Complaints & Reviews

Verizon Wirelessbill

I signed up for verizon on the 5th for a family plan with two phones...planning on both of them being mine. I decided a few days later to add my parents to my bill...another two phones...when i did this i told them i wanted to switch from the 700 minute plan to the 2100 minute plan...Everything was left off on a good note.

I get a phone call on the 25th telling me that i'm on the 700 minute plan and have already hit 1500 minutes, if i switch to the 2100 minute plan, It will be reflected on my first bill and I won't incur any overages...Thanks verizon, right?

The first bill comes in the mail ... 1125.00...still on the 700 minute plan

Now my normal bill was supposed to come to around 280 dollars...because of some stupid "we charge you for your last month with the first bill" coupled with the "you started your phone service the day before you billing cycle"...added up to massive amounts or prorated charges...but worst case scenario...my bill should not have been more than 280.00 times 2... 560.00 ... about half of what they sent me...

So another call to them..and they say the phone call they gave me about the 2100 minutes NEVER HAPPENED... confused and angry i told them I knew i wouldnt be able to stay on a 700 minute plan and it's kind of insulting for them to insinuate that i would put four phones on a family plan with 700 minutes... They said they would fix it and i would receive a new bill online shortly as if i had 2100 minutes the month before...

i get the bill...and it's at 900 dollars...i was credited 225.00... I was really aggravated this was crazy... They changed my plan to the 1400 minute plan...credited me those minutes and still charged me overages for the difference between the 1900 and change that i used...
I called and stayed on the phone for almost an hour. I asked why I would agree to postdate my plan to 1400 minutes when i used 1900 minutes... That that was basically them asking me if i wanted a 500 dollar bill or a 900 dollar bill..and they were telling me that I told THEM I wanted a 900 bill.. I was on the phone with some lady who said"although i understand your logic sir, this arrangement was agreed upon during the last phone call"... I asked about the agreement from the first phone call...but of course that never happened...This story really gets better..please keep reading. "unfortunately sir, all i can do for you is switch you to the 2100 minute plan from now on to assure this doesn't happen again... Angry and upset, i had to get back to work, i agreed to do this and said i would call later. I agreed to take a survey at the beginning of the call, so they called me back.

of course, I put a zero for everything they asked and left a polite yet clearly frustrated message at the prompt.

I received a call back from GOD apparently, some lady who wanted to know what the reason for the survey was, and i told her the whole story, in detail, with a customer waiting for me... SHE TOLD ME I WAS STILL ON THE 1400 MINUTE PLAN... I asked her politely what was wrong with the people that worked at Verizon. These people supposedly cater to high end business customers and large franchises, while they clearly have none of these people working for them. She IMMEDIATELY credited my account all of the overages...switched my plan back to 2100 minutes and predated it to the very first day i got the phone. I didn't bother asking her name, because if i were to ever call back, i'm sure they'd tell me she doesn't exist...

This was an unbelievable waste of time... Insulting...aggravating...frustrating...

• Pa
      pamandersliv Aug 18, 2009

HA HA HA I got a bill for $3, 300.00 from Verizon. This is supposedly for my daughter using her internet access. Several months ago I asked what this $60 was on my bill and was informed that it was my daughters internet access package. ME: Why is it so expensive? VERIZON: Because u have a corporate package. ME: Huh? THEM: People who own their own business have these services. ME: Why did you sign me up for this one? THEM: IDK ME: Get rid of it! She doesn't need it. Several months later I'm still getting billed in excess of what I should be. Every time I call they tell me my bill is high because of government taxes and late fees thatr compound. So...I complain louder and tell them I want them to itemize this over the phone with me and explain each itemization. They tell me they have still been billing me the $60 dollars. I tell them, "I told your people to shut it off at the store and if you look at her history you will see that she hasn't used it since then". They inform me that they will reimburse me $60 for the last month and FINALLY shut it off. A few days later a kid from Verizon calls to tell me that he has bad news. Verizon is only going to credit me half of the sixty. He explains that because of the TYPE of phone my daughter bought she is obligated to carry a basic internet package which costs $30 per month. I complain that I am a single unemployed mother and cannot afford ANY extras. He tells me it is not negotiable. I tell my daughter she is going to have to give me $30 a month and she might as well start using the internet again seeing as she has to pay for it. THEN I open a bill for $3300.00. I drive to the store to complain. They call customer servcice for me. I am told that they will deduct half the bill and then "kick it upstairs" to see if they can give me a credit for the rest. I give them the number for the new landline I purchased (because no one in my new neighborhood in Bridgewater MA has access to Verizon wireless...there is NO reception...the ad on TV that depicts the army behind you? Crap!). It has now been a week...my phones have all been shut off...and still...NO CALL FROM VERIZON. So, I just called them at noon time. The recording told me that I still owe $3300.00. Seems EVERYTHING they say is a lie. When I finally get through to a live person she tells me that her supervisor will call back within a half an hour. That was an hour and a half ago. Someone just told me to lodge a formal complaint with the government communications agency in Boston. I am thinking of calling Help Me Hank. Does anyone have any other advise?

• Ti
      Tinaca Oct 23, 2009

Hi Bill:

Ditto on just about every deviant move Verizon Wireless pulled on you and many others. I just discovered your complaint and many others. I disconnected my account after 3 months and $1500 I incurred? I paid $450 and I'll see them in court. Since when is a phone more than a new car payment? Do you or anyone know of any agencies or any actions, petitions, impending litigation taken by other Verizon Wireless victims? I would love to know.

Tina

• Ta
      Taft Watson Nov 30, 2009

I just switched over to Verizon wireless 3 months ago. My first 2 bills were average 600 minutes, and I am on a 700 minute plan. My bill is about $150, since I have 2 blackberry's on the same plan. The day before thanksgiving, I received a bill of $928. After waking up from fainting, I called customer service and they said I would have to call Fraud Protection. I called fraud protection Monday morning, and for almost 2 hours, I had to explain that the majority of the calls that were made were not from my cell phone. I gave them examples of 2 calls being made from 2 different places, 20 miles away. They also play the word gave by saying "These calls were made from your device" and "we did an investigation". Theirs investigation consisted of taking 4 numbers from my bill and calling them. When I explained that I didn't call these numbers, they insisted that I did. These 4 numbers are realtors. What would I be calling a realtor for. I don't need a home, I have one right now. They refused to do any more. They wouldn't even look at my past bills to see that I don't make a lot of phone calls. As I said before, we used less than 600 minutes TOTAL for both phones (my wife used 153 and I used 356 last month. How the hell could you say that I used 2300 minutes the next month. That’s almost 200x as much.
      Now I'm not a novice in information technology, I've worked in this industry for more than 15 years. I understand technology and I'm not a fool. But to tell me that "All these calls are made from your device" is a cop out.
      What should I do? I've called fraud protect and they won't help. I called CS and they won't help. CS actually said they will only give me $130 credit. WHAT? for a $900 bill? No one is listening. No one cares. What the hell is going on? Has anyone had any luck resolving their issue on this forum?

• Al
      AlexAl Feb 18, 2010

I would cancel their service and move to a different company without paying a dime. Verizon, of course, will send your bill to a collection agency. This agency will mail a letter to you to confirm the debt. You simply need to respond by mail within 1 month explaining the situation and that you owe nothing to Verizon. The collecion agency will have to close the file without any action since there is no court order yet. Now if Verizon wants to take the case further to court, let them do it, it will spend few thousand dollors on their lawyers. And according to what you said, the judge will certainly dismiss the case in your favor.

• Ro
      Rosemarie Barker Jan 21, 2011

There is absolutely no "Customer Service" with Verizon. ZILCH.

There are eleven line item extra charges listed on every monthly Verizon statements besides the monthly contract fee.

See the following list of the eleven line items listed on a monthly Massachusetts Verizon Wireless Statement besides the contract fee:

1) Property tax recovery;

• Th
      That__Guy Jan 21, 2011

tl;dr

Verizon — bad service

Verizon is charging me $124.41 for a phone call I made while I had service with Blue Casa. I had...

Verizon Wirelessunreturned phone outrageous charges

Verizon Wireless claims that I received notice and a mailing packet to return my BlackBerry phone which they replaced with a working phone. I dropped and broke my original BlackBerry which I PAID FOR and paid a $50.00 one time courtesy replacement charge for a replacement BlackBerry ( due to my long time standing as a good customer ). Verizon has now billed me $429.99 because I did not return the broken phone, which after removing the battery to use in the replacement phone, I discarded. Four Hundred Twenty Nine Dollars and Ninety Nine Cents! FOR A BROKEN PHONE !

The arrogance, utter gall and hubris of this company knows no bounds. Verizon states that there were instructions to return my broken phone and a paid shipping envelope in the package that my replacement phone came in and I say THERE WAS NOT! If there was I would have shipped it back to them. By the way, I would have shipped it back to them and paid the postage myself had I known that they were expecting the broken phone back.

Four Hundred Twenty Nine Dollars and Ninety Nine Cents for an unreturned broken phone that Verizon will never see from me unless a court orders that I pay it ( I am a law abiding citizen ). And perhaps the courts may. We'll see because I will be filing a suit against Verizon Wireless in the small claims court of Collier County in Florida for the exact amount that they insist I owe them plus the filing fee of $40.00. Grand total against you Verizon Wireless of $469.99.

A Verizon Wireless "supervisor" said the best Verizon Wireless Could do was to take 25 % of the unreturned phone charge off my bill. No. Nowhere near satisfactory. I was never told to return the broken phone. Not verbally by any Verizon employee at the Naples store and not in the package that accompanied my new phone.

