Viny J. Chuinternet scam

THE FOLLOWING WAS SENT TO ME TODAY 5.26.2009 TO MY OUTLOOK AS AN EMAIL, BUT I SENSED THIS DID NOT COME FROM BOFA. PLEASE INVESTIGATE IF FRAUDULENT. VINY J. CHU

COMPLAINT DETAILS:

Bank of America would like to thank you for the phone call that you, or someone in your household, made on May 24, 2009. The voice of the customer is very important to Bank of America as it continually monitors and improves its customer service.

You can provide your feedback on Bank of America’s customer service performance by completing a brief 5 minute survey. To participate in the survey, click on the Web address below.

If that does not launch the survey, please cut and paste the link into your browser bar or type in the following web address:

When you reach the login screen, please enter the following information:

Your project ID is: W8246d

Your login ID is: 703586

Your password is: wtdcv

For your convenience, the survey is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week through [protected], and can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. If you have difficulty accessing the survey, please refer to the Technical Assistance link below.

Sincerely,

Bank of America

Questions / Comments:
If you would like to pass along questions or comments pertaining to Bank of America's products or services or have any non-survey related issues, (i.e. billing, customer service, etc.), please contact Bank of America's customer service department directly at 1.800.432.1000 or bankofamerica.com, and they will be happy to assist you.

OPT OUT:
Convergys Customer Intelligence Services is sending you this message on behalf of Bank of America. If you wish to be excluded from future online research with Convergys, please click on http://www.convergysresearch.com/takeout, enter your e-mail address, and press submit to be removed from our database.

• Ni
    nicole Jun 07, 2009

I got the SAME fraudulent email. I coincidentally bought a magazine subscription from some scammers and paid with a BOFA check. I think it's them. Do you have any updates on this?

• Co
    Complainer324 Jul 16, 2009

I keep getting the same emails from the same source. THIS one in particular sounded like a red flag. I have a joint owner on one account, but I know they didn't contact that person.

It just bugs me that my Gmail account isn't marking it as SPAM.

My thoughts are... if BofA is really surveying their customers, they would send them through their own email account and not spook their customers.

I haven't contact BofA to confirm whether they are running a survey or not - anyone know?

• Ka
    Kane Citizen Oct 26, 2010

This is a legit email not from BofA but from Convergys Customer Intelligence Services on behalf of them. I got the same email and called customer service number (on the back of my debit card) and asked them to check my records to see if someone had called them on my behalf on the date specified in the email (I surely did not) and she said there was a call logged in there, but when the rep looked closely, it was not a call, it was just a flag that there had been some maintenance on the account (like changing your online banking settings, which I certainly did on that date). Still, the email is completely unprofessional. The account rep asked me if the email showed my name and/or my account number ending but it didn't, so at first, she discarded it as a phishing attempt. On the BofA website it also states that a legit bank communication will come with your name and or account # ending. I just deleted the email and moved on.