US Timeshare Management AKA ADC Marketing Inc.Scam

A

I 100 percent agree with you. I experienced the same problem with this company. Smooth talking salesman Mark Mcgee had to have my $400 by the end of the week, because he had a family that wanted to buy my timeshare. I can't believe I fell for this scam! He sure was easy to get a hold of before he had my money, and after I made the payment and signed the contract, I could never get a hold of him. He would always be "out of the office" "on his phone" or "away from his desk". He would never return my calls. Well it turns out that I am a very persistent person and I kept calling, when I did finally get a hold of him, he assured me he was working hard to sell it, and that it would sell fast. Well it has been over a year, and when I contact the company now, they say he no longer works with the company anymore. I keep calling to this day. The other day I tried calling again, and both numbers I have are disconnected. Well I found out that they are know by a different name. ADC Marketing Inc. thier new phone number is [protected] When I called this new number I asked why they didn't let thier customers know that they changed their name and number. Harry Garcia the "Customer Service Supervisor" told me that they were going to send a letter out to all thier customers explaining to them that they had switched phone companys...blah! I keep calling with no avail, its always the same run around story. Today Ken Rose the "Assistant Manager" hung up on me after I asked how he could lie to people like this, and after I asked him about owner of the company "Steven Coakley", and if his real name was really D'lan Coakley. Ken said he did not know. I was also promised a FULL REFUND by both Harry Garcia and Ken Rose, (only after I called them out for scamming me and lying to me many times, and also telling them that I can have my lawer call them or thier lawyer call me, or have the police check the company.) My check was supposed to be in the mail last week, still not here. Thats why I called Ken today to see where my check was. They always ping pong the phone around so they do not have to talk to me. This is not over for me. I was promised a refund, and that is what I am going to get. Please no one trust this company, they can not keep getting away with this scam. I have filed a complaint with the Fort Lauderdale Police, and they are looking into my claim.
Hope this helps somebody!

• Sh
    SHELLAN Sep 01, 2009

It's really helpful. They (US Timeshare) took my money but didn't deliver. In the beginning, they called a couple of times to keep be abreast of what was happening. Then calls stopped. When I called, the person I talked with told me tales of someone interested but the intereste rate on their loan was too high for them and they were going to try to get it lowered, guess they never did. Called again and they were working with someone who looked promising. Then today, phones had been disconnected. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! What to do? Posted by SJ.

• Tr
    Tricia Williams Oct 27, 2009

Thank you for posting this. I just received a call from Victor Lewis with ADC Marketing. He placed me on hold to do his "market analysis" and I used that time to google the company name & saw this post. It prompted me to go to BBB.org where their rating is a C. The company website was posted and I went there next. They have timeshares listed to sell and I searched out my location to see if his "market analysis" numbers matched what he claimed he could sell my weeks for. He stated my weeks could sell between $26, 400 & $28, 400 while comparable properties on the site were listed for $10, 000 less, on average. When I asked why the differences in pricing he stated the web site might not be up to date. That's an awful answer since it has to be up to date to sell their inventory of weeks.

Then came the time for the pitch asking for the $1297 fee. He went into the song and dance of all that covered and I simply said I would never pay up front. I explained that he would earn the $1297 at closing by actually selling the property. He went on and on until I finally had to speak over him and say I am ending the call. He was very irritated. Just a little pay back for wasting my time.

• De
    Derelle Mar 19, 2010

I'm so sorry to hear this! I signed up with ADC today after a good two hours. He charged me 1, 998.00. I was so relieved because he sounded so confident. I have been scammed about 21 times over the past 12 years. Is there any hope for those of us who have enjoyed 30+ years of timeshare but have come to the point when if is too difficult to travel and now would like to turn it over to someone younger? Is there any hope at all?
    Dee

• De
    Derelle Mar 19, 2010

See above regarding Timeshare Resale - Are there any legitimate companies???

Sarah8 Mar 31, 2010

You're message helped someone! I received a voicemail @ my office (not ADC MARKETING) from a disgruntled timeshare owner. I called him back to let him know he had called the wrong number. After a brief conversation I decided to research this 'company' that hadn't called him back in weeks, maybe months. I found your review among others and am so incredibly vexed that people could take advantage of people in such a manner! I called him back to pass on the information I found and told him to file against them with the Ft. Lauderdale police as well! I hope you all receive redemption! And cash back!

Annie O. Mar 31, 2010

Hi Everyone! Just a quick update. My persistence paid off. After calling and calling this company, filing a complaint with the Fort Lauderdale Police Dept., telling this company that I google mapped them, and know thier exact location, calling them out on thier lies and scams, telling them that I have been meaning to visit my great aunt gertrude who lives in Fort Lauderdale while I live all the way in Wisconsin (I don't really have an aunt gerdy but hey THEY lied to ME first! lol. Telling them that I will KEEP calling them everyday until I get A FULL refund, telling them that I will go to every website possible, and writing complaint, telling them that my lawyer will call them or thier lawyer can call mine...I FINALLY GOT A FULL REFUND!
    Trust me if you are persistent with them, call them out on thier lies and scams, file a complaint with the fort lauderdale police, call them everyday, bother them liked they bothered you to pay them, if they tell you to hold...hold even if it takes them a while to get back on the phone, because once you get them on the phone try to keep them on the phone, because you may not be able to get a hold of them for another month or so.
    I really hope this helps, If anybody has any questions for me, or I can help in anyway please e-mail me or feel free to give me a call :)
    Annie [protected] [email protected]

Annie O. Mar 31, 2010

Oh one more thing, when these people first contacted me, they told me that it would cost $1299 to have them sell my timeshare, after a few more calls to me they went down to $400...That is a little suspect! NO legit company would do that.

• Mm
    M Malone Aug 19, 2010

What a scam this company is. Someone posted a new phone # yesterday (8-18-10) for ADC Marketing, Ft. Lauderdale. I just called that phone number [protected]:15 EST and the number has been disconnected. I paid $1298 in March with the understanding I would receive a refund in 6 months if they had not sold the timeshare. I mailed a certified letter on June 17th asking for instructions on how I receive a refund at the end of the 6 month period if the property has not been sold. There was an attempt to deliver the letter 2-3 times and now it has been returned to me as no one would pick it up. Another complainant connected the Ft. Lauderdale Police Department which is what I intend to do next.