Verizon Fios - Property Damageproperty damage - dmg 37& hd tv

On 12/23/09, two Verizon Fios technicians installed Fios on tv, computer, and phone. Upon completion of wiring for my family room, HD tv would no longer power on. Technician told me to call manufacturer and purchase extended warranty, because tv was only 3 years old. Further instructed me to file claim against warranty 24 hours after it took effect.

Rather than do that, I called Fios, and requested reimbursment/claims info, to have the tv repaired or replaced. It is now 7/19/10, and I am STILL getting the runaround.

On Christmas, 12/25/09, my children could not use the WII 'Santa' brought, because of the damaged tv. Spoke to everyone from the local dispatcher, customer service, regional sales manager, and property loss depts. NOBODY has ever return a phone call.

I filed the claim, myself, and it took me 6 months just to find the right department because I was transferred so many times. Now, the claims adjustor has decided that she can not decide whether or not to approve/deny the claim, because the technician will not return her phone calls.

So, $815 worth of damage, because Sharp could not repair the tv, and the only thing the Board of Public Utiities got for me, was a correct phone number.

Go figure. . .If anyone knows how maneuver through this claims process, I'll take all the advice I can get - my next step is small claims court. . .

MaggieRH Sep 26, 2010

Hi Sunny, any luck yet? They also broke my HD TV. It is a 40" and I had to go through 1-800-HELL for hours and be insulted by a supervisor before finally getting a different supervisor to come to my home and look at my broken television. Now I have been given the number of the insurance company for Verizon. He treats me as though I am a liar as well. He wants me to send in "proof". WTH? How do I send in "proof" that my television was working fine before they installed and it doesnt work after they installed??

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices