VacuumCleaners.netsent wrong item refused refund

I ordered a Sanyo vacuum. A person from their store called me and told me they didn't have the model I ordered and they would send me an upgrade at no extra cost. I said, "Great because I love Sanyos." This would of been the point he should of said, "It is a different brand. It is a Royal." When I received the vacuum and saw it wasn't the brand I ordered I called their store. I told them I wanted a Sanyo not a Royal and when they told me they were upgrading I thought they meant to a better model of Sanyo. He told me that you can't buy upright Sanyo vacuums anywhere in the U.S. anymore. I told him well I want to send this back. The guy said I would need an authorization number to return the vacuum and he needed my email address. He told me to wait 24 hours for the email. After 48 hours I had not received the email with the autorization number I called again. The person I spoke to this time said he would email me right now and again asked for my email address. By the end of the day I had not received the email so I called and the person who answered said they were short handed and they would not be emailing it out that day, I asked if he just couldn't give me the number over the phone and he said no you have to get it email. This is when I called my credit card company and put a dispute in over the transaction. I called two days later just to see if I could get the number. The person I spoke to implied that since I hadn't asked for the names of anyone I spoke to before I was tough out of luck. He told me I ok'd the replacement which I responded that the person I talked to never told me it was a different brand name. I told him the conversation I had about the upgrade and they shouldn't put models their website of merchandise they don't have. ( they had about six models for Sanyo listed.) Mike told me(I got his name) that the week before they had bought all the available models left and they had sold out of them the week I ordered but if you go to their web site they still list the upright Sanyo in their inventory. I told Mike I would send the vacuum back without the authorization number and he said I will refuse it and send it right back to you. You need that authorization number. He refused to give me an authorization number because he had to talk to the owner of the store. When he found out I had filed a complaint with the credit card people he told me there is nothing I can do for you then. I can't help you anymore and if you send the vacuum back I will refuse it.

RESOLVED

• Co
    COMPLAINING USER Mar 16, 2013

BE AWARE OF THIS BUSINESS, DO NO BUY FROM THEM, I PAID TROUGH PAYPAL 3, 000 USD AND HAVE NO ANSWER BY PHONE OR EMAIL, BE CAREFULL.

• Di
    Dissappointedcustomer Jan 30, 2013

I ordered a vacuum back in december and I can never reach them and never received any confirmation of my vacuum being sent. Wish I had looked at this website before I ordered.

Joey Davies Sep 16, 2012

The ### who runs this place is named S. Rosen. He lives at 191 Lakeview Drive, Hewlett. He rips off everyone. I had to go to his house and threaten the thief before he game me a refund of the garbage he sold my wife. He charges three times what something is worth, sels broken goods and constantly rips off people.

BEWARE. Long Beach Vacuum is a CROOK!

sam the man12 Aug 30, 2011

I bought so many things from them and they were curtious and willing to help. They even sent me an upgraded model at the same price because they were out of a certain model.

sam the man12 Aug 30, 2011

I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GOOD EXPIERENCES WITH VACUUMCLEANERS.NET. THE RETURN POLICY IS CLEARLY STATED ON THE WEB SITE AND I AGREED BEFORE VACUUM WAS SENT OUT. WHY WOULD SOMEONE ACCEPT SOMETHING THEY DIDNT ORDER?

Mangroves Jun 28, 2011

Amazing, we are now going through exactly the same as the other people mentioned above. This company is probably some mom & pop shop with a fancy website. Do not buy from them, they switch the order around and make it look like you ordered the wrong item. My husband ordered a commercial vacuum for $199, he was sent one for $415 and the totally wrong vacuum. When speaking with the first contact we had, she was argumentative and rude. Then we spoke to Mike and he was just as rude. We would've been happy to exchange at first until they started arguing with my husband and telling him he ordered the wrong vacuum...again, don't buy from them!!! We are now disputing the charge on the credit card, filing a complaint with the FTC and Better Business Bureau...I suggest anybody that has a similar complaint do the same. This company should not be allowed to operate.

• St
    SteveR. Jan 22, 2011

I have had an EXACT experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with the EXACT complaint. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.

• Va
    vacuumcleaners Jun 22, 2009

Customer was informed that the unit being sent was a royal vacuum at time of sending out unit. When customer received unit they wanted to return for a full refund. We said we can only exchange as to the terms of our website.