The only wireless provider that I have ever known. The only wireless provider that I have ever used ( and my wife too for that matter ) SHAME ON YOU. I'll free up some time for court if you will.

James B Eagleton
    Naples, Florida

• Tl
        tlcesq Jun 10, 2010

I am experiencing the same situation right now. Never given a return envelope, never told to return the broken phone. Told that the original contract called for the return, but they wouldn't provide the original contract. So terminating this contract.

Verizon Wirelessfalse advertisnig, customer service said no.

I had a blackberry and it broke so i went into my local Verizon wireless store. While i was there, i saw signs for buy one 3G Smart phone get one free, I know that i was eligible for upgrade so i asked for some help with these phones. I was shown (by the Verizon sales guy) the HTC Incredible. What a great phone, so I asked the sales guy about the Buy one get one and he stated that it was included in the deal, well that was a no brainier.

So as we approached the register, to upgrade the phone and to add a new line for the second one, and we were told that they were out of that phone and to come back monday AM. No Problem.

We actually saw the commercial about the free phone that night.

My husband went to the store Monday morning, like we were told. The store employee had our blackberries transferred over and the phones ready for us. When he put them into the computer, the second (free) phone kicked back. The employee spoke with management who called the supervisors higher then him. He was told that he should not be able to honor the promotion on those phones only.

So my husband and I have called customer service, who also refused to honor their advertised deal. I have as of this time written to the regional VP but have not heard back from him.

SO the bottom line is that we stayed with our blackberry. We have been with Verizon about 10 years and have 6 lines, which would reap in profit, more than the price of the free phone anyway. But, the CUSTOMER is NOT A CONCERN to them.

Additionally, I got a call today from the Customer Service Manager asking me what she could do to make me happy, and I stated, honor your deal. She offered my 10% off my service... I told her that was unacceptable and i was not happy. She said " I apologize that the advertisement was misleading, with regards to our buy one get one free offer"... "we also do not have the ability to process this request"...

So i asked for someone who has the ability to honor it and was told that they were bound by company police to not release the number or the CORPORATE INFORMATION... in other words, they don't care either.

Cant wait til these contracts expire so i can go to T mobile.

I have NEVER in my life, seen a company that REFUSES to make a customer happy. Or one to honor their advertising.

• Ce
          Cell phone expert Sep 07, 2010

I am unsure how the buy one get one free would work in store, how ever, online you would only be able to receive this promotion with either upgrading 2 lines or adding 2 new lines. From the statement you provided it seems that the representative should have informed you that you would have to upgrade 2 lines on your account to receive this promotion instead of upgrading and adding a new line which I know you would be unable to do this online with the buy one get one free.

Verizon Wireless — bad quality on refurbished phones

I have had a LG Voyager since they were released about 2 years ago. My phone for the most part has worked...

Verizon Wirelessrandomly no service

i have random dropped calls. I will have full service and being in the same spot my service will get dropped and i will be stuck without any service for something over an hour. This happens monthly and so far this month i has happened to me 2 nights in a row. It gets bad too, cause i will be studying over the phone with a friend and then the service goes out. and you cant say its just my phone, my moms and brothers hone does it at the same exact time. im getting very tired of the random service dropped and would love for it to stop.

Verizon Wirelessbad service

I have had a terrible experience dealing with Verizon and I think people should know about this. They misdirected me about getting a free phone--told me it would not involve adding another line to line I already had. I received bills, had to send the phone back, was told it would be taken care of and more than three months later I was still receiving bills and getting threatening phone calls from their collections department. I had to spend many hours on the phone and in their store (you always wait in a line, no matter how simple the matter, as in buying an ear bud)getting the run around and having supervisors tell me there is nothing they can do or no way to reach their supervisor. I finally told them I wanted out of the contract with no early termination fee b/c I was sick of dealing with them. It took a lot of anger and yelling to make that happen. It should never have been that way at all.

• Valerie Nov 07, 2008

I have came into the Verizon store multiple times in the past year and been helped by a man named Chris. Every time I have gone in there it has been the worst consumer experience I have ever had! Each time I have came in with an easily fixed problem (I've come to find out later) and he has told me there is no way he or Verizon can help me. He is rude and refuses to help customers. I have tried to get in touch with the store manager to complain, and they never answer the store phone. I ended up calling customer service and filing a complaint. One of the times, he told me I would have to call technical support and request a new phone be mailed to me. I got very upset, since I'd only gotten the phone 2 weeks before, and on my way out another employee noticed how distressed I was. He immediately took me aside and got me a new phone within minutes, for no charge. This was because I was still under warranty, and Chris didn't even care to find this out. The next time I came in I was forced to be helped by Chris again, having difficulties fixing my volume settings on my phone. After making me stand around for 2 hours, he told me there was "nothing he could do." He sent me on my way, yet again acting very rude. I ended up finding out later from a friend that there was a simple option in the phone menu that had to be changed to fix my problem. The third time I went in for help I requested to NOT be helped by Chris, and yet again he was the only representative available! My phone was freezing and not showing me my missed calls or text messages. He YET AGAIN told me he could not help me and that I needed to go home and download a software update, and if that didn't fix it I would need a new phone. Frustrated, I gave up and didn't use my phone (it's a Blackberry Pearl) for several months. Finally I gave in and got on Verizon's website to download this upgrade. Since I couldn't find it, I called technical support. The nice man on the phone told me all I had to do was clear the cookies from my phone memory!! I have tried many times to go to the verizon website to find a place to share complaints, but to no avail. Also, when you call the customer service helpline, it is impossible to find a person to report problems with representatives to. No one from Verizon seems to care at all when a customer has problems with their employees. As soon as I can, I am planning on changing my (and my family's) phone service to a different company.

• Gr
              Greg Jan 05, 2009

We upgraded our phone on line because they were $75.00 cheaper than the verizon stores we went to.I have been with them for about eight years now.

• Ve
              verizon customer Oct 17, 2009

I am among the thousands of unhappy Verizon Wireless customers. Recieved a Blackberry Storm by mail. Activated by an in store representative, only to later find out that I was being billed for a Data Plan subscription that I was not informed of beforehand, and that I did not accept. Attempted to return the phone numerous times, and have dealt with Customer Care a half a dozen times. Its been 8 months.

Finally I discovered how to reach the Executive Relations team at Verizon Wireless. They are the only ones who can help resolve your problem, short of having an attorney contact them. BTW, I subscribe to Pre-Paid Legal for $35 a month, and their attorneys at no additional charge, will contact Verizon Wireless. Find me on twitter.com/verizoncustomer .

Share your experiences online and then email me at verizon.[protected]@yahoo.com . I will forward you important contact information to reach the real decision makers at Verizon Wireless, the Executive Relations team.

• Rh
              R_H Dec 19, 2009

Verizon Wireless in only concerned with thier bottom line. Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

MihW45 Jan 11, 2010

After 11pm I got crank call on my cell which came in as "restricted" call, thing is I shouldn't have to pay for this call or Verizon should have to tell me who placed the call so I can take-up some action against them for costing me the airtime.

Can't seem to get it through those idiots at Verizon that if I'm your so-called valued customer why in hells name would you subject me to "restricted" calls that eat up my airtime that I'm paying you good money for - - well that's where enough is enough and I think I could easily convince a US District court judge that Verizon has a fiduciary obligation that supercedes our contractual agreement and file a class action suit against you for thia and future losses and earnings.. You may want to run this one past your attorney and get back with me because I'm not taking this ### any more..

• La
              larmell Feb 27, 2010

You state the call took place at 11PM, if this is the case you were not charged anything. All calls after 9PM are free. So none of your airtime that I'm paying you good money for" was affected. So before you go and "pay good money" for your attorney, you may want to take a minute to understand your plan

• Th
              TheFasterGun Jul 07, 2010

I have had the same phone number since 1994 back when it was Centel. It went from Centel to alltel to verizon, back to alltel then finally to Verizon. I have spent over $40, 000 on cell phones and cellular service. I am a self employed individual and have had my ups and downs. Regardless of my ups and downs, I have always paid my cellular phone bill. When it was Alltel, I always received excellent service and they understood the ups and downs of being a small business. They never dinged me or made it hard for me and sometimes they would run my service two months before I payed it. They ALWAYS gave me a courtesy call about my bill and I always payed the full amount due. Back in July of 2009, having heard that verizon was taking over alltel, I called Verizon and inquired about what was coming. I specifically talked about my feelings and how I operate and wanted to know if I was going to be a name or just another number when Verizon took over. They told me that it wouldn't change and that they wanted me to stay because, with my service history, I was a valued customer. HOGWASH!
              My problems started with service, it started degrading and I called about it- their excuse was that I still had an Alltel phone, or still has an Alltel number- blah blah blah... they kept giving me excuse after excuse until they had me completely in their vise.. ALL Verizon... thats when they screwed me.
              Back in December of 2009, I decided to go to a storm2 from my BB curve 833o- I had everything done and when it came time to complete the transaction, they informed me that I would have to pay the $500 plus because my account had been blacklisted and I would not be able to charge it to my account. I asked why and they researched it and said that my phone had been shut off back in september of 2009. I asked for how long and they said 20 minutes or so... WOW- I asked if they recieved payment and they said yes- they recieved it immediately the same day, within minutes.
              I then set up a scenario for them: Here I am, a customer with over 10 years (15 to be exact) of loyal service, Over $40, 000 spent on cellular service and equipment, ALWAYS paid every penny, NOT under contract- WILLING to commit to another TWO YEARS of GUARANTEED MONEY... and were they willing to sacrifice that for a stupid little incident after 10 plus years of loyalty... they DIDNT CARE- so I left.
              I called verizon that night and started turning off ALL service except my main number I've had for all these years. I told them that wasnt getting shut off until I could port it over elsewhere. Folks, I am a single person and I pay over $240 per month to verizon- I have a DROID, AIRCARD, and a second phone for the grandparents.
              The regional manager called me the next day and told me he couldnt get the blackmark off my record and that it would stay for six months- but if I would come in to the local store, he'd make it right- I did, and he did. He worked with me on the equipment and I stayed- And I dumbly kept all my services...
              The last straw is that in May of 2010- My bank returned a $600 plus payment to verizon by mistake- As soon as I received a text message from verizon that my payment had been declined- I resubmitted it from my phone using the 'my verizon' app and it went through. They got their money immediately on the second go round.
              The next time I tried to pay my bill using the phone, I was told that I can no longer do so and that the only way I can pay my bill is CASH ONLY and only at a local store- I was told that in order for me to resolve the cash only terms- that my bank would have to submit something on official letterhead to verizon's TREASURY DEPT. stating that it was their mistake- then the TREASURY Department would reverse their actions... My banker did... and THEY DIDNT.
              SO, now here I sit- with a $517 bill due... verizon has sent me a text saying that my service will soon be interupted because of non-payment... I guess I now realize that I am a friggin number and that 15 years of loyalty means jack ###.
              Side Note**** I also have had an aircard for 3 or 4 years that has never averaged over 50kb/sec at home. I started complaining to alltel as soon as I got it and it was always a different story- they tried several aircards and whenever I'd call in, the tech would work some keyboard magic and my service would improve some, only to degrade within 24 hrs. After Verizon pirated over- they continued the same dog and pony show. They DID send a tech out to my area, but wouldnt tell me when he'd come and that he couldnt come to my home to see my equipment and its performance... LUCKY ME, I just happened to be home and saw him, so after I approached him, he identified himself. We stood on the side of the road and talked for 2 hrs or more. He did show me where I was using a tower 1.8 miles away and that it couldnt handle the data demands and that it hadnt been upgraded since 2004. I've only had a card since 2007 or 2008- so that means I was lied to when I initially got the card.
              He did tell me that Verizon would have to spend approximately $260, 000, 000 in the area to bring it up to speed.
              Whenever I called verizon to see what they were gonna do about my issue- the 'supervisor' s only ultimate alternative was that if I was unhappy then I could cancel my service... SO- here I am with over three years of not getting what I paid for- I was strung along with promise after promise- I paid out over $3000 for broadband performance I was promised but never got.. and they said I could cancel my service. I asked to be taken higher than the supervisor and was told that wasnt possible...

Does anybody know a good attorney that would want to look at my story?
              I have all records to prove my story.

MartMart Jul 08, 2010

HOGWASH!

• Fe
              Fed Up With Crooks Dec 18, 2010

Verizon treats any customers with issues as a threat. If you ask for a supervisor because the Rep is unwilling to handle your complaint they will say that one is not available. This way they do not get a ding on their record for not handling the issue in a timely fashion. Remember each time that you call them it costs them money as they are charged per minute for every customer call that is generated at customer service. (Laugh) service is not known by Verizon. Also look at the lawsuits that are filed against them and you might be able to joint in a class action suit depending on your circumstance.

Verizon Wireless Retail Storeretail store

I am a Business customer of Verizon Wireless. I usually go through my Verizon Business Representative or call business customer service, who have both been excellent in their customer service. However, today, I had to take care of an exchange immediately. I was told by my rep that I would be able to go to a Verizon Direct Retail store in order to take care of the exchange today. Little did I know that upon walking in the retail store you're supposed to SIGN IN...no matter what you are there for. I had not signed in and waited for 25 minutes to finally get someone to speak to me. The "customer service" person asked me if I was "so and so" and I said no. I immediately told her that all I needed was an exchange (I showed her the two items already in my hand). She said that she would have to me on "the list". I told her I had already waited 25 minutes and all I needed was an exchange..."Well, I don't know when you walked in" was her response!

Verizon needs to re-vamp their idiotic "policy" of having people sign in for everything! They should have ONE PERSON who can easily take care of simple purchases / exchanges without having to waiting behind people who don't know what plan their on or what phone they want. I know, for a fact, that I am not the only BUSINESS customer that is irritated by this nonsensical policy.

I was sooo upset that I took my item and left the store...in retrospect I should have asked for a manager, but let's face it, I probably would have had to "SIGN IN" for that too.

