Vacation Club by Cheap TripsBenefits not as verbally stated

F

The vacation club benefits they represented weren't true.

First, Cheap Trips charges you $99 to get the package.

Then you have to pay $15 - $35 processing fee to register each and every certificate with Vacation Getaways in Dublin, CA.

Once you receive the "official" certificate from Vacation Getaways you have to send these in with another "registration fee" or a "refundable deposit" to another travel agency.

For example, with the 2 for 1 cruise offer I received, and the only reason I purchased this vacation package, I sent in my $15 "registration fee" to Vacation Getaways. They sent me another certificate for which it was required to send in another "registration fee” of $10 to My Free Travel in Chicago, IL. After they receive their cut they will send you "further reservation correspondence". You are required to use their website to book the trip. The problem is you have to pay the PUBLISHED BROCHURE RATE. Check out all the discount cruises and you will see most are discounted more than 50%, which makes this certificate worthless. It unfortunately cost me $15 to find out. I'm not following through on the additional $10 registration. It just isn't financially prudent.

On the 3 Days/2 Nights offer, after my additional $15 registration fee, I sent in an additional $50 deposit to Getaway to Paradise in Tampa, Fl. I am still awaiting my package so I can use this offer.

The $100 discount on the airfare is for only for a ticket costing $750 or more. I can't remember the last time I paid that much for a ticket and I fly about 30 trips per year. Again, this offer is probably worthless.

I haven’t sent in the 8 Day/7 Night certificate yet, but am hoping this one will go better.

• Te
    Terry Bryk Dec 01, 2008

These people will not refund my money after I returned the packet as directed.

• Bo
    Bonie Dec 02, 2008

How do I get my money back? I sent the packages back and they were signed for.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices