Vip Travel Reservations, IncSCAM

I

This company VIP distributes "2 Fly Free" tickets + 1 week free Rental Car if you listen to a presentation by GEVC (Global Exchange Vacation Club). They also give you 2 nights accomodations in Las Vegas.
THIS IS A SCAM! We sent in our Cashiers Check ONLY for the tax...that needed to be sent in Certified Mail. We overlooked that, but odd that VIP still received it, then returned it to us stating that we were no longer qualified for the air tickets because it was passed the 21 day window to submit...I am grateful I got my money back. ($150)
The Las Vegas giveaway is for some dive hotels, and from reading other blogs, is another SCAM. I've requested my money back ($30).
I have also notified GEVC that my bank will not pay them, I refuse to do business with any company that SCAMS the public like that. I've had to change my Credit Card because I fear they will try anything to get money from whomever they can.They have closed up shop in San Jose, but are still running in Napa.

• Ad
    Adams a travler Aug 22, 2009

The airline tickets worked great for me, got to spend 10 nights with my sister in Texas on VIP. Don't blame other people for your own mistake! I followed the rules and it did work, and VIP was wonderful! I don't know who GEVC is, but I can tell you sending it by certified mail was the very first thing I read on my certificate. You should REALLY not blame other people because you have problems reading! Thank you VIP

• Lt
    <3brkr Sep 01, 2009

LOL!!! Are you REALLY complaining because you didn't follow the rules and it was denied!!! YOU HAVE BALLS! I mean really imagine if we all just got to walk around and do what we felt was important with no regard for others and if it didn't work out for us then we'd get mad at everyone else because we were the putz... that's like complaining to the sherriffs station because a cop pulls you over for speeding, grow up!

As for me I DID follow the rules as they were written and I signed saying I would, and it worked! Imagine that, you do what they ask, you get what you want funny how that happens; you should really try it some time.

• Be
    beltzoff Sep 10, 2009

I was totally happy with my experience with VIP Travel! They were very knowledgeable and efficient in helping me book my vacation... and I went to Las Vegas since you mentioned it... But I do kind of agree with ther person before me, if you didn't follow the rules you have noone to blame except izabel... Your not my concern tho, thank you VIP!

• Bu
    Busygal Oct 24, 2009

Who cares about the free gift... how about the program? Every complaint I have read was about the stupid free gift...get over it. I figured the company buys these travel gifts in bulk and what every you get you get, so what. Who cares about that . You people are missing the big picture. The program is great, I bought it and have counted the savings over a lifetime of vacations. I have already gone on my dream vacations. I had 3. Have any of you? The cash savings is incredible and I am looking forward to my weekend get away coming up soon.

jamiiolson Nov 03, 2009

I didn't use GEVC, I used another one and Dream something and it was just way to high pressure for me, and all "This is your oNLY chance, if you want it you MUST act now..." I can't buy something like that! I did however redeem the certificates they gave me through VIP and just received my confirmation for both the air travel and the car rental. I'm very glad VIP was able to come through for us.

christicoussa Dec 23, 2009

Happy Holidays! I had a certificate with VIP, but my presentation was with a company up here. I had the certificate for 2 airline tickets, which I used to go to Salt Lake City at the beginning of the month, and I got a 7 day car rental which I used last month in Florida. But I didn't get anything for Las Vegas. The people at VIP were very helpful and efficient and I will be using them again in the future. Both of my certificates did say that they had to be sent certified mail though, which I did with my deposits, and then just had to send in the dates I wanted, it worked great for me.

• Ki
    Kim at VIP Jan 21, 2010

Izabel: while the Las Vegas trip has nothing to do with our company, I can address your stuff being sent back to you. It had nothing to do with the 21 day expiration date. Number 1 of the terms and conditions, in the first sentence, state the certificate must be sent in by certified mail. The last term on the page goes on to state if all terms and conditions are not met the certificate will become null and void. Furthermore, VIP does not distribute certificates if you listen to a presentation. These certificates are sold through marketing companies to hundreds of vendors including travel presentations, Mary K sales agents, local group raffles, car dealerships, and many others. We do not work directly with any of the sponsors, in your case, GEVC, nor do we solicit people for theirs, or anyone's sales pitch.

• Cl
    CLFergusen Apr 29, 2010

Here's another one! I'm so baffled by all of you. I don't understand how this stuff spews so easily from your mouths. The majority of you are complaining because YOU didn't follow the rules, certified mail, the form wasn't filled in, requested a holiday... I'm wondering how any of you got thru school as I know none of my teachers let me just not follow the rules and get away with it... bottom line the person initiating this and the majority of those commenting on it should have been spanked more as children.

I on the other hand have or had three certificates with vip: air tickets, car rental, and 2 night motel. I feel I've gotten more than my time and monies worth so I'd go ahead and put something credible about these people. So far they coordinated our car and the motel stay for the same time this spring, getting us 3 more nights in the motel at a reasonable rate and upgrading our car to a standard size cheaper than I could have myself. My air I didn't request till August and wont hear for a bit yet, but feel they have already done a lot for me.

I however, unlike most of you, REALLY DID follow the instructions.

Savan5 Dec 22, 2010

I didn't get the air or car rental and I didn't get mine from GEVC, I believe it was from Grand something - I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.

• Ge
    gergesj Jan 04, 2011

Seems we had something similar, ours had to be sent in certified mail, which we did and all was fine. I had their Fly USA certificate as well as a 7 day car rental and it cost us $131 for the air and $59 for the car. We also paid an additional $23 to upgrade our car rental. It all seemed to work very well for us for our trip to Portland to see our grand kids.

• Bl
    BLOE1 Jan 11, 2011

Bummer! I had the two airline tickets, I didn't get the car rental the company offered because I guess that was only if you responded in a specified amount of time. oh well, I sent my stuff in, (yes it was by certified mail) they sent me 3 green sheets, one was the travel request form, I filled it out and sent it back. It asked for two dates and destinations, but I really only wanted one but i called and they said this was okay but it would be based on availability. Alexia called me yesterday and offered it to me, it cost me $166 and I got exactly what we needed. I called today just to be sure and it is all booked. Just waiting on my confirmation and the $75 gift card that came with it now.

• Wi
    WINKING RENE Jan 25, 2011

Mine had nothing to do with Las Vegas and my deposits were $175 total, but otherwise I had 2 certificates one for a car for 7 days and one for air line tickets for 2 adults. I've used the car last month and my air is officially booked for March. I'm pretty happy with all of it, all I can say, is ya, follow the rules, they can be kinda hard to get a hold of, and you'll get further if ya just call back rather then leave a message. Those are my tips to anyone having trouble cause both my certificates did work out for me.

• Ck
    CKoontzi Jan 27, 2011

I didn't have anything for Las Vegas either, that must have been through someone else, I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.

• Lu
    luvsAcruise! Feb 25, 2011

You probably should have looked further in to it. I got 2 certificates one for a 7 night cruise and 1 for airfare that could be used together. The first time I screwed it up and I didn't sent them in certified mail and tried my hardest, begged, pleaded, threatened, everything and they wouldn't take it, it was void. I went back to the people I got it from they gave me new ones, I sent them in and the first date was not available but the second was. They booked my air to Ft. Lauderdale, the booked my cruise to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, and they booked me an extra night in Ft. Lauderdale before my cruise at a good rate. So, it isn't a scam they will book you but I can vouch for it when you say yes, YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

Matheny00 Jun 17, 2013

Izabell is obviously someone that does not follow directions and is made because "She" made the error... next time she goes to get a free giveaway maybe she will follow the directions.