Vip Travel Reservations Incrip off company

E

How many negative stars can we place. my wife and i have tried for over a year since we gave them our deposit money. about once every 2 months we placed our reservation request and they would send us a letter saying that date was not avaiable. sometimes we even put in dates every month. and always got the not available letter. today we got a letter from our last request saying that they are sorry but if this was processed it takes 60 days and that will make our certificate expired so we must now apply to try and get our deposit back...WE MUST APPLY TO GET THE DEPOSIT BACK???? why dont they just send it. so now they have made interest off our money, , we have to apply to get it back (just the money and noi interest due us...DO NOT DUE BUSINESS WITH VIP TRAVEL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME. I STILL DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY STAYS IN BUSINESS. COMON PEOPLE LETS GET MOTIVATED AND PUT THEM UNDER!!!

• Be
    Beatrice Kwoka Dec 11, 2012

We received a voucher for a 2 night 3 day Marriott stay with 2 round trip airfare tickets for going to a Marriott travel club talk. We followed all the instructions and sent in a certified $100.00 check with the voucher to VIP. After a year sending in many date requests they always said they were unable to fullfil our request due to non availability. At the end of the year, when the voucher was about to expire we requested the return of our $100.00. After three months and many calls to VIP we finally received $80.00 stating that they keep $20.00 for booking fees, which they were never able to book us. I feel this is a scam and finding out this has happened to many many other people that this situation that this situation need to be investigated. We feel that they never attempted to fulfill our request and we should not be charged for something that they did nothing about. Please respond to this situation.

Comments

Janice H Sep 01, 2011

My husdand and I sat through a 90 minute no obligation presentation. We were being promised an 8 day, 7 night cruise and 2 free roundtrip plane tickets both within the continental US. We both sat with a sales rep(sponsor) and declined the offer of VIP Travel Reservations. We were handed forms for the cruise and airfare and were told to fill out and mail in the forms. I filled out forms, with the forms I sent $99.00 money orderfor the cruise and $75.00 for airfare both refundable and in the time frame required
    I waited to hear from them. I receiveda letter 39 days after i mailed the forms. The letter stated Unfortunatedly we were unable to activate you form(s) since not all the Terms and Conditions were met and as a result we have little choice but to return the paperwork to you.I call them and ask why. I was told to read the Terms and Conditions. I did reread the terms and conditions and finding that I did not send the forms and money orders by certified US mail they were not bounded to honor the terms. I did miss the certified mail in the terms and conditions BUT on the PRINTED form itself it read Mail completed form to: VIP Travel Reservations, Inc 4606 S. Clyde Morris Blvd. Suite 1P Port Orange, Fl 32129. It DID NOT mention CERTIFIED US MAIL on the form. I just wanted other people to know what happened so this will NOT happen to someone else and that VIP Travel Reservation will be honorable in their actions in the future. This was their OUT so they did not have to issue the cruise or airfare as promised. I thought I did everything RIGHT, just make sure you read and reread so you get everything right. Janice H

AndreaL Aug 09, 2011

My husband and I are in the process of using VIP now (yes, free certificate for air fare and cruise). We sent the deposit (which was in black and white so thus far I don't feel I've been scammed). Our first date was not available and the second is about 6 weeks away (for airfare). The two dates we chose for cruises are October and December. I'll keep everyone posted. I can say I have communicated with them via email and they readily respond. If it pans out - great. If not, I'll go through the process to get my deposits back. Andrea and Mike L.

Joe Kellz Jul 16, 2011

Hello, I just did the 90 minute presentation thing and received my two gifts. I have airline tickets for two and a 7 night cruise for two. Can anyone tell give me an idea of how much the extra fees were? I.E., port fees, taxes, etc. I would love more info before sending any money to this company. Thanks.

• Lu
    luvsAcruise! Feb 24, 2011

I got 2 certificates one for a 7 night cruise and 1 for airfare that could be used together. The first time I screwed it up and I didn't sent them in certified mail and tried my hardest, begged, pleaded, threatened, everything and they wouldn't take it, it was void. I went back to the people I got it from they gave me new ones, I sent them in and the first date was not available but the second was. They booked my air to Ft. Lauderdale, the booked my cruise to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, and they booked me an extra night in Ft. Lauderdale before my cruise at a good rate. So, it isn't a scam they will book you but I can vouch for it when you say yes, YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

• Ck
    CKoontzi Jan 26, 2011

I had 2 certificates 1 for air line tickets and the other for a 7 day cruise. I opted to use them separately. My tickets are booked for the end of March to Indianapolis and cost me all taxes and fees right at 1/3 of what I'm used to. My cruise I requested for September out of my local port, Port Canaveral. I'm a local and got my certificate from PDI and so far most everything has seemed very reasonable and has worked good.

