Victor Fantasia, Chiropractorunethical practice/unprofessionalism

After being a loyal patient for years at victor fantasia's, my wife and I decided to follow a fellow chiropractor who had been practicing out of his office but decided to venture out on his own. However, the transition has been nightmarish, due to Dr. Fantasia's bitterness and unprofessionalism. First, when my wife and I went into his office to request our medical records we were treated rudely by his staff; we practically had to beg for them. On top of that, he charged us $40 for a copy of "our" records. He claimed it was common practice to charge for the records but I beg to differ. I have never been charged for my own records; it has always been common courtesy for one doctor to do so for another. Second, he sent out a discouraging letter to patients of our doctor, in essence discrediting him which was totally unprofessional. The last straw was when I went into his office to ask for my records to be released; apparently, my current doctor claimed he had never received them but after a closer look he realized the records were in my x-ray file. I apologized on behalf of my new doctor and went on. However, not more than an hour or so later I get a call from Fantasia's office telling me to never walk into their office again because I was "rude" and then abruptly hung up on me. Needless to say, I was floored. After years of loyalty and countless referrals, I was told never to walk into their office again. They say that a person's true colors are revealed when the going gets tough. I realized through this entire ordeal that Dr. Fantasia is a sham. Aside from not being a very good chiropractor to begin with, his unprofessionalism in handling patients who decided to follow the departed chiropractor speaks volumes not only of his character but in his lack of business ethics in going out of his way to discredit a doctor who only wanted to venture out and pursue his own dream of beginning his own practice. It turns out that Dr. Fantasia cares only of himself; if he really cared about his patients he would had gone out of his way to make the transition smooth for those of us who chose to follow Dr. Steiskal. In the end, his behavior only reconfirms our decision to leave and it only cost us $40.