VIP Readers ServiceUnethical behaviour

C Review updated:

I was contacted by VIP reader services and told about 4 magazines that I could receive for a one time fee of 19.95. But then I started receiving phone calls two and three times a day 7 days a week until I finally I was forced to change my phone number, Now I get bills a couple times a month saying that I owe 39.95 a month for two years. I am on Social Security and it is a toss up between food or medicine so I can't waste money on useless magazines I have tried numerous times to cancel but they don't want to hear of it

• Ri
    Rick Williams May 27, 2020

Fiancee agreed to $19.95 for 3 magazines. Then they started charging $39.99 / month. She called to cancel and they said she couldn't. Then the price went up to $45. TOTAL SCAM!! Don't bow down, people. They are NOT going to take you to court. They use that threat to shut you up. They're not ABOUT to defend their business practices OR pay an attorney in another state to collect on a fictitious contract.

• Ag
    aggieg Oct 24, 2016

VIP READERS SERVICE SCAM
    SCAM or not. I can not afford $39.00 (for 24 months) to be coming out of my bank account for any reason let alone magazines I neither want or read. I called to cancel my account and was told the only thing they can do is lower my payments to approximately$ 21, 00 for 34 additional months. I was not told I couldn't cancel the account. Every time they remove $40 from my account something else bounces usually a utility, or I am left short on food or prescription medication money. This is so unfair. I, or anyone should be able to cancel something they are unable to afford any longer. Maybe $40 is not a big deal to some people but when it meand having your water or electric shut off or not being able to afford your prescription medications, i.e. insulin, it is a big deal! Is there any way to cancel this contract that anyone knows of?
    Mary Agnes Garrison
    [email protected]

• Pe
    PeterHD Jun 11, 2016

I never chose any magazines, started getting trash magazines that I could not cancel. $19.99 turned to $39.00. Could not get to anyone, the collection department only said, we have your voice confirming your unbreakable contract. Six months later the said they would stop the magazines, if I sent them $550.00 to avoid a law suit. I even tried to pay that on line, several times but the line took my information, and the line went dead!