Verizon WirelessI will never go back to verizon wireless and i'll tell every one I know to steer clear of them

E

I have been a good customer by paying my bills on time and fulfilling my contract of two years. Recently the Verizon Wireless company and I had a dispute over a very high phone bill. I just want to terminate my service. I have called three times, been on hold, and explained my woes to six different people. The managers all say that they will "take care of my request to turn my cell phones off " Today, I still have service. I know that I'm being billed for this service, and I no longer wish to have it. Isn't it illegal to continue to provide a service to some one who not only does not want it, but has made a request not once, but THREE times to have the service turned off? I have also contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. I also have files a complaint with Consumer Guide, and I will continue to voice my frustration until the matter is resolved. At his point and time I will NEVER go back to Verizon Wireless and I'll tell every one I know to steer clear of them.

• Tammy Weyler Aug 12, 2010

Hello stealth I believe he stated that he fullfilled his 2 year contract. Ember if you did fullfill your contract, I would send a certified letter to them stating the original date that you requested your service to be canceled and that it has not been done as of this date. Tell them in the letter that you are not responsible for the line after that (unless of course you are making out going calls) and you should also make sure you verizon phone is off. Iwould also include a contact phone # for them to get hold of you. Make a copy of the letter and keep 1 for your records.
    Also you can write on your last bill to cancel the account and send that also. Hope this is helpful.

• Tammy Weyler Aug 12, 2010

Np, I too have verizon, their coverage I have had issues with but their customer service I am not 100% sold on.

MartMart Aug 13, 2010

There's more to the story that we don't know and Tammy save your breath Verizon isn't always the bad guy sometimes the customer can be the bad guy too so don't say anything along the lines of "nope Verizon is wrong they are bad". Verizon wouldn't just randomly decide to not stop someones service if she has a TEF she pays that if no shes free to go.

• Tammy Weyler Aug 16, 2010

Martmart, apparently you can't read well, I did not say that verizon is always wrong ###, I said I have had issues with them in the past and I am not 100% sold on them.

I do not believe that in any way says that verizon is always wrong. Think before you speak. If you did think before you spoke maybe we would no wtf you are talking about.

• Vz
    VZW Customer Oct 05, 2010

Verizon wireless has a way of manipulating whatever conversation you have with them and turning it agaainst you (the customer) Join our fight again VZ W http://www.verizonnetworkextender.com/ Sign our petition! Thanks

johnapd08 Dec 05, 2010

You have to honor the contract your in with them, you can't just say welp, I'm done let me go. You agreed to be a paying customer for a agreed amount of time and you have to follow the rules. But hey who cares right, your the dooschbag that goes in there and ### every three days that your phone isn' workign and you have a Verizon employee with a BaS degreet o turn the damn thing on for you. Heres a tip, next time you go to a phone company and have to agree to a contract...READ IT! Find out what the hell youre getting into, don't you knw that every contract has fine print and legally binding stipulations that you have to follow and thats why they charge such high termination fees. Pay up or shut up pal.

• Di
    disgruntled for good reason Feb 23, 2011

Although their wireless coverage is good, Verizon customer service is close to non-existent. (Although reps are quite eager to please until your contract is signed.) In my case, a $65 credit that Verizon owed me, has apparently been swallowed up into a big, black wormhole? Although I honor my contract, each monthly bill arrives with confusing, misleading and often heavily-padded errors in their favor. Phoning customer service for assistance usually requires a one hour minimum of time, applied after you get off the hold function. Often the rep you end up with will claim they cannot help you with whatever situation you are trying to resolve. Watch this company, your contract small print and your invoices like a hawk.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices