US Mail / Mail CarrierNon delivery of home mail!

E

I would like to file a complaint on my mail carrier, he refuses to deliver my mail because my mail box sets back 4 inches from my neighbors (mail boxes are on posts near the curb on our road). Several years ago (approx 5) my mail box was knocked off the post by a snow plow, after several months of retrieving my mail from a P.O. box I purchased a plastic all in one mail box that slips over the post (the post stayed intact, just the box got knocked off). The mail carrier in my town periodically refuses to deliver my mail (recently I went 4 days with no delivery), he complains it sits to far back, but he delivers mail to a mail box that is about a foot away from mine that sits about 4 inches closer to the curb. I have cleared 7 feet of snow and ice all the way down to the curb and he still wouldn't deliver my mail. I confronted him and he used a very rude tone towards me and insisted that my mail box sets back to far and he told me he wouldn't deliver my mail. He filed a complaint on my mail box and I explained to the local Post office it is the same mail box and post that he has been delivering to for the past 5 years so they disregarded his complaint. His behavior is unacceptable and he should be reprimanded or replaced, he obviously doesn't want to do his job, which is to deliver US mail.

• Nj
    njgale Jan 26, 2016

I took 3 hours today to clear my mailbox of snow. I had some packages that needed to be delivered. According to my tracking I received a notice (which is a lie never received a notice) that "receptacle is blocked". He never looked! This is laziness of the part of the Postman. The snow is 8 feet deep on one side of the mailbox that is approximately 6 feet away. There is plenty of room for the PO truck to get to mailbox. This is sheer laziness of Postman. He needs to deliver my packages.

• Ti
    Tim Cronin Dec 04, 2008

The post office at the merrick train stattion is great except fot some of the females, giving them a bad name, bad addittudes, the short one with the red face lazy big mouth bad breath, no work morals, anytime your in there yap, yap, likes it her own space, better she should stay home..

• Ea
    E ALONZO Jul 11, 2008

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY AFTER 15 YEARS OF GETTING MY MAIL AT 11;30 A.M. NOW I GET MY MAIL AT 3;30 P.M . I KNOW THE STUDY LETTER CARRIER RETIRED. I LIVE ON CONTINENTAL AVE ZIP 10461 COULD SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK IN TO THIS MATTER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH E .ALONZO