Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] / misrepresentation.

We rented a condo from Celeste Baily through VRBO. Celeste Baily. Bless her heart she is trying to make some coin and must be unaware what has happened to her property. Upon our arrival we were unable to gain entry, as the lockbox (according to the housekeeper) jams all the time. When we finally gained entry it was clear that the cleaning crew had not visited. There were remnants of food and stickiness on the table, thick dust on the curtains, wooden floor and the upstairs bathroom is caked in gunk around the tub and tiles. The master bedroom mattress pad through to the mattress had urine and blood on it. A crunchy sticky substance had dried on the carpet just next to the bed. We can only assume it was a certain body fluid from the appearance and how it felt when I stepped in it in my stocking feet. Miss Baily was out of town in Belize. Repeated texting between her, the housekeeper and her friends and neighbors went on into the night and next day. To her credit she offered us the opportunity to leave the premises and go to the $400 a night Marina down the street. As we had been driving all day and due at a funeral the next, in pj's and suffering the hell of chronic illness we packed our exhausted bodies onto the couch and the second bed. We cleaned up the best we could, grit our teeth and sucked it up. I documented all of the broken, scarred dirty gross goings on for Ms Bailey and texted them to her. Our priority was a gathering of loved ones, friends and family to lay a young woman to rest, not apartment hopping in the pursuit of comfort. We were told by Miss Bailey's friends that a mattress cover and mattress would be arranged for the following day. It was so gracious of them to interrupt their relaxing glasses of wine to pop over. Unfortunately the following day upon speaking with JoAnne the housekeeper we discovered that a new mattress pad to hid the blood and urine was what was in fact being offered. We departed o dark thirty to begin the journey home to mourn and decompress. After mulling it over I called Vrbo for guidance. Much to my dismay I realized I had handled this poorly and should have contacted Vrbo immediately. I wish Ms Bailey well and hope she is able to return her property to the glory it must have had back in the day. This has never happened to me when traveling and utilizing Vrbo. I think this was an isolated incident. Time to move on, lesson learned. UPDATED 7/11/19 My deposit has yet to be refunded. emails to Ms Bailey and calls to VRBO have resulted in "check is in the mail" type of response.
Date of arrival - June 28, 2019 Checkout June 30th.

Settings