Usell.com

unused cellphone

usell.com
1014 Sunrise Drive
Belgrade, Montana
i sent usell.com my old blackberry to have them recycle it because i was not using it anymore...i went on the website to see how much i could get for the old phone...i was quoted $217.00 for my blackberry...i waited for a month for them too send me a check in the amount of $217.00...i got my check today (5/9/2017) for the amount of $5.00...i am very pissed off that i let a company like this rip me off as well as many other people that fall for a bogus scam like this.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

N     0 Votes

Usell.com - You won't get money back
Usell
usell.com

I received a notice from this company saying that I would get a check in the amount of $25.00 for my Blackberry Curve.

I sent an email telling them that they should have received my phone. This was their reply, "Dear Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

According to our records we have not yet received your phone but we have been experiencing unusual delays recently with the post office – it will likely arrive any day now. Once we receive your phone, you will receive an email notifying you.

If for some reason you do not hear from us again in the next 7 - 10 business days, please get back in touch with us so we can look into your situation.

We appreciate your business!

Regards,

The uSell Team"

You cannot track your device on their website and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
A     0 Votes
I screwed up and sent them 6 phones. And i havent recieved my money yet eather. And i sent them in 2 weeks ago. Anyone know the number so i can see if they recieved my phones. I might have to take legal actions if i do not get my money.
N     0 Votes

Usell.com - All The Indicators Of Fraud
uSell.com
Washington DC
District of Columbia
uSell.com

Count me in as another victim of uSell. My experience follows the patterns described by other contributors to this site. First, over three weeks passed after sending in my IPhone. When I made an email inquiry to uSell (no telephone number available), I received the explaination my phone had not been received and that the USPS was to blame for slow prossessing. I contacted the USPS Brentwood Processing Facility and was told that there were no problems with deliveries to uSell and that other postal customers had telephoned with similar complaints. When I emailed uSell again, I was informed with much fanfare that my phone had arrived and was being appraised. That was over two weeks ago. When I made inquiry as to why I was not receiving the advertised uSell email updates regarding the processing of my phone, I was told that uSell was experiencing problems with their internal communications - whatever that means. I was part of a group of people who upgraded iPhones. The members of my group who sent their phones to other sites received checks weeks ago. After reading the postings on this site, and others sites based on a simple Google search of uSell Compliants, I wish I had just donated my phone to charity. Paper thin shipping bags, claims of broken phones, repeated delays, conflicting stories and payments less than quoted values are all indicators of fraud. As phones are shipped via USPS, I will be filing a complaint with the Postal Inspectors (postalinspectors.uspis.gov) and urge others who have had similar experiences with uSell to do the same. If you have a phone you want to recycle for cash, consider another company besides uSell or donate to a local charity.
A     0 Votes
You Kow, I have thought ALOT lately about how Every Single Time I have ordered something off TV and/or internet, or even phone orders, I have seen customer service take one big leap, sraigt to HELL! It's upsetting, from No.1 being banks, every thing else, being orders not complete, to lying about straightning out your problems problems, and horrifying customer service, there is only one thing left to do. Either buy from websites that are insured; (so to speak); where you WILL be refunded, such as E-Bay, but best of all, Sue, Sue, Sue! If people would STAND UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS, THESE COMPANIES AND BANKS, WOULD GO BROKE! WE SIT BACK AND TAKE ALL THIS RIPPING OFF, AND WHEN WE CAN'T GET REFUNDS OR WHAT WE HAVE ORDERED, OR PAID FOR, WE JUST WRITE A COMPLAINT, JUST LIKE THIS ONE! STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHT, DAMN IT, AND SUE THESE PEOPLE! i HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED TAKING THEIR S--T! I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY, BUT I DO KNOW THROUGH EXPERIANCE, ATTORNEY'S WON'T CHARGE YOU UNTIL YOU WIN, AND FURTHERMORE, ARE TAKING MORE AND MORE CASES OF THESE KIND EVERY DAY! sTOP WHINING AND STAND UP!!! MY SCORE IS 2 TO 0
A     0 Votes
My first encounter was the simplest it could be...the first encounter made me cringe.

I offered my 1 year old (like new) Kodak Z981 camera to see if this might be a method of selling a very good camera. I have offers ranging from $250.00 to 270.00 and all I really expected was an offer from an online website.

How does an offer of $20 bucks sound to you? I recommend everyone make a better effort before even considering this web site at www.usell.com - cannot recommend them at all. Other web sites tell me you might not get the $20 bucks promised either...?

Jpark
A     0 Votes
For all of you who have complaints about " Usell"... I now more than a few people who sent in devices & never received the cash they were promised. The post office delay excuse is a long standing theme from this company. I suggest that you all promptly report them to your local Better Business Bureau, & then the Attorney General's office. There are also several law firms who are looking into complaints about this unscrupulous company. Writing your complaints on web sites is a great help to others who might consider doing business with Usell, but you need to pursue other options if you want to remedy your situation. I hope this review helps & good luck to all.

Tina