UnlockSolution.co.ukMisrepresentation

B

First - I do not believe that this company has done anything illegal. Two clicks away on their T&Cs they had an old list of phones that did not include the phone model I was looking to unlock. However, it would technically have been very simple for them to make this clear to me when I entered the model number. I have absolutely no doubt that there are many people who will beleive they have been tricked by this - it is totally underhand - they clearly give the impression that they will provide the unlock code after payment, but they actually send a "report" listing a number of shops in another country that may be able to unlock the phone.

Sadly there are many good companies out there providing this service and these guys are giving them all a bad name!

• Go
    got done Dec 16, 2009

I totally disagree, unlocksoloutions is a total scam, i got done by them. I have disputed my paypal charge and is pending, DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. they are total con artists

• Le
    Lee79 Dec 25, 2009

Just been done by them! Why should you have to google the word scam whenever you use an internet company.

Sure, the list of phones that come down on the drop down menu is deliberatly mis-leading, otherwise, why have them on there if it's not to give you the impression they unblock them?

I agree, there is nothing illegal, but, it is certainly immoral and mis-leading.

• We
    Welly99 Jan 11, 2010

OMG... never believed that it was going to happen...went to another company and wen they couldn't do it they refunded the money...!!

I emailed the company to say i wanted a refund and got an aggressive email back...they said i have credit and i can use it another time but i cannot get use of this...

Scamming F****r's and totally againt the customer service part of business...imagine what the world would be like if we all wer like this!

• Sh
    shirleyamj Jan 12, 2010

just been scammed by them. if they cant supply a code they should just say so and not charge or at least refund

Alielf Feb 02, 2010

Ive just been scammed by them too...they sent a code after payment, but the code doesnt work. I should have known, bloody con artists!!"! I'm awaiting a reply from them to explain...watch this space!

whorlton Feb 02, 2010

Think I have also been done. Paid for a code - phone was listed as one they had code for - but, after 3 days, no contact from them despite emails from me.

Alielf Feb 02, 2010

After sending them an email saying my code didnt work I got an email back from them quite quickly, but they said that I needed to contact a mobile phone shop to unlock the phone as it was a problem with my phone and that they were giving me credit with them instead. I was really pissed off so sent them an angry email saying that I was going to write to watchdog and get their company investigated. After this they immediately replied with a refund. Im quite happy with this response, and think they responded professionally, although it did take a harsh email to get that response.

Alielf Feb 02, 2010

Sorry I said that I thought they responded professionally, but this doesnt mean that I think they provide a professional service! After reading everyones comments its seems this happens too often for them to be reliable. And i agree, they shouldnt say they can provide a service when they blatantly can't!

whorlton Feb 03, 2010

Still no reponse but have given them 24hrs to respond and informed them that, should they continue to ignore me, I will refer to Trading Standards.

whorlton Feb 03, 2010

Within 30mins. of threatening to inform Trading Standards I've heard from PayPal that payment has been refunded. There has not been a single contact from these people but it would seem that they are concerned about being exposed and a tough approach works.