TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation

Fri:9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat:10:00 am - 3:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

closing an account/customer service

I have been dealing with this bank for a very short time. I am so glad I moved to Georgia and closed the account because there were no TCF Banks local. The staff never seems to know what they are doing. The branches in the grocery stores are super slow and they seem to take breaks 10x a day. I called on the 5th to the branch and told them I had $120 still left in the account and that I was now in Georgia and wish to get the credit balance sent to me. The transferred me to the main line which took for ever then I went through the options which have no option out to get to customer service. I was told to send a notarized letter by mail only!! to the branch I opened the account with att: ANY TELLER. I did as instructed and had it in the mail that day . I called on the 9th the branch a few times to get the branch superviser Alendro Zepeta who always seem to have just stepped out. Finally I was told no letter came I called again on the 10th, 14th, and 15th (same scenario) Roberto now said he had the letter and promised to send that day a Cashier's Check.. Called yesterday 18th to customer service, they called branch for me because I called and Alejandro said it was not done. Alejandro told the customer service rep that he did it on the 17th. Today 19th no check still, called customer service and they now tell me the check was drawn on the 17th. Somebody is lying and I am now asking for supervisor to help with me. Now was told it takes 24 to 48 hours to process after branch does their part.
DON'T USE THIS BANK IT'S A CROCK!!! WILL POST AGAIN WHEN I FINALLY GET MYYYYYY MOOOONNNNEEEYYY!!!

• SKOR May 19, 2012

If you were moving to another state, why did you check to see if there were any TCF branches near your new address? Did you not expect to do any banking in Georgia?

You could have easily closed the account in person while you were still in Chicago.

loss of money from tcf atm!

On 3 Jan 08, I requested a withdrawal of $ 400.00, from my TCF saving acct. what I got was $200.00 instead, Keeping my hands in view of the camera after counting my funds I turned to recheck the atm money slot and found a hispanic customer making a transaction, I could not see any money in the slot at that point. Keeping my hands in sight of the camera I entered the TCF bank which was located next door. I showed the money I had been given from the atm and explained the problem, I requested that a check on the atm's funds amount before my request and after my transaction, of course this wasn't be done, so I submitted a report. 16 business days later I found out that they had only checked the amount at the end of the business day, of course they found the amounts matched, complaint denied. I have talked to other TCF customers who had loss money too, one woman stated she had lost $200.00 too in the atm, and never got her money back. My money was a SSDI deposit, and this money is all I get per month. I have bills only partially paid and had to buy much less food this month. luckily I have a TCF checking Acct for my HUD relocation payments so I can make up the loss for now. I noticed the Bank Manager's near hostile responded, but checking the before and after cash amount of the atm and the 2 or more cameras covering the bank area would have revealed I never put anything into my pockets and came directly into the the bank area.

jon Oct 16, 2008

i found out that the atms that say tcf are not run by or controlled by tcf bank. it is ran by an outside company which doesnt care bout your lost or problems. it just offers tcf bank people free withdrawls and makes its money from people that dont have a tcf bank account and get charged the 2 bucks for taking out money. so really they cant check the atms for how much money you lost and should have called the number on the atm and they would have fixxed your problem.

Chris Dec 31, 2008

TCF has a system set up with their ATM network where it is impossible for anyone to present proof of ATM errors without a video tape of your entire transaction that you take yourself. Even in this case evidence may not be sufficient to have TCF admit any sort of fault. I even had a reciept from the ATM that said $0 was dispensed and that was not good enough. Their Regulation E specialists are a sham.

• De
    DesireeM Sep 20, 2011

Hey Chris, the same thing just happened to me and gave me the same error messaage. Were you ever able to get your money back?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices