Verizon Pennsylvania Landlinebad bill referred to collections

W

While my daughter was attending Penn State, I had a landline hooked up . At one point I was late paying the bill (another story) and they sent a dunning notice. I paid that bill. We continued to do business with them for another 7 months until my daughter graduated. That was 3 years ago. Now it appears that despite having been paid, they sent the bill to a collections agency who is hounding my daughter. When i called them, Verizon said they show a credit on that line of $3. BUT after disputing the bill to the collections agency, THEY came back to us with a copy of the original bill for $97 and insist we still owe it. Verizon says they cannot give me any more info. Only the collections agency can get it! Verizon cannot understand how illogical it is to say we haven't paid, but show a continuing relationship and an ending credit of $3!! They will do nothing about the collections agency . This is affecting my daughters credit rating. I do not know what more to do.

• Kn
    knurse Jan 23, 2009

I have the same problem, i paid my past due amounts and the freaking bills are still on my credit report and i cant get a loan because of them, and i can get a hold of them to try to sort it out but from what you said it seems like even if i do that it wouldnt even matter.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices