Universal Gift Ventures / TheDVDPlanet.orgFake company!

We ordered dvds from this company payed our money and then no product was shipped. No contact with the company was possible they do not return emails. They have no phone numbers available. They took us for a lot of money that we did not have. We have two children and we are a one income family. We will struggle to recover from this. Hope someone can advise us, how to get our money back!

• Su
    Susan Smith Nov 27, 2007

I ordered a DVD from The DVD Planet and received pointless e-mails stating I would receive a tracking number and when my order would arrive. I never got a tracking number .When I wrote them they said they had made a error and would be shipping manually and could not give me a tracking number. They also offered me a 35% off coupon for future orders. I wrote again and ask for a 1-800 number to talk about this. I keep receiving the same e-mail regardless of my question. I do not believe I will get my package nor will I get a real response. I have learned my lesson.

James W. Cox Nov 29, 2007

This company definitely appears to be fraudulent. They took my order, charged my credit card, and never delivered. When I e-mailed "support" to inquire as to the status of my order, I received a lengthy (but non-sensical) response just 24 seconds after my e-mail was sent. Obviously this is an automated response meant to confuse the customer and delay further action. I will be contacting my bank to reverse the charge immediately. If you're checking up on "Universal Gift Ventures" or "The DVD Planet" prior to placing an order, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Janet Gartlan Nov 30, 2007

I believe this company also operates under the websites
    www.dvdavenue.tv and www.ultimatedvdshop.com.

I ordered DVDs from the latter and experienced pretty much the same thing.

I managed to contact them and asked for a shipping tracking number, they gave me a Canadian tracking number that the Canadian postal service had no record of.

When I told them that, they offered to 'resend' the DVDs. I asked them to send me the new tracking number and have not heard from them since.

Jay Lee Dec 03, 2007

Ordered but did not receive $70.00 Carol Burnett Show Collection.
    No response to my e-mails.

Mandy Sherrow Dec 04, 2007

This company has to be fake, and boy am I a sucker for a good deal! I ordered from them first with a credit card, they sent me an email saying that my card was declined, so I payed with my debit card. Now, two days later, my credit card is showing the charges as well as my debit card. I have tried emailing them, no response. No phone number. Luckily I used cards both times, and will be getting reimbursed eventually from my bank and credit card. Please do not do business with these people!!!!!

• Mo
    Moira Elliott Dec 06, 2007

Purchased DVD collection. I did receive it, however, it was completely inadequate and not what was promised. Have sent several emails to get a refund and have received no response. I was taken!

• So
    Sonya Dec 06, 2007

Purchased what was suppose to be Collectors Edition Series but was really taped from TV, collection had duplicate shows in different seasons or DVD did not play completely.

Sent emails for refund - They did NOT respond.

Alex Lifson Dec 07, 2007

I was caught in their scam! I have cancelled my credit card and am taking legal action.

It's our only recourse, as I'm sure these slimy weasels operate out of a cave under cover of darkness.

They do say on the website that you get what you pay for. I guess we should pay full price to the corporate masters from now on!

Alex.

• Th
    Theresa Wagner Dec 11, 2007

I ordered DVDs from this online company that seemed legit but I still have not received the DVDs.

allen sutton Dec 11, 2007

It would seen that I have been scammed as well, it has been 5 weeks and no dvd's and no contact #'s for this company, when I have emailed them they only responde with item was shipped to wrong address...

Melissa Ann Rice Dec 11, 2007

I am currently looking into all, every and any news cast that is willing to expose this company in a broad manner to make people aware of kind of company this is. I think it is horrible that all of the consumers of this organization have been duped. I too ordered a dvd collection last month and I received two different explanations of why I did not receive my order. Both excuses made no sense what so ever. They offered me a discount for my trouble and assured me that my order was on its way. Furthermore, they cannot issue me a tracking number due to trouble with their shipping department. I hope people can find out about them so that they can save themselves the heartache so many of us have had to endure.

