Complaints & Reviews

Bait and switch tactics, lies

I originally contacted this company to buy a particular mold killer chemical and to rent a special water extractor machine for use in a flood cleanup. What I found was a dishonest company which would rather lie and pass off inadequate products to make a quick sale instead of being honest.

Vacuumcleaners.net operates out of a retail store in Long Beach, NY - so my dealings were done face to face in their store.

First, for the water extractor machine, they told me that they had a special machine which was much more powerful than a wet/dry vac. I sent another person to go pick it up, so I wasn't there to inspect and reject it... They had substituted a regular carpet cleaning machine instead of the high-powered water extractor. Needless to say, their product was not fit to the job and was completely ineffective.

Also, I called ahead to see if they had the particular mold killer chemical I needed, and they told me they had it in stock. When I arrived, the owner tried to pass off carpet shampoo instead. Shampoo obviously was not going to do the job. I mean, the chemical I was looking for was some powerful stuff - the sort of thing you need to wear safety gear to apply safely. And he tried to pass off shampoo for that. He probably never even had the mold killer chemical I needed - they were just looking to make a quick sale.

The next day, I came back to return the improper carpet cleaning machine and to ask for my money back, and to confront them about their many lies and dishonest practices. The owner became so enraged that he became physically violent towards me. His partner was needed to restrain him from attack. He told me that he "knew where I lived" and that I "didn't know who I was messing with." What a fool.

Anyhow, these are sick people and are not to be trusted. Do not do business with them under any circumstances.

• My
    mypar86 May 24, 2010

This customer is lying. They wanted to use a commercial cleaning extractor for a flood and then return it. Nice try!

SteveR. Jan 22, 2011

I have had a similar experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with very similar complaints. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.

sent wrong item refused refund

I ordered a Sanyo vacuum. A person from their store called me and told me they didn't have the model I ordered and they would send me an upgrade at no extra cost. I said...

'Dented' vacuum cleaner

On September 4, 2006, I purchased a Sanitaire #886 Vacuum cleaner over the internet at the site www.vacuumcleaners.net. I received the machine but it was 'dented' on the top chrome piece. I went back to the website and posted the complaint to the dealer. There was a return message promising me that someone would respond within one business day. No one responded, so a couple of days later I sent another email message via their website. Again no one responded, so I called the telephone number listed on the site. The man I spoke with told me it was my problem with the delivery company. I explained that there was no way I could verify that the damage did not happen at the suppliers warehouse and that I did not feel it should be my problem. I was told that the only thing I could do was to call the delivery company, (UPS), and file a claim with them. I refused to do this. I sent approximately 4 more emails requesting an Return Merchandise Authorization number. Then I spoke to customer service and I was told by the same man that the problem was between me and UPS, that I needed to call them. I am very dissatisfied with the process with this company and have asked for resolution through my credit card company.

• Ez
    ezconsum Feb 21, 2009

I have purchased from them many times, had returns and never had a problem. They were always very professional and fast.

• Va
    vacuumcleaners Jun 22, 2009

This was a damage through UPS and a claim must be filed through UPS. If a damage should occur in shipping the customer must file the claim and we then would send out replacement. Customer refused to file damge through UPS.

• My
    mypar86 May 24, 2010

As we explained to the customer we are unable to ship out another vacuum until the damaged item is picked up. The customer refused to cooperate and until make vacuum available for UPS to pick up. We were unable to send out a new vacuum until the customer released the damaged one.

SteveR. Jan 22, 2011

I have had a similar experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with a very similar complaint. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.

Not accepting return or refund

I ordered a Hoover model S2561 Quick Broom Portapower Stick Broom and received a Hoover S2220 Flair Bagless Stick Vacuum. The Hoover S2220 is a less capable product than the S2561, yet I was charged the price for the more expensive S2561.

Long Beach Vacuum & Cleaners.net would not accept my return or refund my money. It had to be resolved through my credit card company.

Company details:
Long Beach Vacuum & Cleaners.net, Long Beach, NY

• Ke
    Kelly Skinner Jan 30, 2007

I had a similar experience. I order Hoover’s Bagged Temp Widepath, but vacuumcleaners.net (aka Long Beach Vacuum, 264 E. Park, Long Beach, NY 11561) sent me some non-name vacuum called a Perfect. I called to tell them I ordered a Hoover and I wanted a Hoover. They said this non-name vacuum was better then the Hoover I order. I told them I didn’t want it and requested to return it. They refused to accept it. I had to work with my credit card company get a refund. After several weeks and many hours on the phone, I finally go my refund.

• Va
    vacuumcleaners Jun 22, 2009

Upon ordering the vacuum customer was informed that the model that was oredered was no longer available and was offered a substitute which was agreed upon. Credit was issued to customer for the difference but she wanted full refund. We explained we could not offer refund but if they would ship unit back we would be more than happy to exchange for any other product.

SteveR. Jan 22, 2011

I have had an EXACT experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with the EXACT complaint. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.