Vapor Pak E-Cigarette PorductNever Recieved Product and was charged $9.95

Was offered for FREE a 12 day trial on the E-Cigarette, just had to pay shipping and handling. Never recieved product and the term indicated after 12 days they would charge my account $99.10 if no satisfied and $45.81 there after for membership, of course cancel any time. That is impossible since you can not contact this company. I called their [protected] customer service number and after the "all operators are busy" the line disconnects. As far as the website, I can no longer find it. I found these people thru and advertisement of some sort, maybe a pop-up.

• Da
    DanaLynn Nov 16, 2009

Thanks for the warning. I was going to try it but am suspicious of "just pay shipping" ads, so I Googled it and found your complaint and a few others on another site. I'd contact the Better Business Bureau. Also, I imagine you paid by credit card. Call the number on the back of the card and dispute the charge. They should also be able to provide you with contact info for the company, as I'm sure they need to receive some info in order to process the charge. So definitely call them and the BBB. Good luck! As for me, I guess I'll stick with the gum. It's just that I know from trying to quit before that you go through this thing where you just DIE for the sensation of inhaling, and it's a horrendous urge that begins deep in the pit of your stomach and just radiates outward consuming your entire body. Okay, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, but that feeling sucks!

• In
    inzombiak Nov 25, 2009

I was searching for information on electronic cigarettes when I came across Vapor Pak's ads for a free trial. The web page wouldn't allow me to search the actual site without entering my address and email. I tried to find other links so that I could see their products before I made a decision but all the links went directly to the free trial offer. I did not sign up since I won't trust a company that hides their information and intentionally disallows the consumer to get information about their products before the purchase.

• El
    Elsbeth Flashman Nov 28, 2009

I am also having trouble with Vapor Pak. First, I didn't receive it and then after 2 calls and 3 weeks later finally got it. I wanted to cancel on the first phone call but they gave me some bull that I had to actually received the product before they would cancel. So now I have it and I'm going to call and cancel on Monday and I know they are going to give me a ration of s---t so I am also going to call my credit card company and tell them not to honor the charges.
    Meanwhile I bought another brand--Green Cigarettes and they were delivered promptly, it comes with a charger and I like the taste of the cartridges better than the Vapor Pak.

• Tp
    tpurcell Dec 01, 2009

I also had lots of problems with Vapor Pak. I ordered the trial pack for $9.95 on November 1st. Week one passed and no product. I called them and of course I got no answer. Week 2 came and went. I called again and of course, its on its way will be there in a day or two. Week three passed, called and representatives were busy. On November 20th they took the $99.10 out of my checking account. (I still had no product) On November 28th at 3:38 PM, they finally arrived. I was very excited to try them out, after two puffs, my stomache was very queezy. I immediatly put them down. I called the company and they said I am sorry but we can't refund the $99.10 because we already shipped them out and you should have them on December 1st. They did not want to work with me. I asked them to because after all they did not ship the trial pack out in a timely manner and the customer service rep said "you should have called." I got suckered!!
    Meanwhile, I have spent $110.00 on something that I can't use. But, I learned a valuable lesson. I will do more research before I buy something like this again.

• Go
    goodrich Dec 08, 2009

Offer to have your attorney contact them.. So far it worked for me... Same thing happened to us. My Boyfriend ordered the free trial and of course they charged my account for the $9.95 S&H... On November 27th they took their $9.95 out of my account and said that we should have the product in a couple days. Well it is now December 8, no product.. The 12 day period is up today and Yesterday December 7.. The company (Cigarettes Without Smoking dba Top Focus LLC phone number [protected]) CHARGED MY ACCOUNT $99.10. As soon as I noticed that they charged my account I called them and spoke with a lady.. yes I got all the information... She said that since the 12 days was already up they shipped out another e-cigarette blah blah blah... Told her I did not want it and that the charge they are hitting me for was an unauthorized charge... She said that she voided the transaction number and also gave me a transaction number... but that was only after I told her that they would be hearing from my attorney and that not only would they be paying me the $99.10 back but also any overdraft charges that occured on my bank account and that they would be reported as a fraudulant company... So I guess I will just have to wait and see if the charge was actually voided or if They will be hearing from my Attorney...

• Lu
    luvdogs Dec 10, 2009

My experience with the Safe Trials/Vapor Pak is like the other complaints with this company. I did not receive the trial pak within the 12 days therefore I could not try the product before I was charged the $99.10. My phone calls to the company fell I deaf ears it was too late and I would not receive any kind of refund. Very valuable lesson and will will never buy from the internet again.

• El
    ElocinSnave Dec 14, 2009

I ordered this product about 1 hour ago, but within a few minutes of placing the order I found this website and decided that maybe I shouldn't have. I called them right away to cancel my order. Luckily, someone answered the phone and I spent the next 40 minutes arguing with them that I wanted to cancel my order. I did not want to receive the product and I DID NOT want to be charged. I spoke with a man named Mark Lopez and he told me that the product was already shipped. I am sorry but I find that very hard to believe since I had only placed it 30 minutes before and it was 8pm CST! Of course he kept trying to talk me into trying the product, but I had to repeat myself several times...I do not want the product and I do not want to pay anything further! So... after a long and VERY frustrating conversation, he told me that there is nothing he can do about the shipping and the product was already on its way, but I would not be charged anything further. He gave me a confirmation code for the cancellation and all I have to say is that I happen to find any charges on my card...there will be consequences!!!
    Thank you for the warning everyone and I will follow up if I have any further problems with this company. It was ordered through SafeTrialOffers. Customer service number: [protected].

• Ub
    UB2007 Dec 19, 2009

I just received the trial pack. However today is the 12th day which is a Saturday and their customer service is M-F. I called my bank and asked them to cancel my card and send me a new one. Let's see what you do now f******s.
    Anyway, I tried the cigarette and it's flavored! I have no idea if I can get an unflavored one, but I don't see myself using this in any case. I can't believe I fell for this scam. People out there... DO NOT BUY FROM VAPOR PAK

• Ju
    juejue Dec 20, 2009

Okay so i got my vapor e-cig about the same time the 12 day warranty ended (scam). It doesn't come with a charger, and the battery died before i was even able to use all 4 filters. Fortunately I do enjoy the product, it works very well, i just wish I could charge it. So i hear they actually send you a whole other pack with another e-cig on top of your first, with more filters and charger.

All and all, pay the extra money for another brand, in the long run it's cheaper than this ###... I thought I could escape the corrupt corporations or small groupings of tobacco cigarettes with these new age devices.

Suppose most things are scams... Good Luck All!

• Me
    Merchant Dec 20, 2009

protect your business with www.merchantlock.com

sandram04 Dec 22, 2009

i did have similer thing happen but i got 2 packs within 7 days and i only agreed to the 9.95 deal so i called and canceled and they said they would refund my 99.10 for the 2nd e cig pak well now there are over draft fees up the yin yang, cant ever speak with a suprovisor so i called and told them they have untill 5 pm cali time to compleate my refund ( been well over 16 days now ) or im making a police report, contacting the bbb, as well as my attorney and the fbi. So we will see what happends. I also got mine from that SafeTrialOffers [protected] ) place. Well just went to look for the envolope the e gigs came in and my hubby said he through it away. Great! Does anyone happen to still have the address on the e gig envolope? Can i get it from you please? Thanks so much. By the way the email they sent me for my refund was Nov 30, 2009 Im still waiting!

• Zz
    Zzzmaniac Dec 24, 2009

I also got scammed and I agree with everything previously posted. I just wanted to warn everyone that changing your credit card account number does NOT prevent these crooks from getting your money. They are able to "push" the charge through based on the account number you gave them initially. Notify your credit card company to monitor and decline debits from the merchant.

• La
    Lauren Atkins Dec 29, 2009

I wrote an email to customer service at safe trial offers.. This is what it said:

"I'd like to inform you that this company is scamming people out of thier money by slyly wording their terms and conditions.

My husband and I recently ordered the 12 day trial offer, the terms and conditions state: "The 12 day trial period starts on the day you place your order and includes processing and transit time. Upon ordering, you agree to pay the non-refundable $9.95 shipping and handling fees for the trial offer which includes one rechargeable e-cigarette, one wall charger, and 6 cartridge re-fills. Unless you call customer support to cancel before the end of the 12 day trial period, you will you be charged a discounted price of only $99.10 automatically." As shown on this website: https://www.safetrialoffers.com/vapor_pak/terms.html .

We were called by the company's customer service team 2 days after our order was placed. We declined their membership offer for 99.10, and requested for our account to be canceled with no further charges. The representative on the call agreed, stated that my husband's account would no longer be charged, and that she would cancel our account. a week later our account has been charged the 99.10, and we have called customer service a total of 3 times. The first time we were insulted and told that all of the supervisors were on phone calls. The second time, all of the supervisors were busy, and I was hung up on. The third time we called customer service we were told all of the supervisors were in a conference. All three of our phone calls were within the same 10 minute time frame. Not only that, but we only had the trial e cig for 5 days before we were charged the 99.10.

The customer service is terrible, and we have been told that our account will be canceled, yet our account is still open, and we may only get a half refund because when the customer service team called us, it "didn't count" because we were still supposed to call them instead.

All in all, I will be reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau, and spreading the word to all the personnel on MCB Camp Lejeune not to do business with this company or it's affiliates. That's over 40, 000 military members who will not be buying from this website, or vaporpack.

I strongly suggest you remove your company from vaporpack's list of affiliates.

Thank you for your attention to this matter."

but lo and behold, Yahoo returned my email because that email address does not exist. Go figure.

Either way this company is a sham and frauds you out of somewhere close to 200 dollars before you can get everything canceled correctly with their company.

• Nb
    nboy Feb 03, 2010

I ordered the e-cigarette on 11/26/09 and apparently didn't read the fine print because I didn't know how long it would take to get the trial product. I was charged the 9.95 S&H and paid it. When I got my credit card stmt I realized I hadn't yet received the trial product so I called the [protected] on 12/16/09 and they said the order was processed and they gave me a tracking # to call my post office with. They said my trial period was over on 12/24/09 even though I still hadn't received the product; AND they proceeded to tell me they would only charge me $59.99 for the full product. I told them NOT to send me anything else OR charge me for anything else since I still hadn't even received the trial product AND I didn't like how things were handled. On 12/22/09 I still hadn't received the trial product so I called again and although I just told them to "forget everything" and cancel my account and repeated I didn't want any further product or charges they insisted on changing my trial period to 12/31/09. Finally on 12/28/09 I received the trial product and immediately called and told them to cancel my account. They said they would and gave me a Cancellation # and assured me I wouldn't get charged or get any further product. Then I got my credit card bill and saw the $59.99 was charged to me on 12/24/09. I called them on 1/13/10 and gave them my cancellation # and they said they'd refund my credit card in 7 days. The same day I called my credit card company and instigated a "billing dispute". I called Vapor Pak customer service again on 1/22/10 to say I still hadn't gotten my credit. They said the refund/credit was processed on the 13th but this time they said it would take 7 - 10 days business days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said they were all busy but would call me back...they didn't. I called again on 1/26/10 and this time they said it would be 10 - 14 business days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she was. When I questioned her further she hung up on me. I believe I won't have to pay this and that my credit card company waits 30 days from when Vapor Pak promised to credit my account (1/13/10) before they pursue it further but it still irks me that they are getting away with this. I hope the Better Business Bureau is aware of this and shuts these people down!!!

another concerned citizen Oct 22, 2010

My boyfriend wanted to order this and I warned him about all these so called " free offers...just pay shipping " only to have them keep charging your card. I told him to use his PRE PAID VISA card, and ONLY put the total amount for shipping on it, nothing more. That way, they CAN'T take any more money out, and you have just beaten them at their own game ! Do this for pretty much anything you order, if you aren't sure and READ THE FINE PRINT ALWAYS !!!