Allen Swanson Dec 12, 2007

I too am ripped off... Offered me lame duck excuse like, "we shipped it to the wrong address, our shipping department is doing it all manually, sorry for no tracking number, etc, etc....' What a rip off company. fortunately, I reported this to Visa and they personally refunded me my $70.00

• Lo
    louise lobo Dec 12, 2007

I received the exact same e-mail as the previous post. "Wrong address", "tracking system down", "shipped manually", etc. I am so upset. I was starting to get worried now I am very worried that I'll never see my money again!! What can we do?

• Ck
    Ckil42476 Dec 12, 2007

I also ordered DVDs from Universal (aka DVDplanet.org) on November 3rd and have gotten some bogus run around about a shipping problem. They said they reshipped my videos on 11/30. I still haven't received them and they won't respond to my emails now. I guess I should have known better!

• Pa
    patti kendall Dec 12, 2007

I also orderd from the dvd planet.org and have the same run around about shipping problems since 11/13/07. I e mailed DVD planet and they said yhey are not affiliated with this company whih they say is Universal Gift ventures I', out $88.00. What crooks!

• Mo
    Monique Hutzenbiler Dec 12, 2007

I also ordered a DVD set and paid 80 bucks and received the message they shipped to the wrong address and that they would reship and i have yet to receive. I've sent several messages and received no response.

• Ka
    Karon Murdock Dec 13, 2007

Add one more to the list, I too was ripped off by DVDPlanet. Ordered dvd set in the middle of Nov. I have written twice and got lame excuses on why my shipment has not arrived. First I was told it was mailed to the wrong address, second time I was told something was wrong with their database and everything had to be shipped manually, I was offered a 35% coupon off my next purchase... like I would really be stupid enough to order from them again. I'm calling my credit card today to see what I can do about the charge and recieving no goods.

• Ho
    Holly Roberts Dec 13, 2007

I also ordered $80 worth of DVD's from UNIVERSAL GIFT VENTURES/dvdcollections.com, for my dad for Christmas. I got emails saying they shipped to the wrong address and they were having tracking disputes with the post office. I contacted my credit card company and they pulled UNIVERSAL GIFT VENTURES up from this list!! What slime!!!

Melissa Ann Rice Dec 13, 2007

I placed an order with them on 11/17 and have gotten nothing but the run around from them since. I was given the excuse that it was shipped to the incorrect address followed by another email from a different person several hours later saying that the didnt ship it out because there was a problem with their shipping department and they were correctin the problem by sending the orders out manually. Furthermore, by shipping it manyally it was impossible to give me a tracking number. So, did they or did they not ship my order? I still have not recieved my order as of today 12/14 so I cancelled the order through my credit card and visa is going to dispute it with them themselves. That is the best way to make people realize what vermin these people are. In closing, my response email from the manager Mr Brian Lawson regarding my query as to where my order was plainly this "What is your problem?" Isn't that nice of him?!

Linda H. Simons Dec 13, 2007

I too ordered DVD's $149.00 worth. Thank God my credit card company took it off my bill. I emailed DVD Planet and told them I knew their company was a fraud. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!

Jo Jo Concorde Dec 14, 2007

I ordered DVD's the never arrived. I had e-mail responses with one excuse after another that I am sure were automatically generated. Below are exaples of the responses: The last response I got three or four times to differenct questions to them that I submitted on their website. This all started Novemeber 16th. I still have not received my dvds. I have since cancelled my payment with my card at my financial institution and have also cancelled my card so they can't use my numbers in any way.

Your order has been RESHIPPED
    > Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
    > We deeply apologize for this terrible delay.
    > As you know may already know, your order was shipped
    > to the wrong address. It has now been reshipped.
    > We are sorry for there being no tracking, but our
    > shipping system is down so everything is being
    > shipped manually.

Hello,

Your order looks to be lost due to a problem with our database. When we import our database of orders into CanadaPost, we are having connection problems.

These problems have caused packages to be shipped to wrong zip codes. We thought this problem was fixed before this shipment.