• Ty
    tyler Mac Jan 20, 2011

I didn't have to send in multiple requests, the travel request form I sent in asked for 3 date choices, they called me and had picked one of them, the only back and forth was the original certificate and that form. I had a certificate for a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise during low season. We ended up not being able to use it because my wife had to have surgery. But the reservation process seemed fairly cut and dry, mail certified the registration form with a $99 deposit, request dates, be told what the availability is, and in my case have to decline and request a refund :( But yes I did receive my refund. All is good, I just hope we get to utilize the certificate next time if given the chance!

• Ty
    tyler Mac Jan 20, 2011

My certificate was for a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise during low season. We ended up not being able to use it because my wife had to half surgery. But the reservation process seemed fairly cut and dry and yes I too had to send my certificate by certified mail.

• Bl
    BLOE1 Jan 11, 2011

Ed h, what type of certificate did you have, I found my experience to be nearly the exact opposite? I had the two airline tickets, I didn't get the car rental the company offered because I guess that was only if you responded in a specified amount of time. oh well, I sent my stuff in, they sent me 3 green sheets, one was the travel request form, I filled it out and sent it back. It asked for two dates and destinations, but I really only wanted one but i called and they said this was okay but it would be based on availability. Alexia called me yesterday and offered it to me, it cost me $166 and I got exactly what we needed. I called today just to be sure and it is all booked. Just waiting on my confirmation and the $75 gift card that came with it now.

• Bl
    BLOE1 Jan 11, 2011

I had the two airline tickets, I didn't get the car rental the company offered because I guess that was only if you responded in a specified amount of time. oh well, I sent my stuff in, (yes it was by certified mail) they sent me 3 green sheets, one was the travel request form, I filled it out and sent it back. It asked for two dates and destinations, but I really only wanted one but i called and they said this was okay but it would be based on availability. Alexia called me yesterday and offered it to me, it cost me $166 and I got exactly what we needed. I called today just to be sure and it is all booked. Just waiting on my confirmation and the $75 gift card that came with it now.

• Ba
    BarbJ Jan 05, 2011

I have to disagree with you, as me and my family would use them again and I would recommend them. I had the World Class Retreat promo, which included 2 nights hotel, a dinner card and a gas rebate certificate. I stayed at the Crown Plaza in New Orleans, it was a great hotel in a great locating right on Bourbon St. we had a Blast, I love this town, its a great place to live and visit!!! We got the dinner card and gas thing with our confirmation the dinner card we used at Olive Garden and it was just like a dinner card you would get as a gift, and the gas rebate is just that, it is through a different company though that is not VIP somebody promotions or something, I sent it in and I've gotten 2 rebates for $20 so far. some ups and downs but all in all a good experience.

• Ge
    gergesj Jan 04, 2011

Both of my certificate required certified mail, I had their Fly USA certificate as well as a 7 day car rental and it cost us $131 for the air and $59 for the car. We also paid an additional $23 to upgrade our car rental. It all seemed to work very well for us for our trip to Portland to see our grand kids.

Kim at VIP Jan 03, 2011

LollyQ: I was able to look up your file by your email, I am glad your trip was a success. I would like to let you know, more for other readers, that the later notice was due to your traveling with in the week before Christmas. Normally we do try to offer 30 - 45 days notice, but in your case, with limited availability it sometimes does take a little longer to get availability results. I do apologize for any inconvenience.

• Lo
    LollyQ Dec 21, 2010

I have no negative stars, seemingly like many of the others here, my experience was a good one. My certificate was for the 2 airline tickets. We got back from our trip last night. My only complaint is that the notice they gave me of my trip being available was inside a month from the dates we wanted. But who am I to complain, they came through even if I was getting a little nervous! They also booked a car for me while I was there and a hotel stay for the three nights I couldn't stay with my sister, both at a reasonable rate. I will use VIP again in the future.

• Lo
    LollyQ Dec 21, 2010

My certificate was just for the 2 airline tickets but did not include a hotel stay. We got back from our trip last night. My only complaint is that the notice they gave me of my trip being available was inside a month from the dates we wanted. But who am I to complain, they came through even if I was getting a little nervous! They also booked a car for me while I was there and a hotel stay for the three nights I couldn't stay with my sister, both at a reasonable rate. I will use VIP again in the future.

