overlap. After checking my download folder and MyBookShelf several times, I contacted customer "service" via chat. In connecting to chat, I was asked for the nature of my problem, and I indicated I had problems downloading.

I was connected to some untrained, ignorant, useless customer "service" person (which is repetitive considering how useless most customer "service" departments are). I was told I had to contact the sales rep for the publishing company for an exam copy of the etext. I explained that the publisher's site directed me to CourseSmart or I wouldn't have know of their existence. I told him what happened and explained that my etext was supposedly added . . . to something I couldn't read. Again, he repeated that I could not obtain exam copies from CourseSmart and had to contact the publishing rep. I asked why the Web site had a REQUEST button if we couldn't request copies, and why I got a message saying the etext was somewhere if it wasn't possible to order an exam copy through the site? I was given the typical corporate "that's not my job" answer. A supervisor came on the line, but all he did was repeat that I had to contact the publisher.

Don't bother with this site. It's just another company that provides no service and has no reason to exist.

Vital Source Technologies / Course Smart — Online scam

I thought I had found a way to purchase my textbook for half the price by downloading an e-book. However...