So what we are going to do is reship your order. We are not willing to have this happen again, so we will have to ship all packages manually.

There will not be any tracking, but there will also not be any delays. Shipping the packages out manually allows us to ship any day and not just on Saturdays. Down side is there's no tracking.

Your order will ship out this coming week and take 6 business days for delivery.

I am very sorry for the delay. For this problem, you can use this coupon code after Dec 27th for 35% off.

Coupon Code - 35off35

Again, I'm very sorry for the delay, but our main focus now is getting the packages reshipped manually so that there is no mistakes. Any gifts will be received in plenty of time for the holidays.

Hello,

Your replacement order has been shipped out already. It was due Dec 6-8th, but with the busy Christmas season, a small delay can be expected.

Your order should be there within a matter of a few business days.

Regards,
    Brian Lawson
    Management

Rod Coe Dec 14, 2007

My god!! Those emails are exactly the same ones I received! I guess I've been scammed too. Wrote the dispute claim with my card issuer and while I know I'll get my $$ back, I know these slimeballs will just get someone elses. In fact, the deal they had wasn't even that good, but I couldnt find the set available anywhere else (Mission Impossible TV series). I just wrote every shopper search engine I could think of and report them there.

• Ti
    Tiru Dec 14, 2007

HDFC Bank India floated this venture. All transaction money collected from this website is deposited into a HDFC Bank owned savings account in India. HDFC have known to float many of these small ventures via website in different countries to raise money for their instant debts to avoid their crash predicted starting March end 2008.

linda hernandez Dec 14, 2007

i order also from them and they gave me the run around too.

linda stewart Dec 15, 2007

I also placed an order with them on 11/7. I was given the excuse that it was shipped to the incorrect address followed by another email that there was a problem with their shipping department and they were correcting the problem by sending the orders out manually. Furthermore, by shipping it manually it was impossible to give me a tracking number. I still haven't received them and they won't respond to my emails now.

• To
    Tonya Leach Dec 15, 2007

I order "My Wife and Kids" DVD collection and did not receive. I also received an e-mail saying my order was sent to another address and they were going to ship by regular mail but could not give a tracking number. I immediately sent an e-mail to them requesting a refund and they have not responded. I lost $80.00 and will find a way to get my money back.

• Ci
    Cindy Pallme Dec 15, 2007

Those email messages are the same ones I received several times. I guess I got scammed too. Ordered on Nov. 5 and it's Dec 15 and no DVD's. Hopefully my credit card company will take the charge off. Can't someone do something to shut them down?

• Rc
    rc Dec 15, 2007

I received the same email messages as others mentioned. Ordered on Nov. 7 and it's Dec 15 and no DVD's. Will be contacting credit card agency to credit my account and change my card number.

Andrew Lippman Dec 17, 2007

Identical situation. My bank is currently investigating them. They've had my money since November 9th and sent the same emails and offers of future discounts. Lovely business ethic...

Marguerite Kessler Dec 18, 2007

I ordered a dvd on November 15, Today is December 18 and I still haven' received my order. No communication .

Megoddammit Dec 18, 2007

I got screwed as well. I placed an order for a dvd collection and have gotten nothing. If anyone has any information on this company, let us know so we can hunt down the ###

Mark Van Beek Dec 18, 2007

I also ordered DVD's from this company. Wish I had did a search with the company name and fraud in the search bar. Would have learned real quick. Same story as the rest. Wrong address, delayed shipping, not tracking - the computers are down. They have been responding to my emails, but again with a song and dance to sit tight and they will be coming. I am not going to sit any longer. It has been over a month with nothing, and based off of the responses here. I am not going to get my movies. If this is happening so much why are the authorities not checking into this. Another site has a response from the company which they stated there are over 200,000 satisfied customers. If they have swindled this many people, someone should do something. I will be contacting as many people as I can to see if someone will help.. Bad DVDPlanet..

