UnsecuredLine.comFraudulent company

A

This company is by far the closest thing to 'making a deal with the devil' that I ever experienced. My brother Doug and I applied to this company to get business credit. They had this really nice person call us every few weeks to see if we were still interested. This is the bait. After a couple of calls and discussions, we decided that this was the way to go.

We should have noticed how desperate they were to get us to sign (the contract was actually from RBSL group, not unsecuredline) but at the time it just seemed they were really efficient. We also noticed at that point how many affiliates they have. After the signing, you get a totally different tone from them. They are rude and cold, provide no contact with you whatsoever, except to send threatening emails if you don't do what they say when they say it.

The contract is better organized than enron...pure genius! They claim to consult with you on banks. They actually GIVE you 15 or so banks and MAKE you apply to them all, or risk a being charged a fee. Where do they put this fee? On the credit card you gave them for the original $395 credit check profile. They also try to sell a optimizer that is supposed to help you get credit. We decided not to go with that.

After they found out they couldn't make money off us with that, they really got icy with us. What if you don't like the banks they offer? If you don't apply, they charge you a huge $2500+ fee PER BANK. What if they charge your card and you dispute it? That's in the contract, too. you cannot dispute their charges. What if you want to sue?

So says the contract, you have to pay all the legal fees. What if you want out of the contract? Sure, you can have out; but you're still liable to all the banks they give you, which means if you want out, you have to opt out before you find out which the banks. That's why they made us respond by email to say we got the banks! Told ya! Enron genius!

Oh, and to clear your inquiries, they send you to another of their affiliates, SBFC who you'll see also posted on the [redacted]. They didn't get us any loans. If they had, we would owe 5% of the amount of the loan to them for finding the company!!! They take full control of your credit report and your ssn while you work with them. And because they only take those people with good credit, they know it marring your score means something to you.

After we realized what we'd done, we felt controlled and trapped. The contract doesn't really make sense until you are knee deep in it, and they know that. Don't be fooled by the friendly voice or the friendly faces on the website. The authorities should be notified. DON'T fall for the scam. They WILL NOT help you, and you'll be worse off after dealing with them.

Whomever the palm springs person is that posted here, you need to let us know how to contact you for this class action suit.

• En
    Enckon Jul 11, 2011

I was looking for funding to expand my self storage business. I found their site on the internet under the heading "unsecuredline.com". I asked my accountant and attorney if something like this would show up on my credit report and they both indicated that this would DEFINITELY be on my credit report. After being "duped" into paying the $349 "application fee" up front, I asked their representative if this would show up on my credit report and they told me NO with a resounding email (they actually put it in writing).

Once I began the process and encountered their $2, 500 "fee", I again asked if it would show up on my credit report and I was told it most certainly would show up. I mentioned that one of their reps told me that it would NOT because otherwise I would never have gone beyond the application process at best. I told them I even had it in writing that it would not show up on my credit report and they had the balls to tell me that NO ONE from their company would have told me that. I again said that I had it in writing and they failed to believe that I had it.

Check with the BBB of Utah. Tons of complaints!! They have a poor rating with the BBB.

• Bt
    bthor76 Nov 02, 2010

Cody Rich called me from out of the blue this morning. He said that I had replied to his website. For the life of me I had never seen that particular website but he got my phone number from somewhere I don't know. He was one fast talking, slick SOB. He said that Funding Universe specializes in loans for truckers. I bit so I let him continue. My first suspicion was when he mentioned the $99 fee (huh?). When he asked for my social secuirity number I put the brakes on the whole conversation. I'm not in the habit of giving it out to just anyone who calls me. I told him I would have to check out who I was talking to. He went on to say that the Funding Universe has been featured in the national media like The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, INC 500 and so on. That didn't impress me and I told him I would get back to him.

I searched Funding Universe Scams and came across a slew of complaints. The jig was up. I called him back and confronted him with this news and of course he blamed the complaintants. Things got heated and then he called me a "loser". Got him! I knew I was talking to a shyster. I told him I was going to report him and his company to the U.S. Attorney's Office to which he replied "Good luck with that." End of conversation with the so called Cody Rich (probably an alias).

I called the U.S. Attorney in Salt Lake City who referred me to the local FBI office who referred me to a website (www.IC3.gov) to lodge my complaint. I suggest others do the same. The more times Funding Universe comes up the more likely the feds will investigate.

• We
    wetzeljo Oct 04, 2010

I had this Cody Rich guy call me at fundinguniverse.com. I picked up on his pushyness, and quickly told him I wasn't interested and that I was going to research it. He started getting aggressive and even more pushy, and I told told him I had to check with my partners. Then he started lecturing me on consistency in what I was telling him, definitely a spin tactic, this guy is GOOD. Beware!

Question: I did give him my social security number and my address, and full name/middle initial. I DID NOT give him any financial information. Do I have anything to worry about?

angel18 Aug 31, 2010

Well I have over 10 credit cards ...some I dont use and about 4 credit cards I use all the time. When I deal with new companies or companies I feel may try and abuse their power...I simply give them a credit card that is maxed out with very low spending limit left. Of course I dont tell them this. So when they do go in and try to charge fraudelent or non approved charges ...it is denied! lol

Also as soon as you feel their is a problem with a company such as universal rip offs you should immediately report your card lost or stolen...and credit card company will immediately terminate old number and issue you a new credit card. At least this insures they cant make anymore bogus charges. ..And you can deal with suing them later.

Good luck guys!

• Fr
    freedomcreditfighter Jun 07, 2010

SafetyDave please know what you’re talking about before you mislead people. 1st there are two types of loans: unsecured and secured

Unsecured loans are based solely on a borrower's credit rating. It is not backed by collateral. Is harder to get and is also known as a signature loan or personal loan, which they can take whatever they want in payment or take you to court to pay the debit if you defaut or fail to pay.

Secured loans use personal or business collateral to get your loan - i.e.: your business real estate, home, car etc. That means they can take it if you fail to pay or meet your obligation

However, no creditable lender takes money up front, usually they will take it at "closing" or when you sign the final papers of the loan or depending upon the loan they may take it when payment has been made to the debit. Never give your bank account to someone use a toss away debit card then if it is fraudulent you don't have to worry about them emptying your bank account - been there done that and have been lending for many years. Make sure you keep a close eye on your credit report a few dollars under $20 as they have probably already reported you. Make sure you send the reporting agencies (all 3) your information and that it is a scam and even this website as proof, and any other information you have so they will keep it off. I wish you all the best of luck in getting your money back. You can contact me at [email protected] with any questions to my comments.

• Br
    Braveheart Properties, LLC Feb 23, 2010

We are on the hook for $4, 000. with RBSL. They have done zippo for it. Our lawyer said to pay it to protect credit rating. I am onboard for class action suit.
    Is anyone organizing one?

• Th
    they gotcha again Feb 01, 2010

You guys all went for the "something for nothing" scam. Only thing is that "they" all know "something for nothing" is too obvious. So they get you with "a whole lot for very little" scams. I just went through about seven or eight of these "not quite total scams, but close to it" companies with my uncle. Each one promised alot for a little, and he "sucked into" them for anywhere from $150 to $300, then he paid over $1, 000 to a marketing firm to get his "will never come up" web-sites "tweaked". I'm pretty savy, and I could not get some of them to come up on the internet, even though I entered the actual website address. None of them came up on "google". Some of the "parent" company websites came up, encouraging others to invest. In these kinds of business schemes you do all the work, but pay someone else to encourage you. If you work as hard as you can, they don't have to. If you rely on them to do the work, you just threw your money away, and, since you think they were going to do all the work, you lost your money. They work hard for your money. They got it, so they succeeded in their business. Remember, if you worked as hard as they do, you would make money too. All crooks work hard. All legitimate business men work hard. In the end, they get your money, because you don't want to work hard. In fact, if you got the "easy money" they seem to promise, you would likely fall for another "almost" scam and join a fitness club that you will never go to, because you would have to work "hard".

Safetydave Jan 27, 2010

Beware of ANY "unsecured" loan. I haven't seen a legitimate one yet. Honest institutions are committed to protecting their money and it is VERY difficult to get a legitimate loan. Legitimate operations do not charge you for a credit check. They also do not stack up fees for loan insurance, etc. Banks offer *additional* insurance as an option which rarely costs more than $100.00. Legitimate funders are already insured! These online scammers charge you for information they get from Googling the web. You can do it for free. Also use the "whois" domain checker. If a website is listed by proxy or the adminstrator is listed as private then they are hiding. A lot of the scammers run the website for a month then abbandon it and start another. The :whois" feature shows when their site was started. Often you will see it hasn't been there long yet they claim thousands of satisfied customers. Oh yeah, Real lenders want collateral, the scammers don't even mention it. They will when they read this post but they'll not have a way to physically verify it like a legit will. I had an agent actually come to my house to "see" with his own eyes my collateral. He came from four states away.

• Sc
    scottL Jan 18, 2010

please include me also in any class action law suit. My story is the same as all the posts here.

• Em
    emmas39 Dec 04, 2009

This company is now operating as "FUNDING UNIVERSE" ... I got scammed too. Please let me know about the class action lawsuit... or send me an e-mail and I will be the person to compile everyone's information and then we can find an attorney. My e-mail is : [email protected] Thank you.

• Ri
    richardbybee71 Nov 28, 2009

I don't get it. I bought some of USL products/services and have received some funding ($25k) as well as 'goods and services' in the form of a business plan, financing plan, and other useful tools. I've gotten my money's worth and some funding. They have been easy to contact, and helpful. I have gotten what I paid for and then some...

• Ct
    ctownsend Nov 19, 2009

Count me as another sucker. As previously mentioned, my experiences are very similar to the experiences shared here. I reported RBSL to my credit card company, and the CC company honored the RBSL contract even though I was provided NO gods or services. Thanks a lot DISCOVER!

Fortunately, my wife is an attorney. I will look into a class action suit against RBSL. FYI, we are also going to go after Discover Card. I will make another post on this forum in a few days with more info.

• Pa
    paula ann Nov 17, 2009

We have been dealing with this company for seven months. They took us for $2500.00. They are so rotten. A scam. I am trying to get my money back, but they always have an answer. I haven't got the loan and can't get our money back. I have tried to turn them over to the better business bureau in Iowa, but they kept giving me different places to call. This company has to be stopped.
    We did everything on the list and still can't get our money back. To me, $2500.00 is a whole lot of money. I hope people keep complaining about them and something is done. [email protected]
    I want in on the class action law suit.

• Yu
    yunia Nov 03, 2009

please call the FBI and report them also if you intresting sue and do class action lawsuit please send me and email to [email protected] my lawyer can contact you and get those deliquente out of street and pay for

• Rl
    R.Laskey Oct 08, 2009

I would also like to be contacted about the class action lawsuit.

• Ha
    Happy Customer 2009 Sep 11, 2009

Anyone who buys into [redacted] needs to visit this website:

[redacted] IS NOT LEGIT-IT IS AN EXTORTION SCHEME!

• Be
    beeper_bob Sep 09, 2009

I was scammed also. I was recommended to these ripoffs by Money For You a financial consultanting firm in Port Angeles, WA. MFU made a gaping error by referring us to the RBSL group to get a SBA ARC Loan. The application was more than I had ever completed and then came a list of four banks they said I HAD to apply to. They were riding my every day, even calling me on my cell phone at work saying time was running out. At the end they extended my time to get the apps done. i did one and decided this was not for me. I sent them a letter of cancellation by UPS Overnight and got this reply from them today:

Your account is canceled--Thanks

Regards,

Jordan Keith

T: [protected] ext 151
    F: [protected]
    Unsecured Line, LLC

All I put out was $369.00. I immediately hot listed my credit card and advised my bank of the scam. Please include me in the class action law suit against these ###. [email protected]

• Rb
    RBSL former employee 2 Sep 01, 2009

This company is crap. I actually used to work for them, but quit because of how unethical they are. It is all lies upfront. They try and make you feel comfortable, but that is just to get you locked into a contract. Everything that this company has to offer you can easily do on your own. There are no "underwriters" working for this company. It just you average Joe looking at your credit report and filling in the blanks. The "Credit Optimizers" they offer they are customized, but in reality they are all a bunch of copied and pasted crap. Don't waste your time. Just go to a company like identity guard, and you can get all the info that this company will give you for $20 instead of $2500.

• Ss
    sshrop Aug 27, 2009

I was a victim also. I dont think I need to go into detail about my experience its the same as everyone elses. All though I have found what many are asking for. A PLACE TO FILE A CAMPLAINT. www.consumerprotection.utah.gov this is Utah's department of comsumer affiars. I have called the Attorney generals office of Utah and Colorado which is where this company opperates from. they told me there is not pending cases for this company. I was Directed to the above place to file a complaint. So everyone the more complaints that are filed the better our chances for shutting them down. The second complaint center is the National Comsumers League Fraud Center. www.fraud.org/ this center will direct the compliat to the appropreite law enforcement agency. I have also found the SBFC in not in any Bar associatin listing neither by that name for the only name listed for the group. I am looking into a complaint with the bar or other federal agency. So Please if anyone else has info lets use it to stop this company. if anyone has info on the class action suit let me know [email protected]

• Ex
    EXPECTIT Aug 21, 2009

God Help me, this is by far the most insidious and devious scam yet. I have dealt with these ###, yeah I said it, and they trun the tone over once the contract is signed. They said they'd work with me for making payments for this "optimizer" and then proceeded to try to get the money out of my account all at once. Liars. They then began a ransacking of my account till they accumulated the $2500 fee. I had to fill the account from my savings (What I live on in the summer time as I'm a teacher) and then told me to read the contract after I complained.

They make you do the work of the business plan and then "correct" it and tell you what to change. The good news is I have finally completed my business plan, the bad news is I have to find real and legitimate investors now.

I WANT IN ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

They need to pay.

One pissed off Californian.

• Re
    reivaj Aug 10, 2009

They got me too. Daphne Romero was the friendly voice and she said that I can go for a ARC loan for now to pay off some credit cards and get my personal credit jump up. She asked me to send the $329 and then in 3 days I received a phone call from Cody Rich and told me that I needed to get into the optimizer report to fix my business credit report and it will cost me $2500. I never sent that money. I cannot believe these people are on the loose getting fat from other people's money. If there is a class action suit, please let me know.

• They got me, in the same way ( no need to repeat) Please send class action suit information to : [email protected]
    I got no money hence the need for the loan.

Signed,
    Can't afford bus fare to court.

• Fe
    felipe Aug 05, 2009

Business owner and aspiring business owner, be aware of this company RBSL group (fundinguniverse.com). They are a complete fraud.
    They claim will help you to secure financing to your business but what they truly want is your money. Their strategy work like this:
    First they convince you to pay $329 and they promise you they will help you to secure financing within two weeks. Then you receive a call within
    two days and they convince you to pay $2500.00 to get your profily in optimal condition for financing. Then they advised you that they will produce and
    optimizer report and be delivery to you within 3 business day. Within 3 days you will receive an email advising you the report is done. In that email
    you will receive another advised to contact a law firm provided to you by them and that you will receive a discount of $250, if you allow then to help you
    with your credit history. At that point I knew I was dealing with an unethical company. Please follow my advise and do not make the same mistake I did. Once they
    get your personal ATM, they will charge your card without your autorization. I already opened a complain with my personal bank, too. Please read and learn from my mistake.
    Stay away from RBSL Group (fundinguniverse.com)

• Cy
    cyrilprabhu Aug 04, 2009

I am currently going through the same anxiety and frustrations with the Unsecuredline.com, i have also signed the agreement, they continue to threaten me about the contract and charged my account $2500 on my credit card and finally i filed a complaint as fradulant charge and removed them from my card.

Now they changed another $250 on my account and made the regular cheques bounce. I dont know what to do. If someone finds out how to find a complaint about them, please send a mail to [email protected]

• Vi
    VinDua Jun 27, 2009

I had the same experience. I wanted to take loan for real estate investing but did not have a business for that. I called Cody Rich in Unsecured.Com and he said I don't need a company and I can easily get the loan for real estate investing. When I paid him $330 as application fee, someone else from his company called me and said I will not get a line of credit without having a business. He also said that I simply cannot get a loan for real estate business in these times. He suggested me to manipulate the system almost doing some fraud. He said I should take LOC for some other business like IT consulting and later use that credit for real estate. My point is they took $330 from me by giving wrong information. I tried to get that money back but did not succeed. Now I am trying to find some institution in Utah where I can lodge a formal complaint.

• Ba
    Barney Jun 17, 2009

I have dealt with this company and got funding. I did read the contract prior to signing and their fee structure is lower than all others I checked in this category. My experience was very positive. They made no promises on the front end and provided me with excellent coaching that likely would have made it so I did not get so much funding. I got funding in the low 6 figures with the help of UnsecuredLine.

I was told by the sales rep that much of the complaining on these types of sites is due to the large amount of potential business owners that they deal with and wide range of clients that they work with. Certainly they are not miracle workers, but I would bet some of you complaining have crappy credit and did not follow their recommendations.

Barney, Dublin, Ohio

• Go
    goodgirl Jun 10, 2009

You all are right. Thank god I caught them before my account was actually debited. They are a complete scam! They falsified the application, which I NEVER signed and they wanted proof of my checking account which they were trying to use to get the $329. I contacted the Utah (the state unsecuredline.com claims they operate out of) State Attorney General's office regarding this scam in order to file an online complaint.

I hope this group of scammers burns in hell!!! They have taken advantage of A LOT of people and they should be prosecuted for their actions!

• Ad
    adrian May 27, 2009

I just happened upon this site, but after i made the initial fee. I haven't had much more contact with them.
    I would like to know more about this class action suit. thanks, I can be reached at [email protected]

• Al
    alpuckett26 May 13, 2009

I came here because I paid the initial fee and was then contacted to pay the 2500 for this magical profile they were going to create for me. Being a halfway descent detector of too good to be true I googled the company and found this site. I would like to be contacted about the class action suit going on. Thanks [email protected]

• Ga
    gatorpilgrim Apr 13, 2009

I have had the same experience with unsecuredline.com. I feel that I have been baited into their service, lied to about their services, manipulated into paying them money, and forgotten about after I made payment by this company. I heard from their reps weekly until I paid for the service. After making the payment, I have yet to hear from anyone offering to help me. Please let me know about the class action lawsuit. My email is [email protected]

• Pa
    Parker Apr 03, 2009

The company Unsecuredline.com needs to be investigated. When they contact you a friendly person is right on it to get your $329.00 for what they call your credit application but what it really is is an underwriter getting your credit report and making up a 'report card', not even to ask any questions, just filling in the blanks with their best guesses, I think?

Then you find out that they are not the lender, they are providing brokers who will send you to several banks with application fees involved and you may not see a dime or you may see $500 but they still take their broker fee. This is not professional. Everything should be explained on the front side but they make you feel like they are there for you. They are, to take your money!!

Please be careful. I went right back to Keelia Brown and wanted to cancel but she wrote back two days later saying it might be to late because they probably already started on my report card. They could not have, I changed my password to the report. There was no way for them to access my personal credit score. Therefore, I got an F on my personal report card. I have never had an F at anything in life and this is an insult to my intelligence!