VioSoftwareScam and cheating

D

I spoke with a sales representative to verify thw web posting was genuine Adobe photoshop CS4 version, not extended or a student/academic version. He assured me that they do not sell student or academic versions of photoshop and I would receive what the web advertised.

I ordered Adobe Photoshop CS4 for the price advertised. It arrived the day they promised. When I opened the package, it was Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended, education version. (I could have purchased this $250 cheaper if it was what I wanted to buy!) I called Adobe to verify it was a student version. I called 3 different times and spoke to three different people at Adobe, all confirmed it was a student edition. I called Viosoftware and spoke with 'Will' who continues to claim they do not sell the student or academic version. He insisted that the ED stood for edition, not education... he was dead wrong.

Because I had opened the cellophane packaging, before seeing the small print ed on the back, I can not return it. (Adobe canceled the serial number and refunded me my money.)

This is clearly a Bait-and Switch corporation and certainly not honest or trustworthy. I will never do business with them again and certainly would caution anyone to be very wary of whatever they advertise and promise... it just isn't truth. Be aware!

• Ge
    Gentleman John Jan 23, 2013

Furthermore, have a Gander at the following article. This company and another affiliated one (ie: same owner) were both sued by Microsoft in 2009 for the ways in which the software was acquired (bought overseas with stolen credit cards and then sold to us here).

• Ge
    Gentleman John Jan 23, 2013

I just did some browsing, and found one of their "supposedly" well priced Office Home and Business copies, listed as a PROMOTIONAL ITEM. I figured that was why it was $50 cheaper than the market average.

THEN I looked at the listing and discovered that "depending on STOCK, we will ship Product Keycards to fulfill the order". Well, that's negligent. The keycard is a totally different license, with limitations over the boxed version, and also the market price for the keycard is about $50 LESS than this promotion.

So, long story short, I did not order, but clearly this company is either terribly misinformed (less likely) or outright intentionally negligent and deceitful (more likely). I only think it's a shame that companies like this are not fined out of existence, and their owners jailed. The bigger the crime, the bigger the time. Making money by taking advantage of the uninformed is unethical. Why it continues to be legal is a testament to human cowardice and greed.