ADVERTISIMENT
Thu:Closed
Fri:Closed
Sat:Closed

Reviews and Complaints

WalmartAutomotive service destroyed by car and negligence in customer service

On 3/13/2022, I took my car into the shop for an oil change. No problems were noted in the performance of the car. The mechanic changed the oil without a top treatment. A top treatment was purchased so he went back and did it again. I drove the car and 10 miles later and it was pouring out burning oil. Took my car to Carpenter’s Auto (North Augusta) on Monday (3/15/2022) to have the problem assessed. I was told that the car engine was overfilled by 5 extra quarts. The computer was placed on the car on monday (3/15) and those were the results. Went back to the Wal Mart and filed a complaint for damaging my car. A claim was made (Clm [protected]) and never heard from the claims dept for over a month. Called the corporate office and filed 12 complaints [protected]). I never heard from corporate over the past month. I had to purchased another car so I could go to work.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Walmartunfair treatment

I work outside at Wal-Mart Store #3570 in Evans, Georgia as a "Cart Pusher". I have been in this position for 6 and a half months with no complaints or coaching aside from a verbal coaching concerning attendance which primarily stemmed from repeatedly getting sick in the colder weather in January. That coaching serves as a warning more than anything else. I am respected by my supervisors and fellow associated for a strong work ethic. However, on August 9th, 2009 I received a written coaching for, and I quote, "being unproductive while drinking water".

I was working a 4:30-10:00 pm shift with one other person on a Sunday before all the local schools start back so it was understandably busy. The two of us were working as hard as we could especially in Georgia humidity and summer heat, often pushing more at once than instructed according to Wal-Mart guidelines because we were urged by a manager and expected to break the policy. Around 6:30 we had gotten the parking lot to a decent point and so I decided to stop to get some water from our orange cooler in our cart bay. After learning that it was empty on my side, I go to my co-worker's side of the store that he was covering with our cart machine (I had been pushing them by hand for 2 hours straight). I get to that side and pour myself a cup of water and lean against the carts to drink. Not even 30 seconds later my manager comes into the cart bay asking what we were doing even though we had cups of water at our mouths. He tells us there is no time to drink water and we reply telling him about the heat. After smart comments on his behalf, I walk away furious to go find another manager. The manager I tell about the incident will later be the one to write me up. Apparently I am supposed to be able to go without water. I didn't know this.

Often we will have 3-5 Cart Pushers at one time on a normal day but for whatever reason, there were only 2 of us on the busiest day I have ever encountered during my employment with Wal-Mart. I had already read Wal-Mart guidelines concerning heat and water breaks prior to this incident and I most certainly am allowed. There are no specifications as to when or where I should take these breaks. Does understaffing really prevent me from protecting my body or do I need to risk potential injury for 1 minute of a water break? Because of this incident, I now have to stay in my current position for 1 year more after I just became eligible to transfer or switch positions. I feel like I'm working in a hostile environment with my employers now and am being singled out. To the best of my knowledge, no one else that day got written up in my department regardless of the state of the parking lot which was cited as the reason for not having any time for water.

Comment Guidelines

5 Responses
      • Ha
        hate my job!!!!!! Sep 15, 2010

i work at wal-mart 3570 and it the worst place i have ever worked this one mananger jeff is fireing everyone he can just the other day he fired a guy who has worked for wal-mart for 10 years and hes trying to fire more now including me this needs to stop !!!

• Et
        ethicalhit Aug 19, 2009

These practices need to STOP!

• Ag
        Aggrivated with Walmart Aug 19, 2009

Yes that sounds like Walmart. Couldn't care less about their employees. My husband works at Walmart. Injured his knee to the point of having surgery. Pryor to surgery he was put on sitting only. He works in TLE. After leaving the Doctors office and reporting the sitting only instructions, he was told to go back to TLE and continue what he was doing and sit wen he could.

After surgery when he was able to go back in the shop they put im to working in the pit where he had to climb up and down a ladder all day.

He too is now being singled out. Denied requested days off, denied vacation. Written up for supposed things that appen months ago.

• Lc
        lcyoro Aug 17, 2009

I would contact Corporate on this to have them look into it.

• Ai
        Aidan Aug 17, 2009

Welcome to Wal-Mart-world, hon. Things won't get any better from here on out. Best I can say is look for another job. One that respects your physical limits. If all productive and hard-working associates find better jobs, maybe Wal-Mart will be forced to reconsider who it has running its stores, and its ethical stances.

ADVERTISIMENT