• Lo
    louise lobo Dec 19, 2007

I ordered DVD's from this company on November 19th and received exactly the same excuses others did. I finally received them yesterday (December 18). Immediately viewed the first one and it was recorded off of TBS television station!!! It showed the logo at the bottom of the screen and they continually showed the upcoming shows at the bottom of the screen throughout the program. It had the ending of a commercial at one point. Isn't this illegal to record and sell for profit? This company needs to be stopped!!!

I am shipping them back immediately, I hope I get my refund even though I had already reported it to my credit card company last week.

• Ed
    Edna Fritz Dec 19, 2007

I ordered dvds from dvdcollections.tv on November 17 and I still haven't received them. They said they mailed them to the wrong address and would be sending them again. They told me I could track the package but never gave me a tracking number. They also will not give me a phone number. I will be calling my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. Crooks!!

Ron Dec 20, 2007

I too have had these mails and no goods.

Has anyone tracked them down yet to get their money back.

Ron Dec 20, 2007

It seems that there is someone called Colin involved in all of this, does anyone have any info on him

Received: from unknown (HELO collindesktop) ([email protected]@24.36.118.126 with login)
    by smtp100.rog.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; 11 Dec 2007 08:55:48 -0000
    X-YMail-OSG: kVm4kOEVM1kJJULTvMMR8wdaPkZyPzoEdjVFse46q62_n.25Y14yDmctmsYcCiQ7zg--
    Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    From: "TheDVDPlanet.org Support" <[email protected]>

This character is linked to [email protected] , this was in the email I got from the dvdplanet.org saying all the crap they normally mention about how sorry they are.

Mark Van Beek Dec 20, 2007

This is a follow-up from my last post. I am currently working with my credit card company. I have read other posts and hear that people are receiving burned DVDs from I guess DVR recordings or copies from an original set of disks with printed labels. This is highly illegal. I have sent emails to several of the companies that produce some of the sets that they send out such as Jim Henson Productions, CBS, Warner Brothers, etc... I would highly suggest all those that receive illegal copies of movies do the same, or if you did not get copies, still inform these companies of the dealing with this thedvdplanet aka Universal Gift Ventures. There are similar scams out there and possibly the same group of people. DVDDonkey is another one that has fairly good deals to snare you and then you get taken. I am also upset since this site was a sponsored company by google. I am still working on trying to find a good email address to tell google to stop supporting companies such as this.

• Ci
    cindy morrison Dec 21, 2007

I also have a simular problem with them,except I can't get anyone to email me,I ordered from them on november 31st and it is now december 21st and I still dont have my dvda or anyone who will email me I sure wish I had a phone number to call them or at least get a tracking number from them, getting worried here, it is a christmas gift

• Pa
    Pat Scott Dec 21, 2007

theDVDplanet.org- Copyrights violators.
    False advertising. Bootleg DVD-R copies. No responds.
    Scam after scam after scam.
    ??? How is it that VISA / MASTER CARD continues to allow them to use their services after all ???
    It is so obvious that these piraters have been given a pass. In order to take VISA, a company must meet
    high standards followed by routine checks yearly.
    ??? All these rip-offs to all of us and they're still eating away our bank accounts like a cancer ??? AMAZON will have no part of these parasites. They should have
    been shut down long ago! Come on credit card companies and big bankers - Put YOUR money where
    your mouth is. Pay YOUR legal-eagles to watch OUR
    savings. Someone's asleep at the switch. WAKE UP !!!

• Gr
    GREGORIO PERRI JR. Dec 21, 2007

Hi, I ordered a CAROL BURNETT DVD COLLECTION set online @ TheDVDPLANET.org for $69.99. Apparently, the DVDs were shipped and is sitting at a Canadian Post Office since Dec. 12: 2007/12/13 18:51 OAKVILLE, ON; Item accepted at the Post office. Tracking # CX229002003CA.

I checked with USPS and there is no info on the product being shipped to the United States. Where is it? Why doesn't the USPS have any info.???? This was a Christmas gift. I think the company is a rip off. There isn't a phone # available; I have e-mailed them (online) with no response.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices