Viking CollectionsCALLING FOR NEIGHBORS

This afternoon I received a call from Jack Young of Viking Collections in Minnesota (800.469.6375). He knew my name and what street I lived on. He asked if I knew the _______ family and although I do, I told him no but that I would check with my husband to see if he knew them. He said he had been trying to reach these people for a week but was receiving no answer to his calls and would appreciate my giving them his name/number. Is this legal? I don't have creditors calling for ME, so why would I want them calling for MY NEIGHBORS? Please, I would like to know how I can stop any future calls - I also plan on calling the BBB next. Thank you.