Verizon Fiosinstall / customer service nightmare

Like many others, I have been waiting for fios to be available in my neighborhood for years. Finally the day comes and the sales person comes door to door to sign us up. I place my order and schedule the delivery. Having to take the day off because they give you a window from 8am-5pm for installation. I proceed to get emails and phone calls the week before, week of, day of, and hours before to confirm I would be there. Technician never shows up. I call at 5:30pm and ask what happened and after getting bounced around and waiting on hold, I am told that he is still on his way! 7:15 rolls around I call back and they say hes not coming now and there was a third-party verification that never took place for something on the account. I don't know what they are talking about. The guy then proceeds to review my first bill and tells me it will be $170. This is like $50 more than what the door-to-door guy told me and I have the receipt as proof. Horrible experience, each time I would call any of their 800 numbers, they direct me to PA because of my cell number, I have to explain that I live in VA and they transfer me, the next person wants my Verizon land line number that I don't even have yet! I give each person my name number and account number, only to get transferred and do the same thing over again like Groundhog's Day. This goes on and on, I hung up on at least two people out of frustration. I canceled my order, total waste of time.

Verizon And Direc Tvdefrauding the public

Incident = On March 8th, I contacted Verizon to request installation of their new FIO bundle system. I was assured by the agent that what I would get would be FIOs and I accepted and ordered Internet, TV and Telephone. To my surprise, and after installation, the service was not FIOs and the TV was fro Direct TV. I was told that I had until the 8th of May to cancel if I was not satisfied.

I was not satisfied with both the Internet service, which was considerably slow and not wireless, or the Direct TV which includes 512 channels of which 500 are commercials and sport - After I had realized that I had been deceived by Verizon and that there was no FIOs in our area, I decided on the 13th of March to cancel Direct TV, cancel my phone service and request wireless Internet access only.

Although it has become evident that customer service in the United States has declined dramatically recently, I have never experienced such ineffective, rude, and careless customer service as that of both Verizon and Direct TV.

Although I had not dealt with Direct TV at all, when I asked to cancel, Verizon customer service asked that I contact Direct TV directly. When I did, I was absolutely surprised that they would charge me $450 for cancellation. They said their policy was cancellation should be within the first 24 hours.

Phoning back and forth between Verizon and Direct TV, I was unable to get anywhere except waiting on the phone for hours and basically told that (1`) it is not Verizon;s problem (though I had contracted with verizon only) and (2) that I had to pay the $450 no matter what.

It became evident that the whole operation is a scam and is a conspiracy between varizon and Direct TV to defraud the public.

Verizon referral scam program

Never trust verizon... I hope many people read this.. Being a new yorker I have seen great scams in my day but this referral friend and share the network programs are the best by far... When you have fios like I do it is nice to have your friends and family have it also so you all can catch the programming and watch together... But the way it is set up it is nearly impossible to get one penny of the referral reward or the share reward... So far I have tried 7 times,,, yes I am an idiot... I never saw a penny and wont ever and neither will the people who I got into verizon who are angry with me now...
                  First you have to use your computer to give all your referrals information to verizon and I mean everything about them... Then you wait and in a few days get a referral number... You have to send this to them using email... Then they have to use their computer with this referral number to order what they want from verizon... Then they get a number in a few days and they have to email that number to you and you have to email verizon that number and then they have to email verizon that number also within one day of each other... 3 months later you get a check and they get a check to thank both of you for joining... Here is the catch, you can never call verizon to ask a question on the process or about their services etc because then you didnt complete this totally online... The process is made to be differcult but if you dont know exactly which channels you want, which speed of internet, how many minutes on your phone, what services on your phone you want, which phone you want to order, which package of movies and extras you want, if you want coax or ethernet, which day you want installation etc you cant finish it online but have to call to ask a question.
                  Well my aunt age 67 asked one question on the broadband speed and we lost her referral, my grandparents age 78 76 asked about changing the installation date and they got screwed also, my friend cancelled hbo for showtime and made him void also...
                  Even if you get everything right verizon will say they dont see you both in the system together... Another great lie... Now for the best part when you are dissatisfied or felt lied to and want out of verizon because you didnt get what was promised they charge you 350 dollars each... So your friend didnt get their referral fee, you didnt either but you were each charged 350.00 so verizon makes 700 and does nothing... Now your angry and your friend is angry... This is a no win situation and the best scam ever..
                  I warn everyone on the train and bus ride to never trust verizon about anything...
                  Warn everyone you know and perhaps someday verizon may lean to tell the truth or at least care about their new members instead of screwing them knowingly and hurtfully... You get a form letter sorry we didnt earn your business feel free to contact us anytime to return... Yes for a second screwing... I heard they might be a 150.00 reconnection charge.. What a great scam... Offer everything, give nothing, take money get paid more money to leave.

Verizon Wirelesscharging for services not rendered

I tried using my primary cell to make a phone call, it kept giving me the error message that my phone could not be authenticated. I placed a call to verizon wireless and spoke to a christina on today [protected] at 9:45am.
                    I relayed the details of my problem to christina. Christina then advised me to dial a # to activate the phone which by the way has been activated since 08. After the phone was reactivated she proceeds to tell me that there is not a problem with this phone since it was activated on today. I then told christina that I only changed my phone number online and that there was no prompt or instructions stating that I had to reactivate my phone and the problem preceeded my changing the number. Christina then tells me that phone calls were made on the phone. I asked christina to tell me when the last phone call was made. She stuttered and paused then told me March the 7th. I then informed Christina that I would like a credit for the time the phone was disabled. Christina preceeds to tell me that I still have to pay for the plan regardless. I then told her why should I pay for something I am unable to use? Christina then tells me that I should have called them to tell them that my phone is not working. How would I know if it is on your end(verizon). If it was for nonpayment and my phone was disconnected then I could see that. I also have 2 other phones and they were working fine all on the same plan and they are all secondary lines. I have a problem with a company who tell lies and robs their customers. I can not wait until my contract is up in june.

mike Apr 15, 2010

Why did you wait over a month to call you idiot?!?!?!?

Verizon payment double deducted from my bank

The amount XXX.XX is past due. Please pay now to avoid interruption.. Next to it, they had an option Pay Now.

I was in a rush to just get the bill paid, so I figured I wouldn't have too much of a problem. I scroll down to the bottom of the screen, click the checkbox saying I read an Agreement that is somehow necessary to perform a simple payment, and then hit Submit.Apparently, I was the victim of a bait-and-switch billing system. One that when you select one option, selects the other option on the next page.

I got TWO confirmation emails saying that 171.10 would be deducted from my bank account. I IMMEDIATELY contacted verizon, could not get a person by phone and got onto the "live chat" option. The person that I spoke with (after four tries to explain) ASSURED ME that only ONE payment was scheduled.

One payment was deducted from my bank account on April 3rd. GUESS WHAT? The SECOND payment, for exactly the same amount was deducted AGAIN today, April 6th.

I contacted Verizon and after talking to two people, waiting for almost an hour, I got the message that I would receive a refund in 7 to 10 business days. It's ok to auto deduct from MY account, by when Verizon makes a mistake, they take 7 to 10 days! That's nice. The 171.10 deducted the second time cause a check to bounce.

Fee: 35$. That caused a second check to bounce. Fee: 35$. I had enough to cover the two checks WITHOUT the extra 171.10 being debited. So now am short 171.10 + 70.00, thanks to Verizon's error. I asked the billing office about paying the 35$ fee due to their error and they transferred me to finance. Finance told me to call the 800 number tomorrow and speak with billing, then disconnected me.

When I looked into this practice, I see that Verizon has known about this problem for a long long time, - that the bill pay page is deceptive and takes you to another page, which then doubles the payment. I want this overdraft fee refunded to me and I want this deceptive practice stopped!

Verizon Wirelessfailure to port/additional charges

Verizon promised a port date of 09 Sept 2009 for a port to NumberGarage. The port never occurred. We were finally contacted by NG in November saying Verizon needed a password to port. I contacted Verizon and told them there was no password. If they couldn't port it, terminate it. Verizon continued to accumulated monthly charges through January 2010 and still has not terminated the account. It only died from failure to pay. No phone has been active on the account since August 2009. Now Verizon is attempting collection. A complaint has been filed with the FCC, but they do nothing. I also emailed my complaint to all of Verizon's executives without resolution.

• Ro
                            Rosemarie Barker Jan 21, 2011

There is absolutely no "Customer Service" with Verizon. ZILCH.

1) Property tax recovery;
                            9) Usage Charges;
                            10) Voice;
                            11)Messaging.

Verizon Fios — pay/fraud

Trg field solutions a subsidary of verizon fios there client- Beware of this company they promised full...

Verizon I was mislead, and probably lied to

In February I contacted Verizon to sign up for a less expensive phone service. The representative told me if I upgraded my internet service to FiOS and combined it with my phone service I would pay less. I would have the lower rate for a year with the option of renewing it for a year. I was obligated for one year. After 3 months my bill increased by $20/month, and I was told that was the length of the promotional offer. There is no way I would have knowingly agreed to a 3-month deal. I was mislead, and probably lied to. Beware of over-the-phone deals. Get it in writing!

Verizon / Pinnacle Creditripoff, wrong bill

I purchased Verizon service in August 2003 for a night time/weekend unlimited contract. In October 2003, I received their bill of $2000, including all the night time minutes charges. I then got in touch with their customer service department and complained about the bill, they replied that they would check and let me know.

Half a year later, I heard nothing back from them. So in Jan 2004, I called up again. This time, I got the same answer. I contacted them in May 2004, Dec 2004, May 2005 and Dec 2005 continuously. I sent them a registered letter May 2005 too.