Kim at VIP Dec 20, 2010

Just wanted to say thank you for those of you with the nice comments which seems to be the majority. I am glad your travel plans were a success and hope that you will let us know in the future if we can assist in any of your travel needs.

• Ka
    kara0367 Sep 27, 2010

Reza,

My name is Kara and I work for VIP Travel Reservations, Inc. I checked on your file and found that your post mark date was 08/02/10 and it was received by my company on 08/05/10. It took us 15 business days to respond to you not 40 as you stated in your complaint. Regardless of whether we returned everything to you in 2 hours after receiving it or 2 weeks, you did not follow the terms of your certificates. The terms that you signed agreeing to follow, which voided your certificates. I am sorry if you feel that it is our fault, however our terms and conditions are very clear.

• Bo
    bokanizad Sep 07, 2010

My Name is Reza Bokanizad, In July 28, 1010 I got an invitation from Essential Vacations to join a real Estate seminar.The company who was doing seminar bought 2-airline tickets and 2 days hotel and $30 cash prize for the attending gests from " The VIP Travel Reservations Inc. In order to get my Gift, I followed all requirements and send $100 deposit to VIP. After 40 days I got a letter from VIP that indicating I did not sent my form and money via Certified mail !!!, They got my money and form and everything on time and looking for an excused to SCAM me on 2-Airline tickets and 2 days hotel and cash money. This is real fraud by this company claims they are in biz for 30 years. Ref#FLYRT100-50103

Comments

• Ca
    catywht Apr 30, 2010

Well I'm not posting a "fake positive review" and don't really appreciate you speaking on behalf of others you know nothing about. However, I did recently work with VIP and figured I would share with you my experience. I was very skeptical about the "free" offer from VIP, but after giving it a try they exceeded my expectations. They got me booked in the area I was looking for for my daughters graduation and got me the car rental at the same time to get there. From my deposits I was due back a refund of $34 which we received last week as promised. So all in all I have nothing bad to say. Thanks to VIP

• Cl
    CLFergusen Apr 29, 2010

I'm so baffled. I don't understand how this stuff spews so easily from your mouths. The majority of posts i see are complaining because YOU didn't follow the rules, certified mail, the form wasn't filled in, requested a holiday... I'm wondering how any of you got thru school as I know none of my teachers let me just not follow the rules and get away with it. Then VIP on this and many I've read come back with their side of the story and these people don't even have the decency to come back with either an apology for what seems a lot like slander to me, or the rest of the story that wasn't coughed up in the first place (how about quit lying to themselves about their level of innocence in the matter)... bottom line, the majority of those complaining and commenting on VIP Travel Reservations should have spanked more as children.

I on the other hand have or had three certificates with vip: air tickets, car rental, and 2 night motel. I feel I've gotten more than my time and monies worth so I'd go ahead and put something credible about these people. So far they coordinated our car and the motel stay for the same time this spring, getting us 3 more nights in the motel at a reasonable rate and upgrading our car to a standard size cheaper than I could have myself. My air I didn't request till August and wont hear for a bit yet, but feel they have already done a lot for me.

I however, unlike most of you, REALLY DID follow the instructions.

• Co
    couzzopat Dec 21, 2009

I really and truly think you are full of it! I didn't find VIP Travel to deserve any negative stars! This was my first time ever working with vip, and I got their certificate from going to a travel club presentation. The presentation was longer than promised, but they gave me the hotel certificate which came with a 2 night stay, a $30 dinner card, and a $100 gas rebate card. When I got my paperwork it came with a list of probably 30 "friendly suggestions" of places to travel, I pick 2 of those and 2 dates, I got my first city and date requested, and my confirmation came with the dinner card and the rebate card. The hotel was nice, not the ritz, but nice and the rates on the door were $129 per night and hotels.com said it was a 3 1/2 star property, so not bad. The dinner card we used during our stay at Long horn steak house and had no problem with that. And the only thing we paid was the taxes of $15.48 per night. When we got back we had to send our receipt from the hotel to VIP by certified mail. And we did just get our refund a little over 7 weeks later, and they told us it would be 6 - 8 weeks. The gas card was the only problem, it's not actually through VIP they just send it out, it's through a company online, that you have to renew a magazine subscription or take a survey or something and then the gas comes back in $10 increments. Any how, I gave that to my little sister, she loves to sign up for stuff and has time to keep up with it. All in all I had a good experience with VIP travel and would do it again!

Kim at VIP Dec 21, 2009

Elfrederick101 (above): first the presentation has nothing, at all, to do with us, we don't solicite people for presentations or sales, we don't have travel clubs or time shares, and we have not subsidiaries, sister, or parent companies. We are our only office, and our certificates are sold to a multitude of companies (through 3rd party marketing companies) such as travel clubs, timeshares, automobile sales, home parties, charities, companies looking for raffle offerings, etc... we can not control what you are promised by said companies.

second, yes you are responsible for the deposit, and the taxes and port fees for your cruise per our terms and conditions, again we can't feasibly be responsible for what the sponsor told you (in many cases: free).

And 3rd the bonus offer goes out to everyone, it's nothing personal and it doesn't hold up your refund if you are not interested. And Jane, the supervisor in the finance department, actually advised you that you could send it by fax or REGULAR mail, nothing about a certified letter.

And finally the gas while has nothing to do with us, they are REBATES, yes you pay for it then get it back, you spend $0.44 a month totaling $4.40 and end up with $100 in gas, doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, like you say, you've got plenty of time on your hands. But again, that is not from VIP.

So anyhow, I looked up your file, and see you never gave the certificate a chance to find out if it was a scam or not. You activated it on 9/8 and canceled it on 9/18. It does take a full 8 weeks for all refunds to be processed as you and your wife were both advised, and your full refund went out to you on 11/23.

Now, as you left no contact information here for us to try to help you and I actually had to look you up by city and there are only 3 files with your certificate type, and only 1 of them is canceled, I am assuming this is you, but as it doesn't correspond to your complaint of your experience I'm not sure. If not, than none of what your saying makes sense at all and you need to contact our office in a more realistic way. I did try and call the phone # we have listed on our only canceled file, but it's been disconnected. Good day!

• Vi
    VIp SCAM Nov 16, 2009

Total Scam!!! Enough said. Don't fallf or them... They post fake positive reviews that they write themselves. Listen to the negative reviews carefully...they all have a common thread...deception!

• El
    Elfrederick101 Nov 16, 2009

VIPTravelReservations.INC appears to me to be a scam. Here is the way they pulled it on us. We received an invitation in the mail to attend a PRESENTATION at a local motel's conference room. They promised a free cruise and $100.00 in free gasoline just to get us to attend the presentation. We went and listened attentatively to the presentation and declined to pay them up front for the product they were selling. (Didn't want it anyway and the price was exorbitant). We then applied for the free cruise and the gasoline they offered as bait to get us to the conference room for the presentation.

They then required a refundable deposit of $99.00 for each of us payable by money order or cashiers check in US dollars to process the so called vacation package. Once this refundable deposit was mailed in to them, they then sent a demand for more money and (well...by now you get the picture). Can you smell the rat? Does it smell like VIP Travel Reservations.Inc? It sure does to me. It's clear they do not intend to return the refundable deposit. Therefore, we will pursue them legally through the courts regardless of how long and how much money it costs us to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law if at all possible. Although we live in Mississippi, our son lives in Orlando, Florida (not very far from Port Orange) and being retired I have nothing else to do but to bunk at his house and play golf while pursuing this matter. I'm sure my wife will be happy to have me out of the house anyway. Since retiring I seem to be underfoot too much so to speak. I'm kind of anxious to do my part and expose this company for what it appears to be ---a scam. I may be wrong about this, but I doubt it.

On a scale of 1 to 5, they have 0 stars from us. A reputable company would return a refundable deposit immediately. This company (if it exists) sent us a worthless certificate in lieu of our deposit. I called and finally got somebody named Jane that said we would have to send a certified letter to them if we did not want to accept the certificate in lieu of the deposit. They use a bait and switch technique to separate you from your money. They have a fabulous phone operation that heralds the greatness of their company while you are left to wait seemingly forever to talk to a human. You may or may not be able to talk to a human because they like to get you to leave a message instead so they can pull up your file and plan their strategy to delay returning your deposit (not that they ever will return it). It is a very sophisticated operation from what we can tell so far. Most people probably just give up from sheer exhaustion trying to get their refund. We am not the type to give up on anything. If they are smart, they will refund our $198.00 immediately and turn their attention to somebody else who is less likely to pursue them legally. Anyway, my wife will stay home with the dogs. I'm rescheduling all my doctor's appointments so I can be free for a trip to Florida to impose on my son for some free lodging and hospitality (long overdue by the way) so I can pursue this matter legally and to play golf with an old Army buddy who lives in Orlando. Hey...you just cannot let people rip you off now can you? By the way, the free gasoline is only payable in increments of $10.00 a month and you have to meet certain requirements including sending a written request for it each month. You have to send in a receipt each month too. (Is the picture getting clearer now)?

