VipTravel & Certs IncRipoff

R Review updated:

Stay away from both these companies! We did everything they said in terms of sending the forms & the supposedly refundable deposits. We haven't heard a single thing from VIP Travel & the one measly phone call from Certs Inc tells us that the dates we had chosen were wrong. So now Certs says we would need to attend another stinking 2hour rip off timeshare presentation & then wait til two weeks before our departure before we would receive any sort of confirmation of our trip at all. Stay, stay away from these phony stinking companies. I hope VIP TRAVEL RESERVATIONS & CERTS INC rot in hell!!!

• A
      Jul 21, 2009

Really? I don't know anything about Cert's Inc, but I just got back from staying in GA with this company on one of there certificates, and I received my refund of my deposit already... are you sure you did everything right? It worked like clock work for me. I really don't hope VIP rots anywhere, they were wonderful to me!

• N
      Aug 22, 2009

Those are very strong words for someone tryint to get something for free. Mainly they are 2 different companies, and while I can not vouch for Certs inc I can say that I did get the hotel certs from VIP as well. and with my confirmation for my hotel stay in Lake Tahoe I recieved my dinner gift card good at Olive Garden and several other restaurants as well as the gas rebate card. I stayed at the hotel and afterwards got my deposit back, only paying taxes at the hotel, I used the dinner card at Long Horn Steak House, and the gas rebate card you had to sign up forr their trial offers, and it's in 10 dollar increments, I gave it to my 3 year old to play with. No the less I got my 2 night hotel stay and $30 off my dinner at the steak house for $23.78, I'm happy. VIP travel was great to me, the only advise I can offer is try and call 'em.

• K
      Oct 13, 2009

I'm sorry sir, I can see here what your saying certs did, which we (VIP Travel) have NOTHING to do with, but can I ask why we are included here. Normally people at least put their names, in hopes that something will come from these boards. You on the other had simply wrote reallymad, which is apparent, but leaves me no way to reference your file. I'd love to help if possible, but you stated nothing here we did wrong, or that we can fix. [protected] opt 6, my name is Kim, I'm the supervisor in the airfare department at VIP, and I'd love to help if I can. ;)

• L
      Oct 20, 2009

Not sure about Certs, but VIP Travel in Port Orange, FL was very helpful and efficient in booking my travel plans! I'm sorry if you had a bad experience but you may want to be a little more specific, and I'm sure VIP Travel would help, they were eager to help my family and I.

• J
      Nov 03, 2009

I did not buy into the time share company that solicited us, but I was able to use 2 of the 3 gifts they gave us, and that was the 2 through VIP for air travel and car rental. I just received my confirmations in the mail for both and will be going to minneapolis for 6 days to see my sister and her family for christmas. I'm very excited that VIP was able to come through for us.

• B
      Nov 12, 2009

I received a Certs certificate for two round trip air tickets after attending a time share presentation. I sent in the required $100 for taxes and fees. Three months later they wanted $50 more so I opted not to continue and they said they would refund my original $100. That was in July. I have talked to them twice on the phone and was assured "the checks in the mail". I also sent two e-mails which were never answered. It is mid November and I'm finally calling the Florida Attorney General

• G
      Nov 18, 2009

I didn't see anything wrong with the timeshare presentation that I went to, they kept it to 90 minutes as they promised me, but it just doesn't fit in the budget right now. I was also very happy with my experience from VIP travel! I've been in the service industry for over 20 years and these people get a bad rap cause I'm sure they can't please everyone. But they have a hard job, and seem to me are very good at what they do! I hope to use them again in the near future, economy permitting! I didn't however have an opportunity of working with "Certs Inc" so I'm not sure about them.

• C
      Dec 23, 2009

Happy Holidays, I think! and while I don't know about Certs Inc, I really hope VIP Travel doesn't "Rot in hell." I had a certificate with VIP, but my presentation was with a company up here. I had the certificate for 2 airline tickets, which I used to go to Salt Lake City at the beginning of the month, and I got a 7 day car rental which I used last month in Florida. The people at VIP were very helpful and efficient and I will be using them again in the future. Both of my certificates did say that they had to be sent certified mail though, which I did with my deposits, and then just had to send in the dates I wanted, it worked great for me.

• K
      Apr 26, 2010

BDCerts: I'm sorry, but VIP Travel is not the same as Certs, I hope everything turned out ok for you, but we don't work with or have access to their certificates.

and gyllang and christicoussa thank you so much for the kind words and please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you in the future.

• S
      Dec 22, 2010

I'm not sure who Certs is, out certificates came from Grand Somebody and were honored by VIP. I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.

• T
      Jan 20, 2011

Well reallymad, it would have worked out great for us. I had a certificate for a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise during low season. We ended up not being able to use it because my wife had to have surgery. But the reservation process seemed fairly cut and dry, mail certified the registration form with a $99 deposit, request dates, be told what the availability is, and in my case have to decline and request a refund :( But yes I did receive my refund. All is good, I just hope we get to utilize the certificate next time if given the chance!

• C
      Jan 27, 2011

I'm curious what exactly is your point other than you are really mad... about what?? I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.