In 2009, they sent my case to Pinnacle Credit Services. I called up Pinnacle and asked them to check the bill. I never heard back from them either. Then I called Verizon again, but Verizon refused to deal with my case this time, saying it was not in their hand any more.

So they report me to creditors bureau and have severely effected my credit.

It's very terrible of Verizon to have changed a wrong bill, never intended to correct it and then refused to deal with it.

Verizon Wirelesscrooks

wow...verizon wireless has hit an all time low. had a customer who was filing an insurance claim. he just purchased a "new" blackberry curve 2. customer tells me an hour and a half later he's back at the store because the phone stops working. the verizon rep looks at the phone and tells the customer to file an insurance claim because he has water damage. r u serious? i asked the customer has he had the phone near any water since he left the store. customer says no, i just purchased the phone why would i ruin it just to spend more money for a deductible? makes sense to me...as i go through the claim i verify information and turns out...verizon didn't even put the insurance on the customer's account. i tell the customer and of course he's pissed. it's a blackberry why wouldn't i have insurance? verifiies with verizon...who tells him sorry. no insurance, nothing we can do. water damage voids the warranty. now he's stuck with a phone he just purchased that doesn't work. i really think verizon sold him a phone that they knew had a little damage to it already.

so...doing a claim for another customer who says he just purchased his phone from verizon a month ago with a new contract. phone stops working. ask the customer has phone been droopped? any type of physical or liquid damage? customer says no. he took it to verizon and he told me verizon rep accused him of dropping the phone. technically if there is no visible damage to the phone you really have no way of knowing if it's been dropped. it is in warranty and it malfunctioned. so why won't they help the customers? verizon hates to honor a customer's warranty. they suck. so glad they are not my carrier. tragic. althought sprint has their problems too...so my carrier is far from perfect. but still better than verizon to me.

mike Apr 15, 2010

I forwarded these comments to Asurion so they can see that they only hire crackheads off the street.

• MAC Apr 15, 2010

MY FREND'S I THNIK BE FOUR U STARTT TOO CALL PEPOPOL CORK'S U SHOLD HERE BOTH SIDE'S OFF THE SOTRY FISRT,

VERISON HAS IT'S PORBOLEM'S IN FCAT I HALF PSOTSED A CONPLIABT ABOT VESRISOn ERLIER LAT'S YEAR

MY FREND'S

SICNERLY

BEL;SSING'S

Dr M A CARNARVORO

Verizon Share The Networknever see one referral dime

So far I purchased verizon 3 package at 115 per month... I then got my sister to leave direct tv... I never saw the 50 dollar referral because she called verizon to ask a question on her order and didnt ask the question online... So I got my parents to switch from cable... They inputed one number wrong on the website but everything else got ordered and they pay 149 a month but I loose my referral and so do they... It cant be corrected... They say try again and I stupidly give them my grandparents both 84 years old... They had trouble inputting all the info on the internet and so the referral didnt go all the way through so I lost that one also... Unless a person knows exactly what they want from the internet phone cell tv they cannot ever get one penny as they are not allowed to contact verizon by phone only by internet
                                We all wanted to cancel and each was charged 300 to 375 each just to get out of being lied to
                                I think this is the best scam ever tried and it works every day
                                Avoid verizon go to direct they pay you 50 dollars as soon as you give the referral name and they sign up
                                This cost me the 200 dollars in referral fees plus I had to pay [protected] to cancel I would say this was a living hell and I will warn everyone I can

• Ni
                                    nique9282 Jan 02, 2013

I AGREE...LOUSY PROGRAM. I was able to receive a gift card but it was to Verizon Wireless only. I don't have Verizon Wireless. I have all of there other services but nope I can't use it to pay for those. Ridiculous!!!

Verizon Wirelessmy money

I called verizon wireless customer care to get some information about there netbooks and this was on a wed. And I talked to a nice rep and gave him some information to see if there would be a deposit on opening a new account and gave my debit card information and the rep informed me there would be no deposit. Then we got to discussing what I wanted to with then net book and the rep informed me that I would be using too much data for a netbook and I said thanks for your time. Then three days later on saturday I get a text message stating that my order had been fullfilled. So I called verizon wireless to see what was going on and the rep informed me that I ordered a notebook and I said no I did not! I got information on a notebook and that was it and then she said no you just ordered a notebook and I said ma'am I have not talked to a rep since wed. And I did not order a note book and you better reverse the order and replace the order on the account. The rep put me on hold for 35 minutes and then came back on and said well I could submit a case and it will take 3 days. I said great and while you submit the case you can work on cancelling my account and I will be on the other line talking to at&t. Started the porting process while on hold and then the rep from verizon wireless dont worry I will be happy to cancel out your account. Then it took 15 days not 3 days 15 days to get my money back from verizon wireless,. And thats how they treat their customers.