• Bu
    bumbargerj Oct 29, 2009

I couldn't disagree with you more!!! I couldn't have been more pleased with my dealing with VIP Travel. I even went out of my way to call and thank the agent who helped me after my trip, Jane, and she asked me to get online and write something here. I've used complaints board in the past, so here I am. Thank you VIP and Thank you to Jane, you were very helpful and are an assett to that company and your field!

• Mr
    mrrpieper Sep 25, 2009

I worked with VIP Travel for a hotel stay and car, the car was several months ago and it went great, and the hotel I just received my confirmation for yesterday, and looked it up and the hotel looks really nice and has a good rating. I'm excited about my trip, and very thankful to VIP Travel, they've saved me a lot of $$$$$$.

Jandire Aug 25, 2009

Absolutly not, I don't know what your problem is, but VIP Travel was a major help to me and my family recently and the last thing I would want to do is "put them under."

I don't really know your circumstances, but my first to requests with them were unavailable, and it turned out to be my destination not my date. I changed my destination to somewhere about 13 miles away and got my originally 2nd requested date, they didn't even make me change them.

I truly believe with things like these you can expect to just be handed absolutly what you want on a silver platter, I think it is your responsibility to work to compromise just as much if not more than theirs, as you are the one wanting something for nothing...

VIP was very helpful to me and like I said the one issue with them was solved with pushing my destination 4 minutes away... I would definitly recommend this company

• Ad
    Adams a travler Aug 22, 2009

I had a car rental with vip too! I used it in Florida while also using their 2 night hotel certificate... my reservation was booked by Donna who was very eager to get me what I needed, and set up everything so the cruise I had planned on my own after my hotel stay, I would have ample way to get there and around orlando, to and from the theme park that VIP provided us tickets too. I'm very happy with the service and performance I recieved from VIP.

• Cz
    czmaria76 Jul 23, 2009

Jessica (above) :) handled my 7 day car rental certificate in Pittsburgh...was very helpful, I only used my car for 5 days of my car but, no where on MY certificate did it say "free", but I only ended up paying like $43... So thank you VIP, and thank you Jessica, good to know you read these and will see it! As for the rest, while no it's not "free, " you fell for something a salesman said, $43 for a car for 5 days is GREAT! Thanks again VIP!

• Je
    Jessica with VIP Jul 23, 2009

The complaint by Mr. Kinchen is towards the other company and i cannot understand why he is adding a complaint on our board. These certificates are sold for companies to give out as gifts for listening to the presentation, but we cannot control what they say to you. They are sales people and they will tell you things to get you to buy what they are selling. We should not be complained about nor held responsible for what they say due to the fact that our certificates say everything very clearly and are not represented incorrectly in any way by us.

• Jl
    jlandrysfo Jul 21, 2009

I had a fantastic experience with VIP for not only a car rental but also a 2 night hotel stay, used 1 of them in November of 08 and received a refund of $13.54 in Feb, lol; and just used the hotel stay in Gatlinburg, TN. It worked very well for me and rather than complain about interest on my $75 deposit, I forfeited it for a 3rd night and an upgrade for all 3 nights to a condo... I'm stoked, don't know what your problem was or is, but I see a lot of people on here this seems to be working fine for, so maybe you should look at what your doing instead of looking for someone else to blame...

John D K Jul 03, 2009

FREE "Drive Away - Receive A One Week Car Rental" This was for part of an award for viewing a Time Share Vacation presentation by Festiva Resorts. Once I read the information provided, and the limited availability, I looked up this Travel Agency on line. Come on folks, You are responsible for a reservation Processing Fee, Vehicle License Recovery Fee, Surcharge/Tire Fee and 10% Concession Recovery Fee (what ever that is). What a FREE Prize!

Along with this "Great FREE" Car rental came Two (2) FREE airline Tickets to any any place in the US and Mexico and the Dominican Republic. MORE "Deposit" Dollars and who knows what the refund policy is for this.

This Free Offer was given by Festiva Resorts Based in South Carolina which seemed to be on the Up and Up. I recommend they look into these "Awards" to preserve their reputation. It should matter to someone there.
    John Kinchen