Usa Universal Subscription AgencyTerrible scam!

USA universal subscription agency ordered sport fishing magazine and paid $55.00 total on 9/17/2007. 120 days to delivery, have received nothing. Beware people!

• Ka
    Karen Mar 07, 2008

Oh my gosh! I just spent the same a month ago and still have not received my refund or any magizines. This is complete bull ###. I just wrote another email saying I will take legal action... so we'll see how that goes.

• Ed
    edwin Apr 21, 2008

Spent 55 for magazines... no magazines, no refund as of january 2008.

• Di
    Diana Piazza May 02, 2008

Ordered Rolling Stone Magazine for $65.00 on August 24th 2007. Still have not received any magazines, no Refunds, and can't get in touch with anyone via telephone or E-mail. They are a HUGE SCAM...

• Er
    Eric McCorkle May 04, 2008

Same thing happeend to me..A young man told me he would get points if I bought some magazines. If he got so many points he would get to go to cancoon.

• Ai
    aida cintron May 16, 2008

My husband ordered Jack and Jill $58.00 and Child $61.00 and still not received yed no money no books but i had a lawyer from 8-17-05--in to this day

joyce hill May 24, 2008

they are in gadsden, alabama

• Sw
    S. Williams Jun 10, 2008

They are in West Georgia as of last week. Yes, I fell for it. Fortunately, my bank did not charge me anything to put a stop pay on my check.

• La
    laura Jun 18, 2008

Ugh. I am so ashamed of myself. It was literally 100 degrees out so I invited them in. I was a young girl home alone and they were so friendly with the high-fives and whatnot. So I bought their magazine..they said I had to buy two. So I did. $90.

I didn't tell my mom what I spent that money on because I knew I was naive and foolish. I don't even know if I'll get those magazines after all. One was a father's day present.

Ya know, I just pray that whoever gets my money will put it to good use and if it's a scam, they'll reap it back one day.

Christine Jul 07, 2008

I used to work for them. Its not the company thats a scam. Its the people your buying from. I can give you guys a few hints and tips to check and see if you got scammed. Agents are just out there to make money, if you dont buy anything, they are probably having trouble in your neighborhood and their is a chance they arent eating that night =[

Signs of a scam.

*Dont believe them if they say they are sending it to troops over seas or to childrens hospitals (it doesnt happen, you get the magazine, even IF they dont write your address down, they write it on the reciept later)

*No they are not affiliated with any high school or college, they are independant contractors just tryin to make a nickel.

*No they do not get any points if you cancel the order.

*If they do not write the name of the magazine in the box before the # of issues and the Price...Then you are not recieving the one you asked for. They know you wont pay the price for the one you want so they charge you for a cheaper one.

The kids that do this are only trying to make money. Most of them have trouble doing any other job. I've known the buisness for 6 months. If you really want to worry about being scammed. Dont buy from anyone selling for Chaunci Coull. Shes dirty buiness. Steve Ingram wants clean buisness but his agents want the money so his company gets a bad name.

Christine Jul 07, 2008

Oh and PS.

When I left them a month ago they were in colorado.

They were headed north to Minnesota and then to chicago.

So you people are crazy thinkin they are in the south in the summer.

My boss was a hardworker but not a slave driver. He keeps them up north where its cool in the summer.

• Cr
    Crystal McAninch Jul 24, 2008

Same story for me. I called the Nevada DA, and they gave me this link: http://www.fyiconsumer.org/new-feedback.htm

File a complaint form on the site and make sure you send it in! The investigator I talked to said they are getting hundreds of complaints and they are actually getting people's money back! Do it and WARN PEOPLE!

The DA cannot solicit complaints but I can so you need to do this!!

• Ki
    Kimberly Oct 07, 2008

They were in the south in MARCH 08 because that is where they ripped me off. can not get through on the phone and can't seem to find a web site. $60 is what they got from me! I am really tired of all the worthless people out there always trying to take my hard earned money. For all of you who worked for these people sham on you and try getting a real job!

• Fe
    Felicia Oct 13, 2008

I spent $42 for magazines back in January 2008 still haven't receive a magazines and because I'm on the West Coast their office is always close by the time I call.

• Su
    Susie Weber Oct 31, 2008

They are in San Antonio Texas as of 31 Oct 08. Going to the bank tomorrow to stop payment on the check!

• Je
    Jennifer Nov 02, 2008

I got scammed in San Antonio too. I actually saw the guy I bought the magazines from panhandling today. That is when I stopped payment on my check. I totally believed his story. These guys are just a bunch of crackheads scamming for their next high.

• Du
    Dusty Nov 03, 2008

I got scammed in Austin, TX on Nov. 1st. I am very upset because I paid in cash (idiot!). I would like to help anyone else try to report them and get them off the streets if that is in any way possible. He better hope he never sees me again.

• Am
    Amy Nov 11, 2008

It's November 11th 2008 and I just got taken in here in Austin, TX. I feel like such a fool! I felt so bad for the girl! I wanted to help!

• Na
    Nancy Nov 14, 2008

Well, if this is true then I just go scammed too. Thankfully I only gave those girl $35 of my hard earned money. I knew I was being foolish but I did it anyway. I am in Austin as well...by the way. :(

• La
    Lauren Nov 18, 2008

Well, they are in College Station, Tx now! I just called my Dad to tell him how I was helping this guy from Detroit who got shot in the leg last year. He told me I neede to check it out, because it might be a scam... great. I bought Hunting Magazine as a Christmas present for my brother. I guess I will cancel my check in teh morning.

Christine Dec 02, 2008

Ya'll need to check your reciepts and make sure they say UNIVERSAL Subscription Agency...NOT UNITED...the two always get mixed up. I used to work for Universal and i saw what kind of business they did...and for whoever said its not a real job...I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU GO OUT AND TRY IT. Make a sale to someone who has been scammed a million times before...i would love to see you do it. Yeah you cant trust them all...but you should be able to judge some kind of character and see who's really lying to you...

• Cr
    craftychick Jan 27, 2009

Rip off, Rip off, Rip off. This is the second time I got taken - the first time was 10 years ago, and last November some "friendly" girl showed up selling magazines. I told her that I had been ripped off before, and she said "oh no, I hope you don't hold that against me, because this is legit!" Bull! She got $45 of my money and $65 from my mother-in-law - I'm so dumb! At least she wrote "God Bless You!" on the bottom of my receipt - God bless the next person that shows up selling magazines!

no name Feb 11, 2009

They came to my door today! I was about to subscribe the magazine before my husband came in and interrupted. We told him to come back another day as we wanted to find more about the company online. He was kind of stubborn and did not accept our request. We found it very difficult to make him go. I do not think he is gonna come back again.

• Om
    OMAC_01 Feb 12, 2009

I live in Austin, tx. It was November 4th, 2008
    A girl came knocking at my door saying if i would like to purchase a couple of magazines so
    she could het points and support her baby.It is now Febuary 12, 2009 and i have still not recieved anything
    I was SURPRISED because the bank had alredy cashed the check.
    HOW CAN THESE PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEM SELFS KNOWING THAT THEY JUST SCAMMED SOMEONE!
    HOPE THOSE PPL ARE STOPPED :)

• Mi
    misswarren24 Mar 08, 2009

I bought a magazine for my 4 year old sons birthday back in november of 2008. Its been over 120days and still nothing, no magazine no money back and every time I call the number on the reciept it says the voicemail box is full! yeah because they scammed all these people who are pissed off and are calling them. I will NEVER fall for the poor young people claiming they need points to go on vacation when I could have used that 40.00 dollars to go to the movies or the zoo or for food!!!

• Mw
    mware Mar 23, 2009

Well, I fell for it back in October 2008 in San Antonio, TX. Wrote a $92 check for a magazine for my husband and a book for my daughter. I was so excited since it was night time stories she and I could read together. Yeah, still nothing. So I pull out my receipt tonight. I call, wanting to check on my book. Some girl answered. Poor girl, she just got the phone number this week. She can expect many more calls to come. She said she was with T-mobile. No surprise there. Regardless, is there anything that can be done? I don't care who's to blame...the company or the people that are "working hard" for their money. Bull. I see nothing legitimate about it and have learned a valuable lesson. 90 bucks can go a long way. What else is funny, some girls came knocking on our door a month later selling the same thing, magazines. She told me I may want to check into the company that I'd previously ordered for to make sure they were legit. I did call the number that evening and got an answering machine. Left it at that. It's amazing. Needless to say, I have a no soliciting sign on my door now. Enough is enough and I don't want to be bothered with it any longer. I'm sorry for the real people that may be fund raising for something legit but I don't know who I can and can't trust these days. I've got better things to do with my money than to hand it out to "scammers".

• Ra
    Randy Perigo Apr 20, 2009

I totally agree with all of these people who have been scammed by this so called company, and whoever thinks thats this is a job should be thrown in the pot of hell along with the individuals that really are out there pulling this bs off. They should be ashamed of what they are doing here, this rates up there almost as high as terrorism, scams, thievery, whats the difference. I also have been taken by these ### in june of 2007, books for my kids $65.00, if there is any lawsuit against these MF rs i want on the list and i want more than my $65.00 back, these people actually selling should be setting in jail right next to the officers of this company, please let me in on the lawsuit

• Da
    Danno Jun 05, 2009

Yep, I'm an idiot, lost $55 to these losers last summer. Get this, I invited the girl in and we played a game of chess while I wrote out the check and talked. I'm a dork.

Margaret Andrews Jul 06, 2009

Yep, I just realized (five months after the fact) that I was indeed ripped off by these same people. Unfortunately, the only thing I could do about it was blog a humorous cautionary tale about it: http://www.nannygoatsinpanties.com/2009/07/universal-subscription-services-inc.html

- Margaret

• Yr
    Yruss Jul 09, 2009

I too was scammed by untied subscription agency out of vero beach, florida. My calls have gone unanswered. So I turned to the publishers. They are the one's allowing these companies to distribute their products. There is also your AG office.

jaa Jul 15, 2009

My husband was taken by these people back in December of 2009, right after Christmas. He unfortunately was in the Christmas spirit and paid them $125. We just this week received a book...one we didn't order and it is July. I hope they haven't charged me more for this book.

• Valerie Jun 07, 2016

USA Universal Subscription Agency does not answer their phones. Have tried numerous times to get in touch with them to no avail. They have ripped me off in the tune of 155.00 dollars. Not A Happy Camper!

• Sh
    Sherisse Jun 07, 2016

I ordered a magazine from this "so-called" company back in July of '08 and no magazine has come in the mail. I have called to check on the status and no one will answer the phone. No voicemail, no live person, nothing. I was visited by a college student who said he could earn points for me purchasing a magazine. I will never trust anyone like this again. I cannot believe this.