Hobby Lobby Stores

Fri:9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat:9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Hobby Lobby StoresCustomer service / racial discrimination

I've recently seen on social media Hobby Lobby was being accused of racial profiling. I've shopped at Hobby Lobby for years and never experienced it till my recent visits. I was remodeling my bedroom and made several trips looking for the right wall art sometimes visiting twice a day for measurements. I noticed every time I walked in the announcement shouted security isle —- Moline police department on line Now this wouldn't of been alarming or noticing to me but since it was every visit I made I knew what was going on and that I was being racial profiled. When checking out the cashier and manager in front of the store was very rude while rolling their eyes. The funny thing is I'm a manager myself for a large company and we would never treat any of our customers as such good luck keeping customers with these type of racist tactics.

Comment Guidelines

2 Responses
      Noellekd Mar 20, 2021

Almost identical thing happened to me today after spending 50 bucks in the morning time and then an additional almost $300 with my husband in the evening due to a sale they were having and we had security called several times the cops were online one several times they had LP come to the front of the store and we paid for our stuff as I didn't think twice about it because I thought cuz I wasn't doing anything wrong and when I went to leave the store with my bagged up items in my cart as my husband was waiting at the register just to get the receipt handed to him the lp lady blocked me and told me I wasn't allowed to leave the store until she sees his receipt and she had to literally check the receipt to make sure that all the items were on there it was humiliating and embarrassing and I will never step foot back in the hobby lobby again after that experience and I will be telling everybody I know about it and asking them to boycott hobby lobby as well I'm considering calling the news stations as well I have never stolen anything from hobby lobby in my life so it's sad that they do this sort of thing even after she knew we paid for everything she was still rude to us both we were very upset. I'm considering returning all I purchased for full refund as I don't want to support a store that has policies that are directed towards innocent people trying to financially support their business. What's ironic is that while she was so focused on harassing us for no good cause an actual shop lifter apparently made off with some stolen goods. Normally I would be upset someone had stolen from the store since it negatively affects us all but I had to laugh this once because it was so ironic.

Noellekd Mar 20, 2021